translate

Thursday 28 September 2017

THURSDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


 

Good morning Bloggets. My Husband caught his early transport to Manchester again today. He told me the trains are going on strike so a place he is due to go to next Wednesday may have to be changed. Not Virgin trains, but Northern. On the 3rd and 5th of October, it’s a long running dispute over the role of guards and driver only train.

 

I must say, I really don’t like the idea that there will only be a driver on our trains. Firstly, security reasons. As they are trained if you pardon the pun, to look out for something suspicious. Secondly, often on our trains there is conflict between passengers. I just feel safer with there being another person on board! And often you can just buy a ticket on the train, well you won’t be able to do that. And, so many times I have been on a train when tickets have been checked and the person has been able to get on with false documents/rail cards or tickets. They have direct numbers to the correct numbers to call for whatever diversities that may occur too.

 

My window cleaners are here they are great. Really do a good job and they come every month, whereas my last ones came every four or five months. I haven’t cancelled the other ones, well they haven’t been back for me to do so. Hub says keep them both on. After all it’s took us five years to find these new guys, so if one lot decide to quit, I have others. No way I'm climbing to do upstairs windows. Though I’m  sure it will cheer passers by as I clime some very bendy ladders. Either that or cause a crash.

 

BW working and I’m going out with my lovely friend. Not sure where we are doing lunch today yet.

 

I have been waiting for a parcel for days. My dear friend sent it for Hubs  birthday but no one knows when it’s due. You watch, it will come this afternoon when I’m out.

 

And tonight, we are off to the pub quiz. I was curious how many points our friends got last week without us, but they didn’t go. Hahaha. I’m sure it wasn’t because of our absence.

 

OK my dog needs attention so I shall go for now. Have a lovely day.

X

 

  

No comments: