translate

Friday 14 August 2015

DIARY OF AGE


Good evening Bloggets. Late today been working in the office all day. Got a lot done pleased by that as love to be productive when it comes to office work. House work? Em. Not quite the same appeal. Though have been playing dodge the rain drops as I went from my washing machine in the kitchen to the gym/utility room. Okay, garage. Really, the weather is like a late October. It’s dull. And so wet. It’s never stopped raining. Cool too.

 

So today, well, apart from writing poems, case studies and hopefully what will be press releases, I had my shopping delivered. Oh my Lordi Lord. The guy who brought my shopping? He needed a bib. That is what goes around a baby’s neck when they are eating or dribbling. I could have been sick. And he is dealing with my food!

 

He kept saying. “Oh, or, what do we have here?”  I thought mind your own cotton picking business?

Then he told me I was marvellous and I did more than most sighted people he knows. Well, really? How does he know this? I never ask them in the house. I take the food from him in bags at the front door. So, what do I do and how does he know this? Then he asked me

“I hope you don’t mind me asking you this?” I thought, here we go again, is it “You don’t look blind?

Really? How should I look?

 Are you properly blind?

No, just pretend blind

Well, he shocked me not asking any of those questions, but asking who the car belonged to.

Oh how badly I wanted to tell him it was mine and I would be going out in it soon, but he was too, em. How can I put this? If I had told him it was mine, I would have been there all day trying to tell him I was joking. So I just said it was my Sons. Oh, imagine if I had told him it belonged to my lover? Hehehhehahaha

 

But he kept slurping his saliva oh it was grim.

 

And all of that was when I got him to get out of his van. I thought he had someone with him. As he was having a right conversation whilst I was stood at the door waiting to receive my groceries. Chatter chatter chu chu.

No, no one with him. Just him. What is it this week with funny little men? What with the plastic duck man the other day and today slurpy Steve.

 

Oh that reminds me, I am going to look at my email and see what his name was, or still is…. Wouldn’t it be funny if it was Steve?

 

OK a very short blog as so much to do before our girls get here on Sunday and tomorrow we have a full day out. No sleep at all last night as boy wonder was out celebrating exam results with his friends. He left the house at quarter to eleven. In the evening. We were furious. Hub has told him not through the week when he has to get up for work at half six, but no notice was taken. No respect. So he came home at five this morning. Well I can’t sleep until he is home. So asthma was bad and an awful evening.

 

Tomorrow not sure if he is working but we are out. Can’t rely on him to take us to where we need to go sadly, so we have to get a taxi, £11 then a train and we haven’t booked assistance so this will be awful. As we hoped boy wonder would take us. We are off to visit Hubs Dad. By car fifty five minutes by taxi train and my brother in law has kindly offered to pick us up at the train station, it will take one hour and fifty minutes. Each way. Not to mention the stress of doing this.

 

But there we go. A list of jobs will be given to him, will he do them? Doubt it. But yesterday he was great, so once a week is what I expect now.

 

I’m off to make his dinner he has been at work most of the day. I have a feeling that this job is over its honeymoon period. Ten months though that is a long time and only one day sick and never late.

 

Roll on the next stage. How old are they before we stop worrying about them?

Who said fifty two?

 

Our girl got her A, level exams and did really well. She received an A star, two A’s a B and a C. It’s her eighteenth birthday soon too. So two kids eighteen. What an age, but at least both of them have received excellent exam results. Teen one A, and two B’s. Just the little one now next year she starts herA, levels. She will be fine, she is a clever cookie. I am proud to say with my step daughters and my Son, between three blind parents, we have achieved three bright children. They have done us proud. Even though this is a selfish age we are going through.

So with going on our travels tomorrow, Sunday our three kids getting together again for some time I will be busy and come back with I hope a happy blog, especially because Monday will be rather special. Later gators. X

No comments: