translate

Friday 28 August 2015

TOP TIPS TONIGHT


Its late Friday evening, where has this day gone? We had a late dinner as Hub was working later this evening from home. Dinner was delicious though threads of guilt found them through the needle of my mind. What would my boy be eating? I so wanted to serve him a plate of the food we were enjoying as he would have loved it. I made lovely potatoes I washed them, left their skin on sliced them boiled them in a pan with some fresh herbs in drained then put them in the oven in a tray with some olive oil over the top, salt and pepper. I did our favourite Mediterranean vegetables roasted them, and we had enchiladas. Even though I say so myself, it was rather tasty. But so badly I wanted my baby to be with us at the dinner table. Three more sleeps until he is home. The weather so far has been cold a bit of rain but not half as much as was expected.

 

I got thinking today, what is it about a cup of tea? We have it if we have had a shock, we serve it at funerals and it is an all-rounder feel good drink in the UK. Humans have been steeping leaves in boiling water for five hundred thousand years. Not sure about English, but Americans last year drank around seventy nine billion servings of the hot stuff!

 

Research into the relationship between us humans and tea intrigues me. As you may have experienced, caffeine has strong effects on people. Most famously, acting as a stimulant and reducing drowsiness. Caffeine increases alertness because it prevents the sedative adenosine from working as a receptor.

    

Adenosine has sedative effects, so by blocking those effects of adenosine you are increasing central stimulation. Hence increasing activity of the central nervous system.

So we are blocking the parts of our brain which tells us we are tired. Don’t be mislead though caffeine gives you the effect of an afternoon sleep, but doesn’t give you the restoration or consolidation of memory that sleep provides. Tea is full of antioxidants, which I believe protect our cells. So each time you read my blog why not sit with a cupper? I do.

 

When teens car comes back from the festival, it will need a good clean. Here are Fifi’s tips for car cleaning. Haha.

 

To clean milky headlights, use toothpaste. Why? The salt in it, if you used paste with salt in it, acts as a rubbing compound.   Whilst there, use a toothbrush to get to those areas you can’t normally reach. Just don’t forget to keep these two tools with your car care and not back in the bathroom. Remember when cleaning windows to roll them down a little when you have cleaned them to clean the top or you will have a dirty strip running along the top. Nothing worse than a dirty strip? Talking of which, my Romeo Son hasn’t text me tonight.

 

I also heard by the way olive oil for the leather in your car is great to condition it then buff it off with a soft cloth. WD40, spray a little on your engine while with clean cloth and wow, when you come to selling your car, its gleaming.

 

Well you could do all of that, or you could do what most of our neighbours do and that is to pay £15 to the Polish people down the road. Polish as in origin, not as in scrubbing your car……

 

Why do we have Polish and polish? Oh, it’s too late, that I’m sure even doesn’t have an answer….    

OK, going to close the curtains now turn off the lights kick off my shoes and listen to the blues. Smile. No, not quite, I hate that kind of music. I love however, Reggae. Nighty night sleep tight mind the bed bugs don’t bite. X

No comments: