translate

Monday 24 August 2015

LEEDS FEST


Dearest Bloggets, it’s late in the evening but I’m determined to write to my Bloggets before the clock strikes the pumpkin hour. Where has today gone? I spoke with my friend on the phone, and I did one of my interviews. I love the writing up but the interview today was a little challenging as the man was rather shy. Then I was asked to write a poem last minute for a birthday well, this request came in just after I had finished writing a case study which was quite serious and if you could read what was required of the poem? Hahaha. Oh my word. Talk about multi-tasking, well, good job my brain is of such that I can think about ten things at once. I can have thoughts of happiness depression and futuristic fortunes as well as backgrounds which should remain buried.

 

My Fault when studying was always that my mind would wonder. Wonder what? Hmm. No, wonder all over the place.

 

Well in this situation, it’s a bonus to be like that.

 

I spoke with my brother on the phone, we booked tickets to go and see him and my family next weekend.  Then we have our dear friend coming to stay for a couple of nights then I think financially we should hibernate. Having said that, we are due to see our friends again Trix and like, they don’t live too far but far enough. That is the trouble with boarding school. Friends end up scattered all over the country. It’s funny you know, but all of the friends I have from school, not the ones on line, but the physical friends, are all from my junior school. I wonder how that is? The friends we were with at the weekend, we have known for at least forty years. Now I know what you are all saying.

“Fiona how can this be? You are only 32!” Well, I did only get a C in maths.

 

Two more sleeps then my Son is off. He is away for almost a week. Oh God help us all. I’m dreading it. But he is looking forward to being with his friends. They are sleeping in a tent. Well, that’s me gone already. They have to wear wellies, hmm. So’o out of there. They will be drinking a lot of nastiness. No way for me. No clean toilets or anywhere to wash. Oh dear me. What do they like about festivals?

 

The dreaded one will be there pouring her poison. Trying to encourage my Son to go back out with her. It’s a game for her. Well, she is a game. And in her box there are pieces missing so it can’t be complete. I wonder how the little snake will climb the ladder in those heels. And how will she do without her Ralph Lauren, Stradivarius by Zara, and DKNY       clothes. How on earth will she manage to eat without her Jamie Oliver cookery book?

We shall see I’m sure if she develops a tiny ping of hunger, a click of the wiry fingers shall bring Giles with fetching Dicky bow tie to her well-manicured feet. Or at least, fly her helicopter to her very own landing pad on the vast field where the festival will commence, only after she is satisfied though.

 

I just hope teen will have a great time and be safe. He is going with about twenty friends so a real good time I hope. As for me? Not such a good time. I think I may be doing a lot of writing over the next few days.

 

No comments: