translate

Tuesday 5 September 2017

DIARY OF WHAT'S FOR DINNER BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets.

The avenue that is adjacent to us had a dreadful accident a day or two ago. A car crashed into it and seriously hurt the man sitting in his sitting room the driver was arrested. The thing is, the car is still imbedded into the house. There are four police cars parked outside of the property. The car caught fire. It’s so bad. But the thing is, I think we have car crash tourism. As all day I have been here either playing with my dog and her many toys, dusting or tidying the room and the amount of cars that has passed our house and turned around? So, I wonder if they have come to have a look at the scene and realised they are in the wrong place?

 

My Pixie gardener has just been and has told me that she has killed five snails and bopped one on the head as it dared to crawl up my post box. She said it had horns on it. I never knew they had horns? I have never seen one in my life thank goodness. I don’t like anything like that she said the five she killed were in my plant pot at my door. Urr’rr’rr’ghgh’ghghghghg’ghghghgh

Though I don’t like such creatures, I also don’t condone the brutal murder by the big gardening boot.

 

The funny thing is, she then puts them under a shrub I have near my window. Nice. We joke and I say I have a snail graveyard!

 

Last night for dinner I made some sliced potatoes, boiled them and I also boiled some broccoli. I layered the potatoes and broccoli that was cut into thinnish slices into a very large oven dish. Then I put some milk into a pan and placed some spinach into the pan with some cream, salt, pepper, a tin of cherry tomatoes and a tin of sweetcorn, then put a dessert spoon of plain flour and some fresh basil and constantly stirred it until all of the ingredients became like a thick cream. Then poured it over the top of the potatoes and broccoli then I fried some pealed courgettes and herbs then placed it on the top of the food then put it in the oven for half an hour covered in foil then took it from the oven grated some cheese on top and put it in the oven for five more minutes and hoped. Gosh it was really delicious I surprised myself.  To some people this is like beans on toast, to me, it’s cordon blue Tonight’s dinner? Something out of the freezer. I can not wake up today.

 

 First thing this morning, I went out with my Waggatail. She is such a good girl turning into a great guide dog. I love her so much I am blessed to have such a beautiful darling little dog. I mean if we were to compare guide dogs, Hub has a Ferrari in his dog, whereas I have more like a Skoda, but hey, it gets me places, and unlike my last dog, at least these are places I want to go to. Bless my Black Beauty, she was such a funny dog, she loved being out though didn’t care much for going where I told her to. She was an independent gal who knew what she wanted and in most cases, she got what she wanted, a very long walk as she used to be too adventurous.

 

The only thing is, whereas BB, used to be great at stopping at steps, and avoiding people, I have to know where the steps are for Waggs as she will just walk straight down or up them without any signs for me as for people? People shpeople. To my Waggatail people are simply obstacles that are there to be knocked down. Haha.

 

OK kids are home now so will stop my writing and start to be not so adventurous in the kitchen. Later gators.

 

 

No comments: