translate

Wednesday 29 June 2016

HOPELESS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


HOPELESS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I’m simply a hopeless case

A number without a face

I look in the mirror

And see a disgrace

But what do I do about it?

Everything I start I quit

Pains in my stomach with grief

My life I’m in disbelief

How could that be

And why me?

How to move on in life

Without facing challenges and strife

Which way to go

I just don’t know

Others aren’t telling me

Or giving me the key

Where is that door

And once more

If I find it where next?

I feel so angry, so vex

Pains in my chest

Tears rusted

I’m busted

Revealing all elements for all to see

I just want to be free

From the black cloak

See through the smoke

I don’t want to choke

As I pull off the fingers which forbid me from breathing

And I sigh a relief as the bony limbs are leaving

Another stronger hand replaces

Shadows chases

Into nettles

Where are the petals?

It’s icy cold

I’m afraid

No hand to hold

Pushed into the grave

To my pain I’m a slave

I just want to cut the chains

To my soul I lose

And the devil gains

 

© Fiona Cummings

No comments: