translate

Friday 7 August 2015

S.O.S TORN


It’s four in the afternoon. Not a successful week at work sadly. Just not enough progress. I want things done yesterday. People are happy with tomorrow but others won’t comply until next week!

 

Just back from our shop. Oh my word. What part of my face isn’t torn? I have to go out tomorrow as well and I looked like a cat has been in the wrestling ring with me.

 

Slam tare right into a few overhanging trees/shrubs. The nasty ones with the thick thorns that not only tare at your skin, but grab onto it too.

 

Oh it’s awful. As blind people we don’t know the trees are there until it’s too late.

 

I pulled away when it caught just below my eye and the back of my head went into another one and caught my long hair nipping at my head.

 

As I got myself out of there, I walked right into another one. Because they are not solid, I don’t hear the silent kind of sound as I am approaching like you do a solid tree trunk. They are a distance from the trunks and long cruel ribbons of barb wire like thorns reach out and before I know it attack me.

 

I pulled out of one, caught the back of my head in another and as I got out from them, they were taring as I did so; I walked to the left towards the scary sounds of the road. I didn’t want to go too far or I would be down a huge step onto the road where the cars will stop for no one. So I only moved a foot or two. Just to discover that in fact, there were more branches slightly lower just in case a part of my face had been left out from the torture.

 

“Where to go now? I asked myself. Well, I wanted to go home and cry. Instead I stood still made sure I wasn’t bleeding and found a gap but all the way there, I was dreading coming back home. There is another way but it’s twice as far to walk and I had so much to carry.

 

I got into the shop and my heart was pounding. I really hurt. I went in for potatoes. And remembered that I needed baked beans oh and the main reason I was in was to get my Son some tuna for lunch as he was due from the gym and had only ten minutes before work and in that time, needed a shower. I had to get dinner for tonight as well.

 

So I was to run to the shop, well, not run, but you know what I mean? Get back and make it for him.

 

Well the shop I was in is great for buying only in bulk. So for example, tuna? A pack of four cans is something like £3 but if you buy three packs of four cans, you get them for £5. So there I am walking with the lady as she kindly is helping me. Now that was a funny story.

 

She is new, so the lady who I know who was busy, is the one who won’t for the life of me walk around, she gets my things, shouting from one end of the shop to the other asking what I want. I thought it was her religion, not likening dogs, but no, she strokes Wagga. Anyway, she turned as I walked in and shouted to the girl on the till.

 

“Can you ring the bell, and (quietly) tell them you need help for this lady?”

 

Firstly, why quietly? Secondly, she wouldn’t know the word quietly? Well, I think I know what she meant, as the girl was new on the till, she wouldn’t know I get assistance when I go to the shop. So, by ringing the bell, she wouldn’t know what she was asking, as for quietly? Well lady number one, I think was trying to teach discretion. Sadly, from me, she gets nil pwa.

 

I came out of the shop, with a medium bag of potatoes, twelve cans of tuna. Five cans of baked beans. And, three large bags of humongous fish. The bags are £4 for one or £10 for three. So about fifteen portions of fish.  My blooming fingers were killing me.

 

The weight and amount, was cutting my fingers with the bags. I was dreading the trees. No way could I walk the long way, my heart was pounding with the heavy shopping and with my concentration. Wagga works so well on the way, on the way back she sniffs constantly. So normally I would hold the leash in my right hand to pull sharply as she put her head down, but with having bags I couldn’t so one arm going one way, with a sniffing Waggatail and my other arm Bing dragged down to the ground. Oh but as I was leaving the shop, the lady turned to me and asked me if I needed her to take me anywhere? Hehehe. Bless her. I slipped up there didn’t I? I should have said, oh thank you, great, let’s take this all home, then go off to a river and allow Waggs to swim and enjoy this sunny day? Or, OK, we will go clothes shopping? Or how about a walk along a beach? But I just thanked her and on our way we went.

 

I’m sure some sighted people really are confused or just wonder how on earth we get from A, to B?

 

I mean, they must wonder this, as even I do. I’m back I have just checked my face put some antiseptic on it and oh boy, what a mess? Little rips every now and then. Please please please, if you have over hanging trees of any description? Please can you cut them back from the paths? We can’t walk on the road to avoid them and even if it’s a quiet road, we don’t know they are there until it’s too late.

 

As I’m sure I was looking as though I was going to have a heart attack, I heard the forever cheerful lady shout

“Hi Fiona, its Jan!” She is a sweet lady from our church. I had a lovely chat with her and this is the difference between staying in and going out. It’s a huge challenge for us but its normality. We are humans and we meet lovely people. Someone to talk with. She was telling me that the church newspaper also constantly is in contact with the council to ask for the trees to be cut down. But they never answer.

 

Back home, my Waggs was a good girl, right to the door and bear in mind, all of our avenue of all sorts is open plan, gardens and drives.

 

When I first got her, we did a tour a few times up peoples drive ways. But she soon learned that didn’t make Mummy happy.

 

Just been looking through the catalogue for interesting gifts. This is a Dogalogue, and everything in it, money goes to help the Guide Dog Association. So if you are in the UK and fancy a look? Here is the link.

 


 

Right, by the way, the fish I bought is the length of the bottom of my arm. So fifteen of those? That is dinner tonight. Not all fifteen of course. As for teens lunch, he ate it and ran to work, well, ran to his car that drove him to work.

 

He was telling me more about the festival he is going to today. Oh boy, it really is hell. He is looking forward to it though. And I’m sure he will meet up with the evil one. The devil herself as she is going with her horns firmly position on her head.

 

Today as I said earlier is really sunny and lovely. Day number six this summer. Not in a row either. Since about May.  Oh, before I go. I must tell you this crazy moment I had. On my way to the shop, I heard some children playing to my left. Oh no, are they on their lunch break? I don’t like passing the school I call the zoo. The kids are cute but shout for Waggs and she doesn’t need any distraction. So I wondered what they were doing out of school as young kids are not allowed to leave the premises. Then there were more? What on earth is going on? Why so many children out of the school grounds?

 

Well, it’s only half way through the blooming school holidays in England? Smile…. Took me ages to realise This. Well, not having a child at school or college is a funny one. This September will be the first year in fifteen years that my Son hasn’t been going to start nursery, first school, middle school, high school or college. The end of an eerier. A new beginning.

 

We are out tomorrow going to see if Waggs does her stuff finding the bus stop. I hope she will as Long Chops can’t find this one we need to go to our vet. It’s buried behind the horrid bushes not the same ones that are on the way to our shops, but other horrid one.

 

I hope it’s a lovely day and we may stop by our coffee shop and have some cake. Quite excited for the challenge. That’s how I feel today, tomorrow is another day.

 

Some quick fun things before I go, just to kick your weekend off. Haha.

 

A curious child asked her Mother

“Mummy why are some of your hairs turning grey?”

The mother decided to teach her sometimes naughty girl a lesson and replied.

“Each time you are badly behaved, one of my hairs turns grey!

The child replied.

“That must be why every hair is grey on my Grandmothers head.”

 

A husband and wife were to go on holiday. The wife had to do one extra days work last minute. So she stayed for one more day back home whilst the husband went onto the vacation. On his arrival to the destination, in his hotel room, he decided to write to his wife an email. He miss typed the email address and sadly it went to the wrong person, a widow. Whose husband had just died?

 

The widow looked at the monitor read her email and screamed fainted on the floor. Her family heard and ran in to see how she was, read  the screen

 

“Dearest wife. Just arrived. Checked in and everything is ready for your arrival tomorrow.

Ps, it’s hot down here.

 

Have a great weekend. X

No comments: