translate

Tuesday 4 August 2015

DAILY DIARY AMAZON I'M WAITING


Good morning Bloggets. Well, a continuation on my Amazon parcel from yesterday, you may remember that I was expecting a toaster and instead I received two flimsy tiny plastic boxes that I thought was for children’s papers like perhaps exam results? Oh my Son read that they were in fact shirt organisers.

 

Well, I found the number of Amazon UK and called them.  They were very helpful and it was a 0800 number so free.

 

After I told them I was blind so couldn’t tell them what was on the paperwork like they wanted to know, they asked if I could read the address on the box it was sent to. Haha. Well, thankfully my boy read it earlier in the day so I know it was our address.

 

They were great offered me a choice of collection so I didn’t have the dreadful worry about how I was to get it to a post office.

 

They did say though that I had to obviously seal it back up and put my own paperwork in the box with my details on it like address and number of order what I should have received.

 

I asked if it were possible for me to get my toaster with the same person who will pick up some travellers or business persons shirt boxes. No. Not possible. Okay, fair enough but to receive my toaster sadly I didn’t get a time scale on that. Odd isn’t it that you can pick a time for pick up but not for delivery?

 

Anyway the man came. The same guy who delivers our dog food. Haha haha. There is a connection there somewhere I’m sure.

Oh yes. He has a van.

 

Well I handed over my box all sealed and correct. He asked me to sign, that’s fine, and I can do that on one of those machines. And I closed the door.

 

Less than thirty seconds later. The bell rang again. So obviously the bee that made our door bell his home yesterday has moved on.

 

The man asked where the other parcel was. I said there was only one box. He said it just came through that there was another. I said no. I guess where the confusion came about was the fact that there were two shirt organisers. Really, I still am in shock that anyone can fit a shirt in those things? I imagine that the shirt would be so creased when it came out so now for my toaster? I wish it would come this morning as this afternoon I’m in a meeting, luckily from home so I will be in, will I hear the bell that is the question.

 

I want to get Wagga out for a bit of fresh air too. My Son may take her on the field, but I want to work her. She needs it. That may have to come later on.

 

Making sweet and sour chicken curry for teen’s dinner tonight. The boys loved their mix up dinner last night. I must say it was different.

 

Now as for today, Hub was up at six. Teen had only been in the house four hours. He was quiet but I can’t sleep knowing he’s out so wait in bed to hear the key in the door. I just don’t get kids. It’s beautiful and sunny today, well, as sunny as we will get this summer there is a breaze, and all kids are in bed who teen knows. He still is. It was quarter to three yesterday when he got out from his pit.

 

They stay at home all day then when its pitch black, they go out. I wonder if he had been unlucky enough to be born with my eye condition, what he would have done. As those with RP can’t see in the dark.

 

Long Chops has gone with her Daddy to the south. She will be delighted. She loves to work. Train stations are her thing. I miss my Hub already. He said as he was leaving see ya later. But he won’t. It will be tomorrow. He and teen are my left and right side of my heart. When I don’t have them both, my heart is in pain.

 

Teen is going for a break in a few weeks time. He will be away for almost a week. It’s the worst environment he is going to as well. He is off to a festival. In a tent, and mixing with loads of drunks and people who steal for fun. The field is a huge pile of poo too. Just nasty mud nasty people owned by I’m sure a nasty person who is just robbing people for tickets. The money it costs is disgraceful for what it is.

 

It’s my idea of hell. My Husband says it’s because I’m not young, I never have been young when it comes to filth and awful people.  The people who go are just drunks in my opinion. If there was a total ban on drink and drugs, who would go? And I know people will say they take their children it’s a family event, well, I wonder do these people not drink any alcohol? Hmm. I bet they do. Taking the children is just solving child care problems.

 

OOOOOOOoooo controversial.

 

One of our entertainers from the 60s has died last weekend aged 72. Silla Black. She was an icon. Personally I didn’t like her singing but I liked the TV programs she put out. She died of so called natural causes. She was found on her balcony in Spain a place she took residence in her retirement. She was found by her Son who lived close by.

 

It was sad as she was a huge part of our TV when we were growing up. I do wonder though if cause of death was what they are saying. She has been reported to have said she was ill. Going deaf and blind and had other complications. She was to have said that she was going the same way as her Mum and she didn’t want to suffer the same way. Her Mum took two years to die. She didn’t want that. Well, she didn’t get that two years. Sad for her kids. Who of course are grown up now, but you are always a child to your parents and they are always your Mother and Father.

 

I just wonder if she took her own life though. And if she did it should be her choice we make too much of that in our country. I mean, how can you die of natural causes? At that age not to have had a heart attack? I don’t get it.

 

Gosh our canary is really drinking today; he will sit there for fifteen minutes just drink drink drinking. The sound is funny.

 

Last night, whilst waiting for my Son to come home, so about half past midnight, I decided to go onto my IPod and order our food shopping for this week. There were some really good offers at my favourite shop. Now my favourite shop is expensive, so I shop between two! One is rubbish, but online accessible that is Morrison’s. The other is lovely Ocado But so expensive unless you get the offers. So if I didn’t see some good ones, I would have gone to Morrison’s. My basket was full of great deals for Hub and Teen.

 

Got to checkout, oh, guess what? The lovely load of offers were only not in stock. After spending half an hour filling my basket. I couldn’t be bothered to empty it and go to the other shop so just ordered but had to fill the basket with what I was missing, well, once again I spent over as of course the missing items alternatives, were not on offer.

 

We are so lucky though that we can shop for groceries like that. I don’t know what we would do if we couldn’t do that. It’s Okay if you live on your own and can get out, but for a family of three? It’s a lot of food to carry on the bus and our Tesco make such a fuss if you ask for assistance. I hate doing it.

 

Tesco and Asda are not good for accessibility. I am on a tight budget for food. So things get put in my basket and back out again when I go over. Then I juggle around a bit and continue. It’s not easy.

 

We didn’t do well in our divorces. We ended up with all of my ex’s debts and my Husband gave his ex his full share of the house he lived in with her. It was a dreadful situation I felt so bad for my Husband as he worked so hard to pay off his last mortgage with his ex. She said she would never move. As soon as he handed her the entire house, she moved. It was one of many moments I didn’t know how to handle it with him. He was used and kicked. But we survived, just makes life tight now. As especially because his new job is half the pay his old one was. But, such is life. He couldn’t keep that way of life up it was really not doing him any good.

 

He is happy, as am I, the girls are coming in a few weeks time. Teen looking forward to seeing them as well.  They are then going onto the Cathedral in Durham. They are on a course there and singing. For a week.  Hub will be so proud. That cathedral is his favourite in the world.

 

I wish my Husband sang now days? He doesn’t at all and he plays his piano once I would say in a blue moon but there was a blue moon the other night and he didn’t play. I don’t know why? He has such gifts. I know when he was made to sell his baby grand piano, it hurt him so badly. I always said one day, I would buy it back for him. Hmm. I can’t see that day coming sadly.

 

So after our girls come, we are off to visit friends. Friends from school. I’m really looking forward to that and I hope that my little Trix and the Like man will be there, but they are waiting to see if their Daughter in law will have had her baby by then. I think they are on standby. It’s weird to think of my friend as a Grandmother. Gosh, really it is. Our eldest is eighteen and I hope many years from having a child.

 

The longer he takes the more chance he will meet the right person and we will be closer to eye treatment I hope for RP as it’s hereditary. His children could be born with it. Time isn’t everything? I was watching a program yesterday about a female doctor who was to marry a young porter. She was forty he about twenty six. The age gap is too much and it’s not so much now, but when he is still young about thirty five, she will be almost fifty and when he is fifty five she will be almost seventy. He still wants to do what people of that age do and she may be fit, but, there again, her body won’t look fit. Unless she has loads of work done on her.

 

Okay, may be time for me to go now as I think I may have offended half the population in this blog and that isn’t good. Haha.

 

Just saying, my ex was almost nine years older than me and we had nothing in common my now Hub is the same age, well he is eight months younger and he lets me know weekly. But we know the same music TV life news laughs and memories. We are aging at the same pace. Well, he is looking older than me of course. Hehehehehe. But our bodies are starting to creak at the same time. So we can empathise, right?

 

Thank you to Laura from the UK for her email yesterday asking if I would write more proverbs. Here are a couple before I go.

The pen is mightier than the sword

Trying to convince someone with ideas and words is more effective than forcing them to do what you want.

 

Birds of a feather flock together.

In other words, people like to spend time with those they are similar to.

No comments: