translate

Tuesday 10 January 2017

DIARY OF CHANGE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Just before the pumpkin hour I have got to my blog page. My eyes are burning as I’m rather tired, but can’t sleep so thought I would pop in and have a chat. I have committed the food sin of eating at this time of night, but I was really hungry. I didn’t cook anything for myself for dinner as really didn’t want anything. Gosh, I remember the days when Hub worked abroad, I hardly knew where he was going to be from week to week, sometimes day to day and I just had no appetite. I hated those days, though my Husband had a great boss called Steven and some lovely colleagues, I resented his job as we waited so long to be together 28 years and the job was steeling those years and time we had at last to be as one.

I must say though, there were times when I saw a spark in my Husbands voice, or should that be heard a spark, but that isn’t a saying, if I could see, I would say I saw a spark in his eyes. Smile. You know when you start something and wish you hadn’t?

He loved success stories and my Husband was the leader of many brilliant causes and so much progress, sadly, that came to an ending as new people took over with new ideas and as they say, that was that. A fantastic organisation went down the toilet in my opinion. So, sad as they were responsible for doing so much good for people not only in England, but all over the world especially in India and Africa, but also in the US, where one battle my Husband had where people said he would never win, as our American friends didn’t agree. Well, he won and I hope they will realise now the change was what they needed. It’s like any change, people don’t like them, now my Husbands old organisation had a change that really didn’t do any good for any one, but then there are good changes. And then you have Brexit and Mr Trump soon to be President Trump. People fear change, but let’s hope that the Brexit/Trump change will end up very successful. For the better of the people. Though there will be a very long bumpy road to get there and people will say. See, I told you it was a disaster? But let them say that hopefully not for long then they will relax and have to bite their tongues. I hope. I’m sure as far as Brexit is concerned life in the UK will improve. It will become good old Britain again, strong and independent. The people who are against it are people who have so much money or rely on money given to them for doing either nothing or a job. Nothing like don’t work but expect benefits, and before you go off it, I agree that a lot of people should get benefits especially if they can’t get a job, even though they really try and moreover there are people who can’t work because they are too ill, they worry me, I really have a story for you in a moment that has boiled my blood of late. But the fact is, the UK have given too many people benefits who really shouldn’t have them and this is why it’s a mess now. But the awful cold fact is, those who really should get benefits can’t because of those who have spoiled it for those who need help.

I knew a person who claimed money from the Government because they had arthritis, they got a free car all paid for as well as the highest amount of money possible to claim. They would have been in a lot of pain some days, but most days they ran for the bus, as the spouse drove the brand-new car to work and the spouse, was very healthy. But used the car meant for the person on the benefits who was running for the bus every day, walking around their town and popping in at the local pub to get as drunk as they could. I used to think that tokens would be a good thing, so many per month. So, if they needed a taxi, they could so they didn’t have to walk. But to give a brand-new car every three years all tax and so on paid for? I think on average they used the car once every five or six weeks.

An old couple I knew, a very greedy couple had a house you could freeze meat in without using a freezer. They were very rich, but too mean to spend their money on heating. Because of their age, they were given a Government grant for money off their gas. I went into their house late summer, it was like a greenhouse. I couldn’t breathe, it was so hot, too hot. I asked why they had their heating on on such a lovely day? Answer, it was free, so why not, then years later, there are people who have worked all their lives who now have to pay for their care so don’t have spare money, who can’t afford to turn on their heating.

There are people who come from abroad, get benefits and have never contributed to anything in the UK in their lives, then there are people who have worked really hard for little money all of their lives, working and paying tax in the UK, and get nothing.

But these people are not the ones I bet who are complaining about Us leaving the European union. It will be the people who are claiming for everything and those who are so rich. As for farmers complaining about leaving? Because they are afraid of losing their free money, well excuse me, it’s your choice to be a farmer. You have thrived on your land for years and if it is a struggle, then quit, sell up you will get a fortune for your land. So, you help the public being a farmer? Part of the food chain if you like? Well, what about fire fighters and our police as well as our ambulance drivers? To me personally they are hero’s. I really can’t tell you how annoyed I get at how little respect our firefighters and so on get.

They should be paid as much as surgeons. So, they don’t study for years, but they not only save lives, they risk their lives. As for rich footballers and other sports people? Don’t get me started on them.

What about those who give their time volunteering? Lifeboat rescue people? They get no money at all, they save lives as well as risk their lives. For no money at all. But hit a ball professionally with a tennis racket and earn Millions. Rays cows to slaughter them and you expect money to be given to you from other methods other than the goods you are selling.

Trump does have some outlandish suggesting, but I think he will calm down on his opinions when he gets into so called power. I do hope though he will be a go getter rather than some like other presidents, saying no names who just have done nothing at all whilst being in power and when making speeches, sound like robots. I do wonder if they have been programmed. I hope Trump won’t become a yes man like the rest of the Presidents in the US, and I hope to goodness he will sort out crime and I pray won’t antagonise parts of the world who are not as calm and stable as the West. He is friends with Russia, this is good because we were really heading towards disaster with Russia, as their President is a lose wire, waiting to touch the edge and spark, causing a huge worldwide fuse. I hope that if Trump is friends with Putin, it will help the situation, our Mrs May as well seems to be a claiming influence, so I have a good feeling about the world at the moment. Some people say Trump is racist, he may be, I hope not, but how can he be when he seems to marry ladies not from the US? I think he is just a cocky business man full of bull but hopefully his business head will create jobs for America.

It’s so sad that people who have been friends for years have fallen out with people over their political views? My American friends have gone through hell in the past few weeks/months, but it’s been the same in the UK, divided opinions. Remember the olden days when no one spoke about politics at the dinner table? Well, now there is no boundary and all for one. Well, let’s pray and hope that the word one, from that saying will be replaced with everyone.

Funny isn’t it how we are so different with our opinions? It’s how we deal with opinions that show our intelligence. Don’t you think? If you know someone is against war, you wouldn’t talk about fighting other countries surely? If you know someone is a vegetarian, do you talk about hunting in front of them? Well I know people who do, to both, but as I said, it’s all about choice and intelligence. You choose what to talk about. I tell my Son all the time, he can’t say that to his boss. Hmm. I have a long way to go with my boy, he is very honest. He tells the truth, this is how I brought him up. It has its side effects, as when people do lie to him, he doesn’t deal with it well, he gets hurt. But I know I can ask him anything and he either tells me his answer or says he doesn’t want to talk about it. I can trust him with anything. From a child, money laying around, he would never touch and many times over the past few years, he will tell me that a note had fallen on the floor and he has placed it under something on the table or wherever he found it near. Many times, he has asked for some money to get what I needed from wherever. I hand him a note telling him I’m giving him a fiver, and he tells me it’s ten, now he could take the ten and keep the five, giving me the change for a £5, but he never does. I’m so proud of him for that, but there is a time when honesty just has to be quiet, not saying lie, just say nothing, but I guess my Son takes after me and feels he has to speak his mind, I’m just trying to teach him diplomacy especially in the work place where he can get sacked, and today he got into his friend’s car after the gym to drive it, just to see what it was like. Oh my. He laughed as he was telling me, he really was making me laugh, doing the sound effects of the car and he said he was telling his friend that the car he has just bought, his friend that is, was like a Post Man Pats van. Postman Pat is a children’s character and his van is very old and noisy. Teen was doing impressions as he was driving it, the poor lad, I tried to tell my boy that the lad would be hurt, he said, no Mum, he could hear the awful noise it was making, oh, that’s not the point? Who said being a parent only lasted until they reached eighteen?

I do wonder when I will stop in my Sons words, lecturing him? How old will he be when I tell him he should be wearing a coat, because it’s so cold? Hahaha. Thank goodness, we only have one child, unless it’s easier for the second kid? Do you relax a bit and by the third, do you just say, whatever?

So, in short, this story that is boiling my blood and is linked to the benefits story. I know sighted people who have a disabled child who get everything given to them. Even free holidays. But then there is my friend who is totally blind. She works, and when she is at work, she has a carer goes to sit with her Mum who has Alzheimer’s. My friend has looked after her Mum on her own for years only of late has she had someone come to the house. She has asked for help for her Mum to have a break every now and then, so the girl, my friend, can have a rest? Oh, the battle, she is having to fight for everything. The poor girl, who is a lady really, just wants to have a few days away on a holiday, her first in years and years. There is help out there, but it’s for those who have no one, fair enough, but also for those who just seam to know how to play the system. Another friend of mine looks after a relative and again, because of social services finding out my friend visits and helps her relative by shopping and cleaning, because the cleaner that was provided wasn’t cleaning properly, the social services has removed the additional help including a cleaner and meals that were taken to her house each day, so my friend who visited every week, now has to go three or four times per week. We punish the honest people, it’s so wrong.

Okay, off my high horse now. I spoke to my Husband who is in a hotel tonight for a two-day conference. He is home tomorrow night really late. This morning as he got up for work at ridiculous hour of 6, and not long after that, teen at ten past six, even our dogs were woken as they had to go out to do their toilet before Hub took LF to the train station. We realised that there was no heating on. Oh no, not again?

The house wasn’t cosy, let’s say. Hub was in a panic. He normally can fix it but not today, Teen didn’t have time as had to leave for twenty-five past six. Let’s say, anxiety kicked in and today I froze like a Birdseye pea. Thank Goodness when teen came in, he followed my instructions and gave me five minutes of his time and with my knowledge which is limited as far as tech goes and it is tech because we have HIVE installed, which is linked to the internet. And Teens sight, loads of lights flashed on our hub he said and a few pushes of the buttons here and there, and new batteries in the thermostat, bingo, it went on, oh the relief.

I seriously don’t know how on earth homeless people survive? I was so cold today, in my house, how do they cope on the streets? I know there will be so many homeless who chose drugs or drink over a home life, but then there are those who just have addictions and don’t know how to get off them and those who have had to run away from home and even those who have lost their homes because of finances, I feel for them. I just don’t understand how they manage to sleep in the cold? Oh ughghrghrghrgh, it makes me shiver.

Tonight, as I sleep in my comfortable bed, with my heating on low, I hear silence out my bedroom window, I will thank my lucky stars. No sounds of destruction, bombs and so on, how lucky I am, and I hope you are lucky too, I hope the change that is coming is a good one, I do find it odd that Europe and the US are going through such changes together, I hope it is a message from our maker, I believe our lives are planned out for us, mapped out. Let’s hope this is to save us all from the hell where we were going.

With love and hope






No comments: