translate

Wednesday 22 June 2016

GARDENERS DIARY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good afternoon Bloggets. Here I am in my back garden. The sounds of the dreadful traffic blasting behind me constantly rumbling but as I have my earphones on, I can hear my robotic voice on my lap top, well, not like Steven Hawkins’s voice, but it’s not a natural one. Though my voice has a name. He is called Daniel. This is the voice that came with him, my software. The other one is Emily, it’s amusing, who named them and why? The software is called Jaws. It’s extortionately expensive. Double what the lap top costs. Emily sounds like Michael Jackson, only gone very wrong.

 

In the distance, I hear the monkeys in the zoo. They are on forever playtime. No grass cutters today. Unusual for around here. As for fragrances? Well, I have cleaned the dog run for the day, so there is the disinfectant I use of that, it’s lavender, but at the end of the day, it’s still a dog run, know what I mean?  I have lavender shrubs all around my garden, in the borders and in pots. I love so much I love the smell of lavender. I have some sweet roses behind me climbing up an arch made from metal and under the arch there are lots of flowers growing including sun flowers I hope, I know I bought them and they were planted. Are they growing? Just writing this, reminded me I should look. Behind me in front of the arch, there is a swing for Hub, it’s a basket in a frame, there is a cushion for it, but we never put it on as we don’t get many days when it will be suitable for the cushion to go on. To the left of that, there is a glass round table with a beautiful selection of some kind of flowers, oh they are in a bowl and they look ever so pretty. Also behind me is a tall statue it’s a white lady with a dish of fruit. There is a fire burner thing, where you burn logs and some more plant pots. I hear you say, your garden must be huge behind you? Haha. No, tiny, just all cosy. In front of me there is a open patio, again small, about twenty steps forward. Either side is borders of flowers and shrubs and attached to the fence, I have an owl. Decorative of course, and a butterfly as well as a cross that I was given at Easter and on the ground are little birds and some more ornamental stone statues like a squirrel with a dress and hat, pushing a wheelbarrow. Smile, and what is wrong with that? Have you never seen a squirrel with clothes on and garden equipment? I have a stunning angel too and a cherub. We have two tall blue vases one has a palm from it and the other has lily’s. There is a wall in my garden with a china blue and white basket on it. And there are a few wind chimes and blue fairy lights. So, that is my garden, and then there are the utility things like bins, but let’s skip that lot, yes? Smile.

 

Oh my word, guess what I am feeling? Raindrops. Oh yes, I’m in England. Why can’t it be a lovely day? Not going in yet, Hey, I’m British, what is a little rain?

 

Anyway going back to what I can smell, apart from the flowers and shrubs, cut grass and what I have used in the dog run, the best smell of all. The local chocolate factory. Oh my giddy Aunt, it’s delicious. How can it be so? I just want to work there, I would not talk all day, just inhale the stunning fragrance. It makes me want to write another chocolate poem, I haven’t written one for ages.

 

So I can’t see anything in fact my right eye today is killing in a new way. It’s stinging. Normally as you will know from older blogs, my eyes feel like they have been kicked and are getting pulled out by forks, well today just stinging. Like salt is being rubbed in to sores.

 

My poor friend has his Mums funeral today. I sent him a message to wish him the best and tell him I’m thinking of him. He asked us to go, but with Hub off to Leeds today, I don’t want to do it on my own. I have had enough independence today for a week. But I do feel for him, bless him. Mind you, I wish I had my parents till I was his age?  Though I’m sure it doesn’t make any difference, pain is pain.

 

Oh, did I tell you I have apples on my tree? The guy who came to do our garden some weeks ago planted it, from the back to the front and he wasn’t sure if it would survive, well it has and tiny apples are on it. I tell you, it’s a miracle tree.

 


 

One of the greatest diseases, is to be nobody to anybody

 


 

OK, on that note, I must dash. I have put off the house work for long enough. But thanks to Soren Kierkegaard Mother Teresa and Dalai Lama

 For wise words today.

No comments: