translate

Saturday 29 August 2015

ANGEL WITH FOUR PAWS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


ANGEL WITH FOUR PAWS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 My angel without wings

How you help me to find things

Because of you

I can do

What everyone else can

You’re guiding my hand

Keeping me safe

Getting me to the correct place

People say you have such a beautiful face

And doting eyes

Well I wouldn’t know

Because I’m blind

But my heart melts when you work

You are so kind

Ask for nothing in return

You were born to learn

Never complain

In fact you would work over and over again

What goes through your head?

When you are walking outside

Avoiding obstacles low and high

When I tell you to go to bed

You just do

But you’re so awake when you see me putting on my shoes

I get stressed out

Want to shout

People really annoy me

But you feel this and if you could talk

You would say “Let’s go for a walk

Along the river and find a seat

You never know who you will meet

See when you’re with me

For you I will see

Together we are free

So don’t let others make you feel bad

If you are stuck in the house

Don’t be sad

Put on your coat

I will safely cross you over the road

Let you know when there are steps up or down

Make sure you are safe over undulating ground

See I know how you feel

You don’t need to make a sound

For my soul was born

To connect with your heart

People say I’m smart

Well, hmm. I don’t agree

I’m quite simply an angel

To set you free

Come on walk with me

Put your trust in me

If you like

You can give me a treat

Then when we get home

It’s time for me to eat

If you feel kind

You will give me extra dinner

For you and I together

Are absolutely the winners

See, you love me and that is all I need

And when I’m too old to safely care for you

This I plead

For another four paws to hold your hand

And understand

How you feel

But this is the deal

You never forget me

My legacy lives on for real

And it can only do that

If those people who made you sad

Will support our cause

So we can do our chores

And help to take children to school

And others to work

We go to the shop

And give you hope

Remove the chains and rope

In life people like you will have more scope

I’m here though for now because I want to be

I love it most when you walk next to me

And put your trust in me

For there is one thing for sure

I believe in you

We were meant to be together

And I will love you forever”

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015

 

No comments: