translate

Wednesday 8 June 2016

HERE WE ARE AGAIN BY FIONA CUMMINGS


HERE YOU ARE AGAIN

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Here you are again

Fighting till the end

Strength runs through your veins

 Hope is sent from your friends

And clouds of love

From skies above

Hands together

You have to get stronger

We need you forever

Here you are again

How much more can you stand

Reach out and hold my hand

Know we are praying

 Hear the words I’m saying

Don’t give up

Drink from the wishing cup

Here you are again

You have been so many times before

But you have put on your shoes

And walked right through that door

 Singing the sickness blues

You know the lyrics too well

An angel caught you when you fell

And with wings she flew away

It’s not your time

Not your final day

Here you are again

Fighting is tiring, I can’t pretend

I wish for your pain to end

Because you mean the world to so many of us

Always battling on without a fuss

I know you will be OK

Because longevity is your middle name

These words I trust

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: