translate

Tuesday 21 June 2016

WORDS BEFORE BED THE DARK WOODS


Good evening Bloggets. Well in our household last night we had football, tonight, blooming cricket. Also, our TV is broken. It’s crazy. Makes no sense to me but Teen Said that the cable was not responding. He replied we would be OK but he can’t see the picture. So only sound is coming out of it. We have a saying in the UK, if it doesn’t rain, it pours…

 

What is your favourite saying? I have so many. “There is no place like home.”” Meaning there is nowhere quite as comfortable as home.

 “Two wrongs don’t make a right.”” This means revenge will make things worse after someone has done something bad to you.

“When in Rome do as the Romans do.”” This means when in a different country, do as the locals do.

“People who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones.”” Meaning don’t criticize if you are not perfect yourself.

“There is no such thing is a free lunch.”” Meaning nothing is for nothing.

 

Mind you, we are off for a free tea on Friday. To a hotel. It will be interesting. I have not got plans for Saturday for our Anniversary, that is bad of me, but at least I have ordered a gift. Thank goodness for Amazon. It is due tomorrow, but I’m out for the first few hours. Heck, I hope I will receive it in the afternoon, then I will be back. Gosh, Wagga and I are out at half eight. In the morning. It’s going to be a challenge of a morning. Can’t wait till it’s over.

 

Well, a couple of days before the UK decide whether or not we are to leave the EU or stay in. Let the decision be up to the people of Great Britain.  

 

My vote? Hmm. I have one for sure. I am passionate about it too.

 

It’s after ten in the evening and Teen is still in. Gosh, first time I have known it. Mind you, there is still time. I have just served Hub a drink. What was it? Haha, not sure, something with a alcoholic touch and something fizzy. I bought the fizzy thing last night, it came in our home grocery shopping, only thing is, I can’t remember what I ordered. As for the alcoholic thing? Margaretta, there was a tiny bit left in the bottle, our friends brought it for us weeks ago, I must say mixed with something it was rather delicious. But you know me, it has to be well mixed.

 

I have just gone onto my work email and found out a story I sent off is going in three publications tomorrow, I’m so pleased with this.

 

Oh, oh, hang on, is it a bird? Is it a plain? No, it’s a teen. Yep, he is heading out… my word. I know where he will be going, it’s a five minute walk away. But he is going by car. Smile.

 

Well, soon I will be closing the house up for the night. Not going to bed just yet, and when I do, I will not be sleeping until I know Teen is in safe. This morning, it was about half one. Gosh, I so hope it isn’t that late, or early this time, as have to be up early as of course does Hub. Hub has a very interesting day tomorrow. He is travelling to Leeds to have a managers meeting and course.

 

My dog LF is asking for so much attention tonight, he makes it almost impossible to refuse him as he sits there with his paw in my hand, as I’m typing. Then the other paw goes up as he begs. As I’m, yes you have guessed it. Typing…

 

Just watching the news now, an English man has been arrested in the States for trying to shoot Donald Trump.

 

Well, I would not wish for that, not saying Trump is a good person.

 But I hate guns. And of course murder, unless the person who is getting murdered is a totally evil person, now some would say Trump is, but to be honest, though I don’t agree with 70% of what he says, I don’t see him as pure evil. I do feel for my cousins in the US. What on earth are you guys going to do? What a choice you have?

 

Right, just before bed, some words until next time we talk.

 The woods are beautiful, sometimes dark and very long, everything may look the same, smell the same and sound the same but keep walking and eventually, you will get to the end. Don’t get lost in the woods. As pretty as they can be, it’s also a scary place to be in the dark. Listen for the birds, as the birds during the daytime won’t be in the middle of the woods. But at the edge, where there is water food and lots of other birds to meet. Hear the birds walk to them and find the end of your woods. You can look back one day to return, when you are feeling comfortable enough, strong and able. But whilst you are feeling fragile, keep out of the woods, but if you find yourself there, keep walking.

 

If already it’s dark and you are still in the woods, close your eyes, hear the birds, they are there, calling for you. Listen. Hush now, follow your mind, your dream. Follow that sound. Listen for the water and sounds that are other than deep woods. It’s dark, you could fall down a hole. Walk with care, listen hard and think, think about every step you are taking but know you have the power and ability to get out of there. Just close your eyes and write the play in your mind, when you sleep, you can dream and when you wake, you will be safe.

Goodnight. X

No comments: