translate

Thursday 23 June 2016

UK EU VISION


It’s a big day in the United Kingdom. History will be made. The EU referendum takes place today in the UK. We will learn tomorrow if we will remain a part of the EU. I must say, I am very anxious. It will split the country for sure, no matter what we vote, people feel so strongly about this. I feel it is the biggest decision we will make in Britain. Shamefully my Son isn’t voting. A ridiculous decision on his behalf. He says his vote won’t count. If everyone said that, we would go back to having no choice when it comes to voting.

 

Our closest polling station is about a four minute walk away, but guess what? We have to take a drive, it’s an eight minute drive and impossible to get there from here to there by foot. Across the road from us, about eleven steps from our drive, they can vote in our local place four minutes walk, or one minute by car, but there is a line where by our constituency is different to our neighbours. Crazy.

 

Well, the birds are singing and a dull sun is out. Boy wonder is up ready to go for the day so this means awful music is also playing. I’m wearing something I would not go out in, just don’t feel right, they are new three quarter trousers but my Son told me I look as if I should be on the reality show Jeremy Kyle. Haha, Thanks Son. I hate that program, if you have been fortunate to miss it, it features families who are normally rather loud angry and know a lot of bad language. And I didn’t know this, but obviously enjoy the same kind of clothes that I am wearing today… Smile, I must say, I do feel enormous in them. A little like a giant elephant performing circus tricks upright on her back legs.

 

I’m happy with the volunteering work I have been given of late, had some great results. Got lots of stories in the press this week and next. Attaching pictures is something I’m not keen on. As not always sure what the picture is of. So have to double check that. My screen reader won’t tell me what pictures are of. Only words, so no images at all. Gosh, what it would be like to see again? I’m sitting here, I know it’s sunny because I was out with my dog and felt the sun, it wasn’t burning and that is how I knew there were clouds. The air is different. I can’t see out from my window, I have it open so I can hear the birds. I’m at the front of the house, the traffic is in the distance, if I were at the back, I wouldn’t be able to hear properly. I’m touch typing, each letter I write has a man’s voice telling me what letters I’m writing. And he keeps to the same tone but when I write a capital letter, his voice goes higher as though someone has stood on his toe. Haha.

 

I can feel the walls at each side of me in my room. Just by hearing the echoes of the room bouncing off the walls projecting an audio silence… Sounds ridiculous I know and when I first went blind, I would mock at such descriptions.

 

I know I have plants in my room, but it’s been a few days since I looked at them as in feel them, so are they alive? Sometimes when I have flowers, I go to put water in them and they are dead. I get all embarrassed as how long have they been like that in my window? As I water them twice in a week. So it could be one day, or three. If the latter, that’s not a good look…

 

If I could see now, see my screen, not need to hear this voice. See pictures be able to attach them and post on my blogs like sighted people do. I would be able to look out of the window and wave to passing neighbours, smile and receive the gift of a smile back, I say gift as that is what it is. Those who can’t see, if they don’t go out every day, somewhere, even just for a loaf of bread, they miss so much that sighted people would never think about but if suddenly they were to lose their sight, they would start to think what they had and miss it.

 

As for my Son, if I could see, I would look at myself in the mirror, and run to get changed wrap my trousers up and post them off to our zoo for those rescued elephants Not that I’m advocating animals in clothes, smile.

 

One of my favourite Bloggets asked me yesterday about posting the video of my Hub and myself singing and playing at our friend’s wedding. I will try to pin my Son down at some point hopefully soon and ask if he can do this…. Another update, for those who kindly donated to my Husbands Just Giving fund to name a guide dog puppy after our beautiful Long Chops who died last year, we are still waiting for the paper work. Not sure how long it takes, but I will let you amazing people know as soon as I find out.

 

Before I go some words from me to you.

 “Kind thoughts are as important as kind words, as kindness is a plant where by the seeds are, our thoughts of kindness. And beautiful blooms are made with words of kindness.”

With that in mind, a bouquet costs money, showing kindness doesn’t and lasts longer than flowers!”

Fiona Cummings

No comments: