translate

Wednesday 15 June 2016

WEDNESDAYS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good morning Bloggets. An early start today. I got up ready and was faced with two four legged friends. My dog Waggatail and Hubs guide dog the Little Fella, AKA LF. Hub is working very late today, left the house at half seven this morning and won’t return until about quarter past eight tonight. He has to stay back at the office for a meeting after work so he thought it was unfair to take LF for such a long day and has no trains to catch today, just a taxi each way, so LF could have a day off work. Right now he is sleeping. He has been out in the garden and I groomed him he has had his five minutes with the wagging one. Poor Waggs. She comes in so wet he picks her up by her back, not only her neck, but lifts her by her back, what is it about my poor Wagga? Our last guide dog Suki, AKA Long Chops, used to pick Waggs up by the scruff of the neck and rag her, but not her whole back!!! Mind you Wagga loves it. She goes back for more.

 

Teen took Waggatail for a long walk last night about six in the evening and she loved it. What with that yesterday after a marathon free run on Sunday with June and work on Monday, play time today when LF wakes up, smile, tomorrow she will be shattered all day I bet, but she has some work in the morning for me too, so I hope not too sleepy. I swear the two of them talk all night to each other, because she never seems too awake in the mornings. If so, I wonder what they talk about?

 

So why up so early? I had a radio interview to do for our local charity Guide Dogs. It was live. I was told it would be at nine then ten past then it ended up quarter past, but never mind, I had to endure a song from Howard Jones whilst I waited. The DJ was great, and all went well. I got in everything I needed to including phone numbers, but another moment whereby I wished that I read Braille, sitting with one ear on the phone and the other with one of the the ears from my headphones listening to my software JAWS giving me the phone number but only if I kept the arrow key in the correct place.

 

Later on I have some interviews to do and then reports to write for the press and then I must iron. Really, it’s getting ridiculous. Gosh I remember the days when I got all of my washing drying and ironing done in one day. Now my ironing board is out all of the time. It’s so messy, I don’t like it.

 

Teen working then he is volunteering for the gym. Bless him. A long day for him too, but he is young, mind you, my teen has less energy than my Husband of 47.

 

Dinner tonight already planned. Salmon roast potatoes and a huge salad. No salmon for me though. Right now, I’m waiting for my shopping to be delivered. Then the game of discovery. Guessing what box is what and what packet belongs where. The clue is in if the box is solid it’s the freezer, if the pack is cool it’s the fridge and if warm or what I would call dry, the cupboards. Smile. That is all well and good, but when it comes to going in the fridge, cupboard or freezer, and I need to choose for dinner what to eat? Well, a nightmare. Most times I get it right, I can say I make about three mistakes per year which is nothing really. It’s things like I have taken mince out of the freezer to defrost and found out it’s chicken breasts. As a filter of ice goes over the top.

 

Something to think about today. Troubles are like washing machines. They tangle us up, spin us around, squeeze us tight but in the end, we come out cleaner, brighter and better than before. I truly believe this. Better in most ways anyway, we are more compassionate, we are more ready to listen to others, not so selfish with our time or thoughts and because we have been down the devils dam, in his den and managed to climb back out, we know not to go there again.

 

Sometimes we may get pushed into a painful place we don’t want to be, we can stand strong and learn the word no! Other times we may simply find ourselves there as we wake up. Transported through the night. Slyly the demons can pick us up in our sleep, it is up to us to be strong and fight for ourselves, if your religion denomination is such, we can pray to our God, angels perhaps to guide us, if we are not that way inclined, then look deep within one’s soul to find that strength that we need.

 

My personal belief is that our lives are mapped out for us, but we don’t need to go down certain streets. At the end of the day, we are more powerful than we could ever believe. Just give yourselves a chance and prove that you can achieve goals far beyond anything that you have ever thought before.

 

I received an email from one of my Bloggets who is going through troubles at the moment, a lot of arguments, well I told him there are three sides of an argument, your side, their side and the right side. Give and take and walk away. Walking away from an argument isn’t a weak thing or a bad thing. It shows how strong you are as a person. You may feel so bad that you have to get your side across, it’s up to you to judge the situation until you calm down what is the point of yelling at one another? Walk away from the anger, give time for both parties to calm down and return to have a conversation where both of you are calmer and will agree before talking that you will give each other time to put both points across, then hopefully you can meet in the middle, remember that you truly believe that your point is the only point which is valid, but they believe equally as strongly that their point is stronger than yours. So, half and half.

 

When you want someone to know how you feel, remember they are not mind readers, they only know what is on your mind by expressing how you feel, but be prepared to listen how they feel too. Sometimes it’s best to wear other people’s shoes.

 

You expect the world to be fair with you, because you are fair with them. Sadly, this is like saying because you don’t eat the lion, don’t expect the lion not to eat you! Life isn’t fair, but we can all take a part in life and try to make it better for each other. Try is a very strong word, to have only three letters, it can change lives.

 

Remember that saying which to be honest really at times annoys me, there is always someone worse off than you in the world. Why do I dislike this saying? What does it resolve when one is fighting with fury? Well it benefits us just before we get to the stage where by we feel down and angry with life. We can all wish for huge houses in perfect locations, wonderful exciting jobs, massive cars and wonderful holidays, but look at the wealthy? They seem to have it all, but are they happy? I doubt it, as they wouldn’t turn to drugs or drink would they?

 

Well, the sun is out, though seeming to have a filter of cloud today again, we have had a lot of that I really believe it’s the pollution. I know I go on about this, but I live on the busiest road I have ever lived on in my life with the noise and fumes, it’s not good, but come a few months, thankfully, I will have a few days where the air will be clean and all will be good, I hope.

 

I’m sorry about my blog last night, I was trying to type, listen to the words I was writing, in the meanwhile, a bath was getting prepared, the TV was blasting, our two dogs were playing and remember they have bells on their collars then half way, my Husband came from the bath and started to shout at the TV as football was on… He also kept asking me questions and commenting on the game. So more mistakes than the norm and I know that the norm is far from perfect, but days of English exams are over, smile… Anyway, wherever you are in the world, Spain and Greece have joined us today as well as Australia, the UK, US, Canada, Germany France and South Africa, I was just looking at the stats. Welcome to you all and for all those of you who will come along later, have the kindest day. X

No comments: