translate

Friday 20 January 2017

BROKEN WING BY FIONA CUMMINGS

BROKEN WING
By Fiona Cummings
He came to me with a broken wing
Clouds filled the air with a song to sing
Butterflies danced around the sunbeam
He was the most beautiful boy I had ever seen
Hair of pure gold
A secret never to be told
A silver smile
Only in my heart for a while
Then I was allowed to tell
About this angel who fell
Down from the sky
No questions why
Felt his love
On his palm was a dove
Under his arm a branch
I reached to take it, from him
Where was his, other wing?
I looked into his eyes
They were full of tears
His soul had been around for years
I could read his mind
He was so kind
He was dressed in brilliant white
And could be seen during the cobalt night
like a silver star
shining so bright
he came from a far
to visit me
to show me such love
from his symbol of a tiny dove
but what did I have to give him in return?
To tell him the lesson I had learned?
When I needed someone to care
He would just be there
So much love to share
I asked him one day
When you go away
Where do you fly to?
He looked at me, with eyes so electric blue
I asked him too
Why he had only one wing?
Then above his head appeared a crown like ring
It lifted him up
Like a freshly picked buttercup
He started to smile
He was just a child
Then so beautiful
The sky became so full
White feathers flew
Among a blanket pale blue
The clouds stopped singing
Gentle bells started ringing
Then heavy wings, kissed his face
And he flew away
With two wings, to his place
I hope a playground in the sun
Where he can spend his days, having fun
© Fiona Cummings 2017




No comments: