translate

Thursday 12 January 2017

WRITERS BLOCK BY FIONA CUMMINGS

I gave a lecture today I didn’t enjoy. I can stand up in front of hundreds of people, business men and women to school children without nerves, but today was different. A small group, Moving on somewhat, it’s left me with writer’s block. I have tried writing three blogs now, this is number four and if you are reading this now, then I have pressed the publish button and it’s too late to change or rewrite.

So, my previous blogs that were disregarded, one was on a subject I had no knowledge of until I received an email from another Blogget. Research and some hours later, it was my turn to write. Hmm. I really couldn’t do it, I simply couldn’t post the work I had done. Why? Because of my emotions running high right now.

My second blog was talking about a subject that is really effecting my friends in the USA right now and that was politics, well, I felt I am not in the best place right now to discuss that, I have said what I need to on the subject and now we just wait. And hope.

My third blog was on guide dogs and how different they all are, in personality and ability to work as many people think all dogs are the same and do the same, again, that went. So here we are, subject for this blog? Hmm. Your guess is as good as mine.

And this is where I’m at. For the first time in my life, I really can’t write, so I’m writing now, about not being able to write? Because I feel so guilty when I don’t communicate, I receive so many messages about how you really need to read something I have written each day, gosh, no pressure Fifi? But what if I really don’t have anything to say?

I’m in a few writer’s groups and I often read about how people have writers block. I say to myself, well it’s because you don’t have the hunger to write, or you are forcing yourself to do so by making writing like a job you must attend at a particular time. To me writing should be something you enjoy and if you are not enjoying it, it will show through your writing. Hmm. Is it showing today?

Funny thing is, I’m not disliking what I am writing now, I don’t feel good about it as there is no real structure, why would you read this rubbish I’m writing? An yet the question is, will you return to this blog?

I’m so overwhelmed at your response over the past few months, you have shared blogs I have written and the viewers have gone through the roof. I’m so proud of you all. You have stood by me through thick and thin. Most people who blog have subjects they stick to like beauty, or cooking or holidays, but I write about all of those things, so what kind of audience do I attract?

The youngest Blogget I hear from is eleven, not counting schools who pop in time to time, and the eldest I have got to know is 88. I would say 60% female and 40 males.

I have not been in long and Hub is working from home, he had his guide dog for his test today and they both passed with flying colours thank goodness. Hub learned the route to our local bakers, so we are going to go together at the weekend as Waggs will be able to do this as its local no nasty traffic for her tender nerves bless her.

OK I really must go and do a write up and just hope I can do better than what I have done with my blogs today. I hope you will forgive me for this blog and visit again when my mind is in a better state? I have a feeling that today is going to get a lot worse and I’m dreading later on, I hope tomorrow I have better news and back to a chirpy Fi. With love until later, and perhaps my next blog will be one of those between the liners where you will have to be mined readers to understand what is going on right now. X


No comments: