translate

Monday 27 June 2016

DIARY OF TONIGHT


 Good evening, well Monday is almost at an end. Thank goodness. It wasn’t a good start, but just had news that has made my heart skip a beat. Something is on the horizon but have to tread with such care, as if walking on a thread and have to be so careful not to break the thread which is made from fine gold, but it’s the only way to get across the river full of crocodiles. Not wanting to go in that muddy river just need to get to the other side, if I do, what will be there? Long lush grasses with leafy pathways and crystal lakes where the air is so fresh with flowers full of fragrance and a rainbow of colours beyond my imagination. All of my life I have tried to find that rainbow. I get teased and glimpses of it at times, but have never found it to the point where by I can sit on a log and just delight in the wonders of the seven colours. And whilst my mind was allowed to dream and paint a picture of a subject of poignant interest for a while, now I shall come away from my inner space called my head, and some would say there is a lot of space in there, smile, I shall tell you right now I’m trying to type whilst biting my fingernails, why am I doing that? Typing? Haha, no, biting my nails, because England are playing football on the TV against Iceland, oh I wanted the score to be 2 1, to us of course, but no, Iceland had a different idea so far, it’s two, to Iceland and one to us.  

 

I can’t stand football, but if England are playing, suddenly the imaginary flag comes out and the desire to scream at the TV screen comes out in the Fifi household.

 

Hub is unwell sadly has been for a couple of days. And both him and I know what brought this episode on, hopefully it will be all resolved soon and he will go back to having his normal pains, not the cruel ones he is suffering with now.

 

Dinner was a disaster tonight, Teen loved it so much, but Hub didn’t and I was on the fence, when I should have been at the table, haha, joking, it’s a saying in the UK If you are on the fence about something, you are not sure which way to jump off. So I kind of wasn’t sure if I liked it or not.

 

Well, thankfully my own eye pain has dissolved gone back to being just the normal but when I see poor Hub like he is, I know my little pain is just that, little.

 

Hub is so much in pain he can’t move the right side of his face. I hate seeing him like this. It makes me want to cry for him. He has it all of the time but stress brings it on and he had an episode over the weekend which hopefully is over with now. He had to interview someone for a job today as ever he was professional but he said he was in agony right through it.

 

Teen is getting ready to go out and our grocery shopping will be coming soon, then hopefully inspiration for tomorrows evening meal. Tonight, I made a cheese sauce, pasta and a tomato sauce with parmesan with black pepper. I did the family fish with it and I had some kind of Quorn which is to represent gammon steak, smile. Sounds revolting, really I found it OK, but both Hub and I are not fans of pasta. Just today as I said in an earlier blog has been one of trials and tribulations so I was not in the mood to deliver Le Cordon Bleu gastronomy. Haha, I hear you ask, when are you ever? OK, you know me too well.

 

 As I write, we are heading for part two of the football after half time. What on earth will the result be?

 

I’m pleased that I was able earlier to do an interview over the phone write a case study and sent the necessary mails off, to complete some of the things I had on my to do list, as for ironing, em, nope. I guess there is always tomorrow, just sometimes I go back to the bad old days when everything had to be done and if it wasn’t it would reflect badly on myself

 

Words before I go thanks to some great people.

“The time to relax, is when you don’t have time for it.”

 Sydney J Harris

“The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another.”

William James

My fave, “A crust eaten in peace is better than a banquet partaken in anxiety.”

Aesop

Most of the stress in my life is not because of what there is to do but what I have not done. Smile.

 

Tomorrow with love

 

No comments: