translate

Tuesday 25 August 2015

THE NIGHT BEFORE


 Well the night before. Teen getting ready to go to Leeds Festival. He has a dreadful cough has had it for a week now. But now he is packing for this week away. Oh it’s forecast for the worst weather as well.  So a week of worry for me. He went to buy all the things he needs. He has spent a fortune. Got paid today and half of his money gone. Its pouring with rain and cold and the weather is to get worse.

There are twenty of them going and he is so excited.

 

I made him a dinner like the last supper. Haha. He will eat bacon and sausages for the next few days but bless him; he has bought all sorts of healthy nutritious bars too.

 

If you could see what our son is taking with him, oh my word you would think he was going away for a month. Bless his doubled layered thick hiking socks; I’m so going to miss him.  Oh and get this, he just told   me that if you need the toilet whilst there, it’s a hole in the ground? Whaa’aat? Noo’oo’o waa’aa’aay

What on earth is he thinking of? Oh I couldn’t not ever not even if my hero was there. Mind, you, who is my hero musically? When a child I had plenty, now? I can honestly say they are all the same.

I have had a busy day today working but tomorrow I will only work half the day then be back with you all, nerves and bitten fingernails.

 

I made a shepherd’s pie with a difference today. Fried mushrooms then leaks and finally the mince steak, put that all with some salt and pepper in the casserole dish then made the mash potatoes with a difference for the top. Why different? Well, in the large pan, went lots of chopped obviously uncooked potatoes then in the same pan, Squash, now that is a vegetable not to be messing about with. What a waste of time that is? Anyway then sweet potatoes and when that was all boiled I mashed it up adding butter and put it on the top of the minced beef, mushrooms and leaks. Put it in the oven until the top was crispy. The boys loved it so that made me happy. I did add some gravy before the potatoes went on and my secret ingredients that I add to everything, brown sauce.  A real winters meal, well, seriously if you could see the weather here? As for tomorrow it will be just Hub and myself for dinner. I’m just going to do a homemade soup, see, another winter’s meal….  

 

I’m going to bed now as this will be my last decent sleep until our boy is back. Our eldest daughter got her keys today for her house. It’s a cottage in the grounds of the Cathedral where she has a scholarship for a year. Oh, the big world awaits her.

 

Right taking the dogs out now been putting it off for a while as the rain is heavy, but no time like the present. Where does that great English proverb originate from? Well as far as I can gather, around 1562  “No time better than even now.” Was logged and after then, it was about 1696 when the proverb was written in its now form. There’s no time like the present. Its written that it’s actually said more now than ever. I guess that is the now culture? Anyway, before my dogs eyes begin to water, I will kiss you goodnight and beg you to have sweet dreams.

No comments: