translate

Friday 17 June 2016

SURVIVOR BY FIONA CUMMINGS


SURVIVOR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Once again thrown back

 Open eyes only seeing black

A life of rejection

Without affection

Cold without other seasons

Put down without reasons

 Open wounds bleeding

Starved no time for feeding

Chained to the wall

No one hears my call

Inside I feel fear

Face stained by tears

Where did I go wrong?

Why don’t I belong?

I don’t want to just give up

I drink from the cup

Poison filled to the brim

Weakens each limb

Though I stay alive

I wonder why?

Each day I try

But don’t get far

Grit on the ground

Which reeks of tar

 fuelled filled cans

Waiting to explode

Laying waiting on the road

I hear the traffic coming

Sounds rumbling

But I survive another day

As they go another way

This tells me I have to survive

I will stay alive

And one day

My troubles will fade

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: