translate

Wednesday 19 August 2015

WORDS BEFORE BED BY FIONA CUMMINGS


WORDS BEFORE BED

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Before I place my head upon my pillow

I put my hands together

Go into a state so very mellow

And see a pure white feather

For the angels paid a visit

Disaster found my family

Because of the angels they missed it

What could have been tragedy

Turned into a lesson

I can thank those who showed protection

And I’m grateful for this blessing

A kiss upon their brow

Some angelic affection

Why and how?

Did they watch over my loved ones?

 I want to keep, all that’s pure

I’m so lucky I can sleep, that’s one thing for sure

At a different time

Life could have gone so wrong

To remove those who in my heart make me strong

Who whistle the tune to my song

And give me life where I don’t belong

Who make my heart dance with pride

Who push me forward when I want to hide

To leave me alone

Make me shiver to my bones

To live in a building that should be my home

But they were all saved

To carry on for another day

A wing reached out

Silenced not a sound

No voices did shout

Wings almost round

Blocked a devil on horseback

Wearing black

Fork in hand

But the angels blocked the plan

And for that I will be forever grateful

For something so very beautiful

Please watch over my loved ones

Keep them from trouble

Out of the dark rubble

And guide them to knowledge so safe

A happy place

Let them see the sun through your face

Feel your love in their heart

Allow them to be smart

Then we will never part

For I get life through their veins

And their success

Are all my gains

Build a fortress

Heel their pains

In the darkness

Hand them a torch

Wrap your wings around them

Please never forget them

Last night the devil paid them a visit

But you showed them something exquisite

 And that was your love

From heaven above

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

No comments: