translate

Thursday 27 August 2015

BADGE OF HONOR


Good day Bloggets. Well my Son text to let me know he was there OK yesterday, and this morning early text to say he is awake and fine! He said that the walk was really difficult uphill with his four heavy bags, but he did it, put his tent up he is sharing with another and he sounded in good spirit. So first 24 hours done.

 

The second bag of dog food came early this morning so I was free to go. Put Waggs in the dog run to do her business now then that is a funny one. We have a section at the bottom of the garden fenced and gated off with drainage so the dogs can pollute in there. When we let the dogs out, they go straight there and stand waiting until I catch up to open the gate. How clever are they? They are dogs at the end of the day and could just do it anywhere. No, they go to the toilet block like a human.

 

Talking of toilets, when I went to town the other day with our daughter, she wanted the loo. Guess how much she had to pay for it? 40p. and they were not even clean. There is an English saying which goes like this, spend a penny. Well, I’m not old and when I was younger it was a penny to go to the toilet. Now forty? And she said they were not clean. Awful.

So, everything ready, harness, leash, treats for Waggs

 Dog bag just in case, and my card and some cash will tell you why in a mo. Jo.

 

Locked all of the windows doors and on our way, would Waggatail be a good girl today? Always apprehensive when I go out, as she isn’t consecutive and neither am I.  She started off badly as wanted to cross the road at the top of our drive. This way means she is going on the field. So always have to be aware. I corrected her and she pulled towards the field but luckily I was on her case and kept her in the side I wanted. Down the first step she did that fine but then again chanced her luck by trying to pull me towards the other side of the road so we would find ourselves on the field, no, it wasn’t happening. Past the overhanging tree and around the corner we went towards the dreaded road which is like a motorway.

 

Hub is fighting to get the traffic speed lowered or at least monitored on that road. It’s lethal.

 

Thankfully the council seems to have cut back most of the overhanging thorns on that pathway; anyway, we got to where we needed to be. Posted the letter, after crossing only three roads and loads of long paths then went to the chemist and that is where I felt so pleased, why? For all of you Bloggets reading this in the UK, please ask your local Guide Dog association about the badge boxes for Guide Dog week? I like this idea as we are not asking shops to commit, we are just asking for one box to be placed on the counter in the shops. Public kindly pay £1 and receive a cute badge of a dog paw. This is a fantastic way you can help us please? By helping Guide Dogs UK, you are helping yourself by providing a service that may help you in the future, remember in the UK alone, one hundred people go blind per day. I asked the lady in the chemist if she would be so obliged to place one of these non-obtrusive boxes on her counter and she said she would. Fantastic. Each box has forty badges so £40 raised would really really help. If you can ask your local shop, chemist, garage, pub, restaurant how much we could raise and that would be all down to you.

 

So out of there and into my lovely Louis restaurant. A quick take away only £3 this is why I needed cash, as under £5, you have to use cash, rather than a card. Then on my way home.

 

Waggs was doing so well, bless her we were almost home then

“Ouch.

My ankle bent as I misplaced the step as Wagga bless her tried to avoided the stupid over hanging tree from someone’s garden taking me too far to the right and off the kerb. Well I was shocked. I hate it when I think I am going fully on the ground.

 

I became disoriented and really didn’t know where I was. So I stopped and retraced my steps. As I went past the tree, I got a hold of it, it wasn’t a prickly one, and I told Waggs to watch for it, it was mainly to let the people if they were in, and watching, that I was holding a branch from their tree, so hopefully they would come and cut. But I am sure they would be at work.

 

Well, I still hands shaking, heart pounding, the traffic sounded like it was all around me. I was dizzy. I wanted to walk forward, I told Waggs forward correcting her as she was pulling to the left. Then I remembered what my friend JB told me at the weekend. “Trust your dog!” I simply said find home. And you know she did. Even though I was sure we were on the next street, and if you are blind and the next street or door is a mile away.

 

She got me to the front door and I was so in love with her. As for at least four minutes, which seemed like half an hour to me, I was sure we were so very lost.  When I heard my wind chimes I was delighted.

 

Ate my dinner after feeding Waggs as that is one fine way I can be assured I get home, I tell her to find home and she will get her dinner.

She is a Labrador.

 

I washed my hands and enjoyed lunch very happy with myself. More so with Waggatail. But now exhausted. I have to talk to Wagga all the way there and back, trying to remember where we were, and where we need to go, but because of my sweet little girl, I was able to go to the post box, then pick up some pain killers for Hub at the chemist as well as getting a yes for a box for Guide Dogs, get my lunch and give Wagga some work to do but as equally important, I went out from my four walls and I feel so much better for it.

 

Off to groom Waggatail now and then the delights of cleaning the dog run. Oh I may let my lunch settle first. Hehehe. Later gators. X

No comments: