translate

Friday 27 January 2017

CHINESE NEW YEAR BY FIONA CUMMINGS

It doesn’t feel like Friday today. It’s been a mix up week. Hub is really unwell. There is no sign of him getting better. He should have had time off work. With no signs of a holiday this year, I do worry about him working and no play at all. Our weather is funny, it’s not getting cold enough to get rid of germs. It’s very strange. It’s 0 all day and night. Normally, it used to be colder at nights than during the day. But now it’s the same temperature. It’s damp too.

Oh, did I tell you about when I went to a garden centre with my friend and her daughter the other day? Well, I could hear birds and we were indoors. Oh, it made me miss our canary. He was Irish you know? As I said to my friend, we have gone from an Irish canary to an Irish girlfriend of teens. Hahaha. She doesn’t sing as sweet as our Dean did though!

As we walked closer to the bird sounds, I did wonder how my friend’s daughter would react if I suggested bringing a canary back in her car? Well she has a big farming 4x4, so it’s kind of naturey, isn’t it? Hahah. Is that even such a word?
It?
Joking, naturey…

To my disappointment and blonde moment, the sweet sounds was a recording of robins.
Well it could have been worse. I could have been going on about birds and when we got there, the recording was puppies?

Apparently, this weekend is something like national wild bird weekend. So only this weekend are we meant to care for them? Maybe it has something to do with recording how many come to our gardens? Oh, the robin sounds so beautiful and they are. I dream of living in the country with lots of variety of birds coming to my garden.

So, I didn’t come home with a canary, just two lovely plants. Oops, reminds me. Must dash and water them in fact, heck, where did I put one of them? I bought one in a basket. Oops, Now, where? Hahaha. Seriously, this blind thing can be difficult.

Teen didn’t come home all last night. Waited until almost five to tell me where he was. So, no sleep. I feel like someone is poking me in the eyes today. I have a coffee catch up overdue with a friend and I feel so bad as I promised her last week then the start of the week, I promised her again, but next week will have to make it work. I am seeing another friend to and Arty is coming for a catch up. HouseworkShpousework.

As we head into the new Chinese Lunar moon, we learn it’s the year of the rooster. Each year is associated with one of five elements. This year is fire, so those born this year are fire roosters. The last fire rooster was 1957.

So, will all girls born grow to be hot chicks?

I love Chinese proverbs, here are just some of my favourites, and some silly smiles at the bottom.
When you drink the water, remember the spring.
Dig the well, before you are thirsty.
If you don’t want anyone to know, don’t do it.
Teachers open the door, you enter by yourself.
Man, who run in front of car, gets tired.
Man, who runs behind car, gets exhausted.
Man, who keep feet firmly on ground, have trouble putting on pants.
Man, who eat prunes, get good run for money.
Man, who stands on toilet, is high on pot.
Man, who lives in glass house, should change in basement.
I’m sorry to my Chinese Bloggets, but I bet you had a little smile? I hope you have a wonderful New Year tomorrow.

Oh, some great news, at last our LF has put a tiny bit of weight on. Thank goodness. As last time, he had lost some. I did tell Hub that it was because of his free run the day before, and to weigh him on a Friday, so Hub took notice. LF is so skinny.
Later with love


No comments: