translate

Wednesday 29 June 2016

YOU WILL HAVE NEVER COOKED THIS BEFORE


Good afternoon Bloggets.

Well a very quick blog from me. Let’s see if I can? Normally when I say that I go on forever. You know me once I start to talk, I can’t stop. Well, little time, but must tell you about the hu’u’u’uge

 Mistake I made today.

 

I went for a meeting turned off my phone and on my return, I had so many missed calls and messages. Well, I didn’t have time to answer them all so went right onto my lap top to write things down before I forgot the information I had been earlier given. I had another interview to do, a case study to write and a press release. In the middle of all of this, I got a phone call from someone urgently wanting to know if Hub was going to work tomorrow? em, yes, I am sure he is, he has not booked a holiday, but some weeks he works one day at home, but never on a Thursday, so I presumed he was. Then I received a text asking me to check and make sure. Well, trying to call Hub was impossible, he just didn’t pick up but he was in Peterborough and I knew he had a meeting at a fire station, don’t ask. I didn’t… So was he at work tomorrow or not? This person kept ringing it was embarrassing. Then Teen text. One word. “Chicken.”

 

So was he saying I was a coward? No, he wanted me to put chicken in the oven. He can’t text from work hence the short and some would say rather demanding and abrupt text. Haha.

 

I rushed into the kitchen, took a dish out put frozen chicken in the oven, yes, you read correctly. I have never ever put frozen chicken in the oven, but on this bag, teen reassures me that is says forty minutes from frozen and he has been eating this stuff for weeks so all OK.

 

Well, I washed my hands and rushed back to my lap top to answer another important email and after about ten minutes I had that sinking feeling… You know what feeling I’m on about? That kind of feeling that every person without sight has been through in their lives and if they have not had such a delightful experience, believe me, it’s coming… So, the question in my head. “Oh

What exactly

Had

I put in

The oven

 

As my work was saved and I untangled myself from what seemed a mass of wires, with my phone on charge, my earphones and my lap top cable. I rushed to the kitchen. No, I would not be so stupid? Would I? Answer number three I think;

 I was, so stupid.

 

There was no smell at all coming from the oven. May be it’s too early?  No, as I opened the oven door, it was confirmed. Yes, I need a holiday.

 

Let me explain Bloggets. Now don’t laugh too loud especially if you are in an open office… In the bottom of my freezer, there are two bags. Now my Son buys these gross chicken bits… What bit of the chicken they are I’m keeping out of that one? But the amount he eats I’m not buying chicken breasts every single day. As this is for a snack or lunch, not his main meal.

 

So these bits are small. As is the things in the other bag. Right next to the chicken.

And yes, my fears were proven to be true. As I removed the lid from the pot, I dug around with the fork. Surprisingly they were still solid. How? How was this even possible? The oven was quite high. I was baking hahahehe. Oh no, I can’t believe I’m telling you this.

Hold onto your stomachs

Ice cubes.

OK, laugh away. Hahahaha. At first I cried inside, how stupid was I?

Teen had a tiny gap in his calendar of a lunch hour. So the meal had to be cooked and he had to get back out for his volunteering. I totally spoiled everything. How stupid. Just I was trying to do so many jobs at once.

 

Well, teen didn’t starve. And all well in the end, just less ice cubes in the freezer now. Smile.

 

I wrote two very dark poems today they are on my blog page if  you are reading this blog from a group I’m in on line, you can go directly to my blog page as I have not published the poems on my groups as they are as dark as dark can be. 

 

It has rained all day and it is so cold too. Going to go now and start the housework for the day it’s so late in the day, but I have been at my lap top and phone all day. Hub is in late from work as he is miles away in Peterborough, and Teen in at the same time but then out I am sure with his friend. As for his other friend, it’s so dreadfully sad, his friend is only nineteen and his poor Mum is dying of cancer. My heart is breaking for the lad as he couldn’t be a nicer young man. Teen is due to go on holiday with this lad and many more, the holiday is in about ten days and his Mum has been in hospital for two weeks. From experience with cancer, I don’t think she will be in much longer. It sounds awful, but I hope she hangs on till the lad has his holiday, though teen isn’t sure he will go. What on earth is going through the lady’s head now? Or will she have so much medication she won’t be thinking normally? Either way, I just want a miracle to happen and she pulls through.

 

Later with love.

No comments: