translate

Sunday 12 June 2016

DIARY OF THE WEDDING

 
Good day Bloggets. Well, the day of the wedding was yesterday. We woke, took breakfast, woke boy wonder up and he was in good spirit which was a relief. I am sure he was looking forward to seeing our friends as he has known the parents of the bride since he was four and they are like grandparents to him.

 

Once I put on my clothes after a shower and make up, I must say I felt better about myself than I did on the days leading up to the big day. The outfit was a last minute change, but worked OK I hope. My Son gave me some beautiful complements and he always tells the truth more on that later, with a smile

 

Well, I had listed all what we need to take the night before on my phone… So a tick list. I didn’t need to check on what Hub looked like as he is a stud muffin. Hahaha. As for Teen, also a beauty so again no need to worry about those two. Our dogs had been groomed and Hub packed rucksack full of equipment for his entertainment.

 

I have a brief video of the day of him singing me too but I won’t inflict you with that one… I will try to get Teen to put Hubs on here on another blog.

 

Teen first took us to get a card for the wedding. He went in the shop on his own as I was sandwiched pinned in the car by a Little Fella of a Goldie lab retriever. Little Wagga was in the back of the car, in the boot and Hub in back seat. Don’t come knocking till the car stops rocking… What with that and the huge rucksack it was tight. Well just as Teen left the car, I had to phone him to remind him we also needed money out… Only trouble was, I forgot my phone. It was in the house as was the notes on it to remember things like change for the tunnel.

 

Back home, and all sorted. Running against time now, thankfully we had light traffic on the one hour and thirty five minutes it took to get there. We wanted to be there earlier than others because Hub wanted to see the piano. I think he was really worried in case it was a honky tonk piano.

 

Well, we arrived, Teen asked. “Mum. Are you sure we are at the right place?”

 Me, “Why?”

 Teen, because everyone is in white. Me, well, it’s a wedding, but, they are here early. Teen. No Mum, white as in cricket. Haha. Oh heck where were we?  

 

Well, we got out, Teen had to get changed. We walked with rucksack, teen in his t/shirt holding his clothes and two dogs. Mind you we did put them on harness so they looked the part… Not just our pets.

 

Teen told us to come up the stairs that were of stone outside as we did, a lady asked us if we could pose for a pic. Heck, where were we indeed, as our friend John I thought was the photographer, mind you, it was his daughter who was getting married. As Hub and I whispered to one another as teen vacated to get changed. Through gritted teeth we smiled for the camera and said. “Where are we? Who is she? What are we doing here?”

 I imagined all the guests who we could hear in the background saying who the heckers are they?

 

Well, as Hub and I stood there smiling with our two dogs either side posing, Teen came back and lead us in the building. Yes, we were at the right place. I could smell it. Sounds funny, but I used to go to that hall as a child with my Mum. I hated it as it was organised by the local society for blind people. I think I was the only child who went and for sure only one of two of us who could see. It was only once a year for Christmas dinner. Every year we had entertainment, now bare in mind, this was entertainment for blind and partially sighted as I said I was one of two who had some sight, the entertainment was blooming dancing? With an old man playing the accordion. Now you may know why I didn’t get over excited about it… No one had a clue in those days what the heck was going on. Haha. And the food was always disgusting. But it had a stench about it. Foisty. Well we found a member of staff and we learned it was for sure the right place, so Teen did so well getting us there, though our heads were buzzing with his dreadful music that he had blasting all the way.

 

We went upstairs where the piano was, Hub said it was a nice piano but very difficult to play as the keys were very tight so hard to push down on and four of the notes were not working. But to listen to him you wouldn’t know. I heard him do two bum notes, but no one else would know and his singing was fantastic.

 

The bride was so lovely, when she read out her words they came from her heart. She sounded so happy and in love. My friend the brides Mum had a beautiful outfit on. A navy blue dress, with turquoise patterns on and matching turquoise short jacket with matching designer turquoise hand bag. I know about the bag because our friend Yvonne told me about it. Yvonne was great she told me what colours were in the room that was set out for the meal. Purples creams and other tones of lilacs. Stunning flowers at each table and the wine was the best wine I have ever tasted. I had a tiny glass for the toasts and a slightly larger glass for the meal. But there was plenty of it on the table, just I’m not a drinker but this stuff was delicious. Almost floral.

 

I sat next to my loving friend the brides Mum and our friend the brides Dad, John, did end up bringing his camera as I hoped he would. He is a stunning photographer. He gave a great speech too, if I were my friend, his wife, I would be proud of him on that day. I can tell you he has a way when it comes to photography. He took our pics for our wedding, and he was simply amazing. He made our day, mind you it is his life, he has so many cameras thousands and thousands of pounds’ worth.

 

Poor Hub didn’t eat much at the dinner as too anxious about playing. Oh teen was so proud of his Dad and kept telling me how brilliant he was. Now here comes the funny bit. So at the meal, Hub told the table that he had a special guest to sing at the end… I laughed and said yes, it was to clear out the room to allow the staff to come in and get finished up for the day. Teen whispered to me… hahahaha. Oh I can hardly write this; it is so funny. Right, try again. Here we go, so, teen.

“Mum. Do you want my honest opinion about whether or not you should get up and sing?””

Well, what to say next? He continued.

“I don’t think you should. It’s a classy venue and people are expecting class. If you get up it will go very wrong.”

Hehehehehahahahahahaha. Well, I was so not going to get up until that point….

 

I sang, I was bad, but at least I got the guests clapping and singing along… and afterwards, teen took my hand and told me he was proud of me.  May be because I didn’t sing another one…

 

The best man gave his speech and asked any ex partners of the groom to hand in their keys now to his house where he used to live before the meeting of his wife. It was so funny as lady got up to walk to the groom to hand her key as she did and people laughed, another and another the laughter became louder as Teen told me a man had got up and Yvonne told Hub that the last person to get up as people were by this point in stitches, was a heavily pregnant lady…

 

The food was delicious. I had fruit salad for starters with water melon, berries and strawberries. Everyone else had pate and they had chicken for main meal I had a stilton cheese and mushroom pastry with lovely veg and for dessert, we had a tart with loads of nuts on and fresh cream with strawberries, then coffee.

 

The seats were beautiful all with lovely purple covers on them an not cheep ones either. Everything was so lovely and the bride, oh her dress was magnificent. It was a little like my wedding dress but a bit more ornate. She had a long satin skirt, which came out at the bottom. Her top was like a corset kind of body hugging without straps. All either beads pearl or sequence on it and she had a stunning matching shawl. It was cream. Teen said she looked lovely. The groom was charming and we had a fantastic day. I didn’t want it to end. I was with people we love and care deeply for and that made it a very special day.

  

No comments: