translate

Wednesday 19 August 2015

FAMILY CAR CRASH


 Good day Bloggets. Well, last night wasn’t exactly the evening I had planned; our daughter was to meet with a friend of my Sons in our town. So it was raining and my Hub didn’t want her meeting with the lad on her own, so asked my boy to go with her. He drove her there parked up and the three of them had coffee. All going well then it came to driving home. Teen kindly offered rather stupidly to take is and our girls new friend home. I say stupidly, because he lives absolutely miles away. It was bucketing down with rain. Cold too. On their way teen went far too fast around a corner and his car span around the other way. Thank God no other cars were coming. As he turned it the right way, his back wheels went in a ditch. No one was hurt. But they couldn’t get the car out.

 

 Teen thankfully had some sense left in him and went to a local farmer. The farmer kindly pulled him out with a truck and rope. Teen offered money to the farmer but the man was kind enough to say no thanks. Teen said he was a really kind guy.  

 

Would the little car live? It did and thank our maker so did our kids, I only hope that this will be a lesson? I’m not too sure though. It was a small accident and his first, but I pray it will be his last. Talking to friends today, all of their kids have done the same, but this could have been avoided. What is it with young ones and speeding? Why? The thrill I guess!

 

So our girl left for the train station in a taxi. Teen wasn’t very amused. He said he felt used. As he has been kindly taking us places over the past week. But really, it’s so sad that we have to stay out of the car until he grows up enough to be sensible. I wouldn’t care, but only last week when we were at my in laws, my brother in law raced teen with his car. Teen was so good and didn’t play the game. I was proud of him. And he drove there so well, mind you, coming back he was a little crazy; he was travelling on the motorway at speed. He tells me when he goes to see his father, he speeds. I pray it will be a long time before he goes there again. I only wish he would go there by train. It’s cheaper for sure rather than putting petrol in.

 

Next week he is driving for miles to the festival. My heart will be in my mouth especially because he is taking his two friends. Boys. He is coming back half way through it as well, me knowing he will have been drinking most of the previous twenty four hours too? He said he will time it so that he isn’t drunk….. Time it? Oh goodness.

 

So, round two? My husband came in from work in a bit of a state. I’m sure it’s part of what could have been last night. Coming from work his taxi had to slam the brakes on. In front of their car, was another and the bang was enormous. A motorbike crashed into the side of the passenger and every window in the car was smashed. The taxi driver got out the passenger in the crashed car wasn’t in a good way at all. The driving wheel was in half and the motorbike was in a nearby field.

 

 Helicopter ambulance police cars too, all came to the scene. Hubs taxi driver had to give evidence. The bike was coming over the hill I would guess at speed. I hope so much that all will be OK? I do feel that our angels are with us this week and for that I will say a forever prayer especially as a lovely lady I know lost her Son as he was driving on a motorbike to work. He was killed. Ever since I heard about it, I have felt so very sad so desperately upset for anyone who loses a loved one in such a way.

 

In most cases it can be avoided. Please please, don’t think it could never be you and don’t believe it’s always your fault either. It could be another driver not driving well.

 

  

No comments: