translate

Thursday 27 August 2015

IN MY MAMMAS ARMS BY FIONA CUMMINGS


IN MY MAMMAS ARMS

BY FIONA CUMMINGS

 I saw you, I knew it was you

I could smell your perfume

As I entered the room

I could feel your presence

So let the experience commence

You stood in front of me

That much I know

But I could only see

A faint silver glow

I saw you, I promise I did

I wanted to shout, but you forbid  

Frozen stiff to the floor I stood

Beneath me was the cold hard wood

I missed you so much so this would be good

At last I could tell you how I felt

But I was cold like ice and no signs I would melt

So still I stood,

Looking down to your feet but nothing there

Who could I tell, when could I share

I wasn’t afraid though I knew you were there

Why didn’t you talk I thought that was unfair

To come all this way from wherever you now belong

No words were spoken

Was this really happening?

  I wanted to tell you of my news

I wanted your views

No sound at all

I couldn’t touch you

As if a thick wall

But I could see you, though no features

I simply felt you in my heart

I wanted to ask you why we had to part

At such a time when I needed you most

Who were you now? A ghost?

What was the reason for your appearance to me?

 I’m blinded by fait but you I could see

A sudden inner piece is what I felt

Your fragrance I smelt

Your love I bathed in

Just a feeling deep within

Then you left

As fast as you came

But no grief no pain

I was so happy that you came that day

Wished we could have had longer before you went away

But I know you live on in a land I don’t know

I only hope when it’s my turn I will be shown where to go

For I wish to hold your hand again

Listen to your song

For in my Mamma’s arms again

Is where I do belong

 

Copyright Fiona Cummings 2015  

No comments: