translate

Thursday 13 August 2015

DUCK OFF


Good day Bloggets. Okay, so today should be of interest to me. More on that in a later blog, firstly today, I will let you know about my walk with my guide dogs and my friend Arty.

 

Yesterday was tough here, and I so badly needed to get out of the house. Thankfully Arty came with her ray of sunshine known as her personality. Oh, and her delicious cake….. Out we went freedom. And onto our local field. Well, LC dragged Arty and though she kept getting her to sit. That’s Arty, getting LC to sit, not the other way on…. Though at one point I thought Arty was going to ride Longchops as they took off. When it comes to working, Hubs LC is the best in the business. When it comes to playing? Let’s say our big beasty girl has no finesse.

 

Even little Waggs was naughty and she is normally great quiet on harness. She cried like a baby. Oh it was embarrassing. I said as I was also being tugged a little with my girl on harness. You know, representing Guide Dogs and all…. “What must we look like?

 

Well we got there at last and it was so funny. Next thing we know Arty turned to me and said

“LC has found a toy, but there are no dogs on the field so it’s OK. I asked what it was. She said something orange. So with jet black fur and bright orange toy from her long chops, hahhahaha. Are you picturing this?

 

Well, among the silence only interrupted by distant lawn moors and other garden equipment. A quietly spoken man’s voice crept behind us. And said in a rather sheepishly voice.

“Could I please have my dog toy back?”

So red faced Fi cringed as Arty boldly replied asking.

“Oh sorry, is it yours?” A perfect question, as we saw no dogs. He answered.

“No. its’ my dogs……

 

Well, if you had seen mine and Art’s face? Oh we wanted to laugh our socks off. Especially because he didn’t have a dog? No sign of a dog and Arty could have said sorry and retrieved the toy from the chops of the long one, but no…. What did she say? Just as I was trying to hold my face together?

“Sorry about the slobber all over it, if you hold that bit, you will be OK?

Hahahahahahehhehehehehehehahahaha.

 

Well, he took the toy, and off he went. Arty and I walked away as fast as we could to get out of the range of the funny little man who was wearing shorts and (GARDENING GLOVES) in the middle of the field with no dog.

 

Arty reckoned that he had a dog toy fetish. Hehehe it was an orange duck. LC wasn’t amused.

We were.

 

Well, we met another lady with two tiny dogs she had the sense of humour of a nat.

 

Another lady with her dog who was lovely, and such a character. The stories she told were brilliant. Some sad but most funny. Such a sweet lady she was. Her little boy dog tried to milk LC. And LC stood letting her. Not sure what that was all about? Especially as the dog was about two so long time since needing milk?

 

We came back via the shop as I needed milk and bread. Arty went in and I stood with the two shattered girls. Arty went in as she has sight and it would be so much faster rather than me going in, waiting for assistance and so on.

Well, that was the theory. Until Arty came out later much later and said she couldn’t find the bread. Haha. She went around the shop twice and then had to ask.

 

Bless her, we got home, gave the girls a drink and sat with tea and the best cake in the world. Oh yummy blooming yummy. Arty gave me a gift I will treasure for life. It was from an angel shop in America from her holidays. A pebble with carved words “Forever friends” and I know we will be.

No comments: