translate

Wednesday 25 January 2017

DIARY OF THE CAKE PLATE BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. I’m writing this as I’m waiting for two ladies to arrive. We are going to be ladies who do lunch. Hub working from home, and teen at work. I have cleaned the floors this morning but our dogs are kindly sharing their hair as I type. Gosh, don’t they know it’s still winter? Their hair / fir is so plentiful. I groomed Waggs yesterday and four full combs later, I gave up. It just kept coming and coming and she is a tiny dog. I do it outside and leave the fur for the birds to make nests. Now whether they do or not is a different matter? Or does LF eat it for fun. Or should that be fur fun?

I have wound our coocoo clock up in our lounge, it’s the most annoying tick. Really high pitch, I love those ones that are deep. The lady coming today is the lady who has the amazing clock with the most beautiful sound I have ever heard from a clock.

I have written before about our dear friend in America who now lives in Mexico, who is from England. Haha. Confused? Well he also has a clock that was his great Aunts. It has been all over the world. I love the idea of that clock seeing history. With our friend who is now in his late eighties, sitting as a boy near his Aunt, listening to the same clock. I wonder how long our little clock will last? It’s nothing as classy as our friend in the US, well now Mexico’s or my friend who is coming in a few moments. But it was bought with love for a gift for my love… Hub likes it too. Hahaha. Joking. It of course was for him. I would love to be able to afford him a class clock because he too loves clocks. But they are so expensive!

If my little clock lasts, and it gets passed onto our Son, what tales will that tell?

I hope part of me can stay in the clock and watch over my family when I am long gone. I totally believe in things like that.

Did I ever tell you about my porcelain dolls? Oh my. I have a load of them. Gosh do I have time to write this before my guests arrive? In short, as short as a Fifi gets, I bought them many years ago, I loved them. I treasured them. Then I met a weirdo. She was from my church some years ago, when I went to the spiritualist church. She was one of the odd ones. I met some very beautiful people there an then there was Helen.

Oh gosh. Another blog, anyway, I swear she put some sort of blooming curse on my dolls. She was well into spirits that I didn’t like and I’m not talking about whisky.

Some would say she was mad. I’m on the fence about her. But she would look in the mirror and her face, she said, would turn into some man’s name I don’t for many reasons remember. But he was a redIndian. Hmm. Maybe she did, just I have not experienced things like that, thank God. Anyhow, she told me my dolls had a bad spirit about them. Since then they have moved house and stayed in the loft of whatever house I have moved to.

Such a sad thing as they are truly stunning. There are about twenty of them.

Well coffee machine ready for their arrival and cake plate ready too. Then we will be out. So, for now I will leave you and love you. With the image of the changing face. Haha. Hope you are not reading this at night on your own? If so, maybe she was, mad. X

No comments: