translate

Friday 10 June 2016

DIARY OF DAY BEFORE THE WEDDING BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets. A quick blog. For those of you who wondered how I got on yesterday as we stepped out into the sound of doom, I had to totally rely on Waggatail and she did me proud. Thankfully the trucks were on the other side of the road. By the time I got to where I needed to be, I was burning up not only with the heat, but pure exertion!

 

 Hub is off work today, though he has spent the first two hours writing emails for work but I can’t complain as I have also been working. So what do we do on our day off work? Apart from work smile, oh, and house work? Well, Hub is typing lyrics for the wedding where he will sing… Tomorrow. Yes, Bloggets, tomorrow is the wedding, and today Hub is writing lyrics… No talk of practice. I have heard no singing yet, last night he did sit at the piano and play as it was lovely to listen to, it was a barmy night so we had the window open and flowing in was the beautiful fragrance of the sweetest roses from our front garden. We adopted them as when we came here the rose bush was the one thing that we kept from the previous owner and it is the sweetest smell ever. Hub looked last night after one of our neighbours told me whilst passing by the other day, that there were so many buds on the shrub. He confirmed that she was right. I do love it. Today it’s the first day where we have not been melting. In fact, it’s fresh. It has rained all night and is forecast all weekend too. We can’t complain as six days in a row we have had it hot…

 

Well tomorrow is the big day. Off to Newcastle to our friend’s daughter’s wedding. As I have said, hub playing piano and singing teen may take a picture for the brides Father as the father is the photographer smile… He has to feature in one photo, right? Let’s hope the dogs behave? Our darling Suki, AKA Long Chops, used to just lay there so still next to Hub whilst he played piano for the church, but first time for Little Fella, I know my Waggatail wouldn’t lay still without crying or yawning. Haha. If I give talks, she is great but after about fifteen minutes, she has to become vocal and do the most ridiculous loud yawns. She never does at home, but I guess it’s an ice breaker, as people think this is funny… Of course when she is laughed at, it becomes a party trick and she shows off…

 

A lot of driving for teen tomorrow, thank goodness our car is safe now, just hope the driver will be? Oh, only bad thing will be teen insists on his music. I’m so dreading that.  Four hours of appalling language without any tune.

 

My sweet friend Wendy has been passing on such lovely compliments about how I will look, but really I so don’t feel very confident about tomorrow. In fact, of late I have felt a total mess in the way I look. It’s bad enough getting ready to go out not being able to see in the mirror, but the weight that I have put on is truly ugly. My loving Hub tells me all the right things, but I have to tell myself that he is blind…. Smile. Wendy isn’t though, but she is just kind to me.

 

Heard from my dear friend Julie yesterday, looks like she is coming for a visit soon. Can’t wait. I hope it will be when Teen is away. Oh my word I’m dreading that. He will go to the party island of Greece for ten days. He is going on a party boat where they fill them with alcohol and a neighbour was telling me that the boats have about two hundred people on it and on line you can watch the video of the young people jumping into the sea…. No. Why did she tell me this?

 

I need my friend here whilst he is away also soon we are hoping to visit our besties Trix, Like and Hanz. That is always a pleasure. Love them to bits.

 

OK, going to try to get Hub to practice for tomorrow. Will let you know how we got on and will try to get Teen to put some pics on here. X

No comments: