translate

Thursday 2 June 2016

DIARY OF THE OFFICE

 
Good morning Bloggets It’s just turned 9.a.m and I’m sitting at a desk in the big office. I always feel bad as the lovely lady who always sits here, as it’s her desk, moves all her things and relocates so I can sit here. Bless her.

 

I have some free time before my first meeting so I don’t feel too guilty and I have checked my office emails and there was only one to answer so nothing waiting today. I don’t have any work it’s very quiet, but I have managed to get a story in the press in fact it goes in today, so apart from one phone call, nothing yet, but after my meeting in an hour, I’m sure, hopeful that will change. Then this afternoon at two, we have an award presentation upstairs.

 

My day started at twenty past six… No’o’o’o

 

Hub said imagine doing every day? I really couldn’t…. I told him as he started to sing in an annoying manner, he is an early bird. I’m so not. I’m allergic to early mornings. Especially when it’s so cold. I’m talking December weather Bloggets. The winter is starting in Australia, well, that is nice, smile, as our winter started last year in late September and got so comfortable, that it never left. We have had no spring, and now we are into so called summer? Summer Shpummer. Really, it will be Autumn soon and then winter again.

 

Normally here at the office I’m melting right now, even when we came in at Christmas, but today it’s just right. Getting here took an hour. Wagga is by my side and she so far is being a very good girl. It’s funny, she has been so quiet of late. I mean she isn’t a noisy dog, but normally she is active in walking around, but this week has been sleeping a lot. Hope she is OK? Well she is going for a routine check up on Saturday at the vets.

 

This side of the office is very quiet today. Only me, the boss and another sweet lady who bless her has just brought me a cup of tea. I wish I could be a little more helpful and do things like make tea for people, but it’s so blooming difficult. There is so much stuff laying around and I would cause more damage trying to find the kitchen, if I worked here I would make sure that I learned where things are but I’m only here once a month. I hope for the team’s sake, they will be moving premises and when they do, I really would like to be more hands on. Right now, from a person who is blind, I’m sitting here, there is different shades coming from parts of my eyes, and other parts I see as if you are looking from your elbow. So nothing, just parts patches of nothingness and parts of shades, no colours today, sometimes I see a very very dirty brown or burgundy. Sometimes grey and other days white, bright white even in the pitch black. It’s very disorienting.

 

There are heavy footsteps walking by and lots of talking in the other side of the office, but I have my earphones on so don’t hear and when I am here I go into a zone where I deliberately don’t listen. I’m so not a gossip and hate people thinking I would listen so sometimes like last time I was here, I heard my name three times, it was so embarrassing as I just thought they were talking about another Fiona, nope, it was me and I must have looked a tool.  Smile. Someone had to tap me on the shoulder.

 

The door bell keeps going and so far I think there are seven members of staff here.

 

When I first started to come here I was so ill with stress. I have never been in an office environment. I can’t tell you what was going through my head? But the girls and boys were just so lovely, it’s like a little family here.

 

Starting to feel awake. I had another odd dream last night, I don’t have anything else.  But last night, or during the night, I was dreaming in my dream. Have you ever done that? It’s really strainge.

 

OK, I shall go for now, but will be back later for a chat. Take care. Xx

No comments: