translate

Tuesday 11 August 2015

ITS A DOGS LIFE


 Good day I’m here. I think? Going to write this in stages same blog just will leave and come back to it. I’m procrastinating. Just checked my emails and waiting for one back with regards work not heard yet and it’s really annoying me. A phone call is in need I think and I know who will be on the other end and they are a real tough cookie!

 

 I’m still buzzing over the poem I wrote last night, to millions, haha, I wish, Okay, dozens of you, you will have read it and gone. “O’o’o.Kay!

But for me, I simply loved it, its been ages since I wrote a poem that I loved in such a way. So what made me get excited over that? Em. Not sure really apart from the words just flew out from my brain onto the laptop. I caught them and captured them on my blog page. As I said to one media group I’m in, I felt like an artist who had took a bed sheet and just threw paint all over the blank canvas. To me there was colour rhythm and a deep and meaningful story. I took a lot from it. I would love to know what you could take if anything from this poem?

 

NO LONGER A BLUR

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 

The day has eyes the night has ears.

Without the day

We live through fears

Will the night ever go away?

The sun does shine

From dull clouds fall tears

Will we ever learn?

Too long and burn

Allow raindrops to waste

Set free the kept

And they will give chase

Too far to the right

Away from the left

Our journey in the wrong direction

Spend until we have such a collection

A must

Just to house, dust

Believe in those we don’t really know

Such trust

We think there is calm

Then the wind comes

Such a gust

On the ground is snow

Look down below

Don’t slip

Or trip

Rely on yourself

Pick a book from the shelf

Flick the pages

Read about the courageous 

Then look at your face in the mirror

The lights are not showing red or amber

But green to go

So why so slow?

When your mind is telling you about the water flow

Float your boat

Hang up your coat

Kick off your shoes

Sing of cheer not the blues

Listen to your heart

Can you hear the rhythm?

Go to that old oak

Tie your yellow ribbon

You’re free now

Don’t ask why or how

Just run with the wind

Love deep within

Carry your soul

Over hot coal

Don’t feel the pain

Come back again

When you have been set free

Stories to tell people like me

About what you can hear and see

Wishes

Kisses

A Miss to a Mrs

A Laird to a sir

Dreams are reality

No longer a blur

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

So? Hmm. I do wonder what you think. Can you read my mind? If you can, you are more intuitive than I am as I don’t know where that came from. Most of my poems I love are from a soul I’m not sure of its name but it normally isn’t the Fifi Blogget you now know. Or is it?

 

Today is warm. All of my back doors and windows are open. I have Long Chops today as Hub has interviews at work. He is a lot better after his better sleep, though he said he still feels rather ill. But interviews today tomorrow and Thursday.

 

I was due to go out with Arty today but she text to ask if tomorrow was OK, it is fine let’s just hope the weather will be? It’s been ages since she has seen LC it will be interesting to see if LC has calmed down as we will I hope take both of them out for a walk. Normally with LC it’s a drag. Not as in boring, but as in she drags whoever is on the end of the leash. Not in harness, but when she sniffs a free run? Oh boy!

 

OK, will go and make this phone call….. Wish me luck? I will return in the next paragraph unless the person on the other end has bitten me through the wires.

 

I’m back, he bit but I’m tough, a spray with antiseptic and I’m good to go!

 

Now, go where? Let’s see.

 

Teens up…. Kitchen smelling lovely. Oh boy… I have to go in there in a mo. jo.

 

Our canary is singing top of his voice. Our dogs are sitting at the kitchen door. Bless them they know they are not allowed in. Must be awful being a dog? They can smell lovely food but can’t do anything about it! They don’t put their paws over the door thresh though.

 

I was amused yesterday reading stories about guide dogs. One lady was parcelling up some Braille books of healthy eating. Her daughter was writing the label for her to post. They were talking about when she used to go to the weight watchers classes. Off the lady went books in hands to post and the guide dog began to head towards the block where she used to frequent every week to be weighed. Another lady was talking about a local fast food place to a member of her family. They the lady and guide dog went off to the shops and her guide dog went the wrong way that the lady wanted to go. Not understanding why, she trusted her dog and next thing she knows is, her dog is standing outside the fast food shop…. Hehehe. So, how much do our dogs really understand? We get all sorts like can our dogs read? I have not been asked if they can write yet. But there is time. I have told you before Hub was in London when he asked directions. The man bent down and whispered in the dog’s ear the instructions.

Do you think public awareness is required?

 

Okay, my boy wonder is next to me and has the TV blasting so I will have to go for now as cannot hear my computer. Before I go,

 

Some proverbs about dogs

From Portugal

The dog wags his tail not for you, but for your bread.

Polish proverb.

The grater love is Mothers; then dogs then sweethearts.

Now this one surprised me?

Only mad dogs and English men, go out in the mid-day sun. Why surprised? As that comes from India.

Russian proverb

If you are a host to your guest, be a host to his dog also.

US, this is funny.

Every dog is allowed one bite. Ouch? Not sure about that one.

Also US every good dog deserves a good bone…. Hmm. Don’t talk to me about dog bones?

Saudi Arabian proverb.

If you stop every time a dog barks, your road will never end.

 

I love those. As I love my dogs.

No comments: