translate

Wednesday 26 August 2015

REMEMBER ME?


Well, I had a very different friend on one of my social groups I’m in. She was a person my Hub thought was deranged. As for me?

Em, cheeky chops, I know I’m deranged, but what did I think of this lady? Well, she intrigued me. She thought out of the box and I like that.  She kind of was a bit of what some would call a hippy. But she called herself a spiritualist. What would I call her? A lovely lady for three years but year four? Hmm. Allow me to tell you about her please.

 

I agreed with most of what she said, wrote and so on. But sometimes to keep the relationship going, I had to bite my tongue.

 

Some would say she was sponging from society and there is a huge part of me that would agree.

 

She didn’t work I don’t think she ever has. She isn’t disabled she does have children, so a full time Mother. Huge respect to her. But, the kids were old enough for her to get a part time job; now then, she would say that if she did do part time, financially she would be worse off. I can see her point, so fair enough, but, then she stopped paying her utility bills. And the last bill she refused to pay was her water bill. It’s perfectly Okay not to pay your water bill in the UK if, one, you don’t use it, and two you are not receiving any benefits. But she had a house with two kids and spoke of her showers she would have, even though she said that she would have a cold shower. So because our country say it’s a human right not to stop anyone having water, she continued to have it and without paying. So, is she not paying because she doesn’t have enough money to feed her kids if she were to pay her water bills? No. You should have seen what she used to cook? She would make her home made food which was all organic, and sounded delicious and post photographs about it.

 

Who does she expect to pay for her water to be cleaned? To get to her house which is paid for by the state? As for her gas and electric? Well her kids all had computers though she cared for the environment, so much so she didn’t pay her TV licence. She would say that she used to watch television online so no need for a licence.

 

Anyway most of what she said was great, I really liked the lady, thought she was a great Mum. But one day I got talking about religion and a blind friend of mine joined in. She posted a picture. We said that we can’t see the picture and asked what it was of? She replied that it was writing and explained how the universe was created. Great, so what do the words say? As our computers only read word, not picture of words or any description of photographs. Her answer was?

“Oh, it would take far too long to re write it out.”

 

So in other words her kids at school, she wasn’t working but she couldn’t be bothered to let us know what she posted. That explained so much. All front. All talk and no action. And this comes from the lady who writes on her post. “I don't like it when I hear people saying they are too busy to care, one day they might just need that care!”

And care also involves inclusion. I was ashamed of her. All that I looked up to her towards in her views on animal care and her brilliant way of bringing up her children, all out of the window, I deleted her from my friend list. Sad, as I really liked her, as I said I had to bite my tongue many times, as my Husband as a tax payer pays for her electric, gas water benefits as does everyone who works. But that was her gone.

 

I have a friend called Terry who also has my eye condition, but she can see quite a lot. Every picture she posts and even other friends who post on line, in groups, who forget to say what the picture is of, she always says what it is, whether it be a video, or just a picture, I love people like her. I mean, how long does it take for you to say next to your photographs.

“Duckling sitting on a pile of leaves next to a pond?

Just anode to ask for you to remember those who are not as fortunate as yourselves for what goes around comes around. It may be you one day who feels very left out!

 

 

No comments: