translate

Tuesday 14 June 2016

DIARY OF LIFE AND MEMORIES


Hello to the United Kingdom, India, the US, France, Mexico, South Africa, Indonesia, Kuwait, New Zealand and Portugal. Those are the top ten countries who have viewed my blog page today. For all those who are just under the top ten, you are so important, just my stats only read so many per day.

 

Since I started writing my blog page, we have had over one hundred and twenty one views, in fact I think we may have topped 122,000

 It’s incredible.

 

Hub in the bath after a day in the office. Teen in bed after a day at work and gym, my dogs are absolutely hilarious. Why? This is how clever they are… Little Waggatail brought me her Kong toy what you fill with treats. I took no notice as she laid it on my lap top as I was typing. I should have left in what she wrote, I’m sure it would have made sense somewhere around the world? Haha. Because Mummy wasn’t getting up as she clicked her fingers, or her equivalent, she brought a second toy. This one was a bone with holes in each end to again, put treats in. Again, I took no notice, but this time, rather than putting it on my lap top, she laid it ever so gently on the other toy that I had placed on the sofa next to me. Then after she sat and waited so patiently, she brought me a third toy, this one was one I bought them for Christmas, again a vessel to put biscuits in… Now, she laid that perfectly on top of the other two. There is a ring, a cuddly toy and a very odd tire like thing with a huge ball bearing that rattles laying there to name a few, but she brought me all the toys you fill with food, haha. This is right after her dinner. Typical Labrador.

 

Oh it’s eight and Hub just came from the bath, and guess what we are watching on the TV? Blooming football. I’m not friends with football. Not after the French English and shameful Russian saga. Honestly, firstly, how come everyone is talking about the thugs, OK, they are pure scum but what about the fact that all of those Russian thugs obviously lacking in intelligence were able to put scarfs across their faces without anyone from authorities seeing and acting upon? Never mind talking about how they got a rocket flame thrower into the stadium? Shocking. And     the Russian sports minister coming out with absolute ***** about how Russians will fight, I mean, how flipping irresponsible? As for Putin, I didn’t expect he would have anything helpful to say, but for goodness sake, come on, be a man, show some respect and tell the thugs they are in the wrong? By not saying anything makes you look as if you are advocating such behaviour. If it were up to me, I would work hard to find such people and remove their passports. Come on Russia, you had no difficulties doing this when I used to travel to Russia many years ago. We used to go for a drive in the country side to visit our favourite restaurant, and we would be stopped by soldiers and questioned for ages. Each visit the hotel would remove our passports and we would get them sometimes ten days later. Get them back to Russia remove their passports and deal with them. This is so sad for the genuine Russian people who are there to enjoy football. Sadly, you Russians are suffering because of some skumbags. But I still want to say why is no one asking about the security?

 

OK, enough my blood pressure is building up. I just remember the good old days of my visits to Russia. The days when the majority of people were good kind and would give you their last slice of bread, now we live in a world of so called New Russians who know nothing of the struggles the old Russians went through and as for the older people who sadly no longer have thoughts of those days, perhaps they choose to forget, and they now are living the life only they once could have dreamt of. But really, is this life better? No, I doubt it, OK you have your designer clothes now, you have your diamonds and luxury holidays you are no longer repressed stuck in a two roomed flat along with seven of your family members, as now you have houses big enough to have a ball, and not a football, but a dance in there. But where is the goodness, the good people? Your neighbour will as soon stab you in the back where as before, they would bring you their fruit and veg from their little country dacha’s where wooden houses stood with honest spirits surrounding them and the smoke from the logs would have been chopped down by possibly Babushka’s cutting at tall white berioska trees with loaned axe’s shared between neighbours when the word neighbours actually meant something.

 

When I visited Russia, it had such a feel about it. I always used to stick up for Russia, and disliked people who painted all Russian people with the same brush. But with the latest goings on Russia are not coming forward to condone the badness that is going on.

 

Today my left eye is killing. It’s being pulled out and someone is kicking it with pointy shoes. I feel like there is hot blood flowing fast behind it. And in my right eye, there are white flashing lights floating across it. As I sit here, I’m typing thanking my old brute of a school typing teacher that she put me through the hell that she did each Thursday afternoon. Without her teaching, I wouldn’t be able to write now, you can use dictation on some things, but to write a blog using dictation would be a challenge, especially with my Geordie accent. Smile…

 

Earlier today I was listening to the radio they were talking about the new forms we are to fill in called Employment support allowance and the PIP forms. Gosh I wrote about such forms, we have to prove we are blind how blind are we and explain why we can’t use pen and paper for example. For someone like my Husband who was born blind, I think this is a disgrace. Talk about rubbing salt in the wound? Humiliate people who are blind why don’t you? I had a form to fill in it was twenty pages and no way they would help me to fill it in over the phone.

 

My Husband is lucky, he is in employment, but to get a job when you are blind is so difficult. You have to get an interviewer who will see past your disability and look into your brain, but even then, it has to be a job you can do if you are sighted with your eyes closed. Can you the reader imagine that? Close your eyes and think what job could you do? There are loads my Husband has been a boss for many years, used to work internationally worked in our Parliament and at schools all over the world, but he went to university, he has top exam results and three degrees as well as a Masters in business, even so, he can’t just walk into any job because most employers are not willing to give people like my Husband a chance to prove. And if they did, the employers would see that we are the best people to employ if we meet your criteria, as I have said before, it takes a lot for us to find our way to where we need to work, the rout and so on, then finding our way around the office school wherever we work, once we have done this, it becomes like our house and we know the way around but we do not want to have to look for a different job because we would have all of that stress again. Also we always are trying to prove that we can do it. We are capable of doing this job as good if not better than sighted people, so why not just give us a chance? I’m not asking for you to give us all jobs, only if we tick every box. As an employer, come on, be honest, if you have two people you have short listed for the job, one is with sight, the other not. You will p pick the sighted person, you know you will, but why? Ask yourself why?

 

I have friends who can not find employment, and they are so clever so able to work. I know that I can do certain things but I doubt I will ever find anyone who will give me a chance. We face discrimination daily I just hope that one person is reading this blog who will think about this next time they may come across a blind person, or partially sighted. Don’t give us a job because we are blind, give us a job because we are the best person for the position!

 

Oh sitting here I could just eat a big bar of chocolate. What is it about night times when I want to eat? Answers on a post card? Dinner tonight for the family, I made a chicken pie with roast potatoes and peas. Boy wonder hasn’t had it yet, it’s now nine so I have been writing this for an hour and Teen still in bed. He is going to the gym again at half nine. Second time today. Half nine at night to the gym? I couldn’t be bothered but I think he is going for his friend as he has already been once today, but his friend was at work, and his friend needs teens support at the moment, so he has said he will go again, though right now, I think he will want to stay in bed. Only trouble is, he won’t sleep later. And he is up at seven for work again.

 

OK will go for now but before I do, something to think about.

Forgive quickly, believe slowly, love truly, laugh loudly and never avoid anything or anyone who makes you laugh. X

No comments: