translate

Monday 2 January 2017

DIARY OF TAKE HIM HOME BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Well, our outside decorations are down. What a nightmare, because with the winds that we have had, they had tangled around anything nearby. Up ladders, bending and cutting, patience untying ropes and ribbons, from around our outside furniture and hangers. It was so cold, but not the coldest that I have been out there doing decs!

Then for indoors? Oh no, five hours it took us. And the boxes you buy your trees in never are big enough to put them back in. Like us at Christmas, they get fatter. Of course, I’m a glutton for punishment as I had two trees this year. And then there are battery decorations. That need screwdrivers. Well, they went in boxes with batteries, so I can only hope next year the batteries won’t have gone wrong and bad. I hope not as we have some lovely things. We just didn’t have the energy to find the correct screwdriver and take ages trying to undo and do again.

Tomorrow I have my cuddly mouse that has been sitting on Hubs piano waiting for a tune all holiday, he is sad now as it’s time for him to go to hibernate until next Christmas without a song or tune from the Hubster.

We will also put away tomorrow all the candles we have out, they will go into the loft, so Hub will be climbing up there tomorrow into the doom of discovery, trying to find the correct box.

We tried to put the boxes into the garage with the trees in and baubles, but it was so daunting in there. Teen came home from work, he had ninety seconds to get into his gym stuff but spared us ten of those seconds. We had been in the garage about an hour trying to put the boxes in the roof of the loft and he did it in ten seconds. Gosh to have sight?

Just every time we put our hands up on the rafters of the roof, there was already a box. Seriously I don’t know how our roofs are not falling in. with the garage and the loft, as they are all so full.

Teen saw a spare space and bingo, in they went.

I took down my cards and left one out that I think we got from our brother and sister in law. Teens orders to keep it for ever and it is a great idea. It’s a card with our three names on properly printed. Only thing is, I hope it’s the right one? Hahaha. Knowing me, I will have done what my lovely Blogget Donna did some weeks ago, she hung her cards up and looking later rather proudly at her line of cards, realised that she had hung a 20% off coupon up among her cards. Knowing me, I kept out the menu for the Chinese take away.

Our friend came around today for a few hours, brought us some homemade cupcakes, had a chat and headed on her way. Gosh she has some great stories to tell about her life in South Africa and Zimbabwe. It’s a totally different world to what she has now! I saw another friend of mine and oh boy, she looks so sad. She hasn’t been herself for so long. She looks so flat. I need to have time with her on our own so I can get to the bottom of what is wrong with her. I have a feeling I know, and nothing I say will change anything, but even another person to talk to may help her. Some people are funny though, aren’t they? Everything in their world is perfect. Nothing bothers them. Of course, inside they hurt but they keep it there. Bottle it up. To the outside world, they are happy living in their perfect world but we know they are unhappy, all their group of friends know and see what is wrong or at least know there is something wrong, so who are they kidding? Nothing will ever change that person though because no one dares to tell them they have been sussed. Hub makes me bite my tongue. I’m surprised I have a tongue left the amount of biting I have to do.

We have a family situation right now and I’m really really chewing and I’m a vegetarian, smile. One person really needs to hear some truths about another member of the family, but he will not take to it will and every day we are quiet, is a day more than the other person is hurting that man. Without him knowing, so Hub says if he knows, what good will that do because he will never see any wrong in the other person, but it will clear my conscience. I feel so bad for this person, I feel it my duty to help him. It’s very difficult for me to turn a blind eye. Even two blind eyes…

Hub is so the opposite. He lets people walk all over him. I can’t stand it. Thankfully now some others don’t do that because I didn’t bite my tongue over a Hub situation, And Hub said the other day, he is pleased I didn’t. But when I was freely telling those to go to hell and why, he was so annoyed… I have always put other people before myself. I told you before when I saw a little boy when I was four, he was on his own, he was about three. I was so hurt thinking he was lost, I would take him home… That’s what I would do? Well, I took his hand and told him I was taking him home. We walked and walked. Suddenly, I thought, heck, where does he live? Moreover, who is he?

I heard footsteps behind us as we walked down a back lane that was not too desirable. I knew as a tiny child that we were getting followed and that was dangerous. So, I pulled the little boy by the hand and made him run. He started to cry, I told him he would be alright because I would take him home…

The footsteps got faster as did mine and soon, I heard a voice from behind me. As the lane narrowed I realised that there was nowhere to run. I stopped no way I was leaving go of this boy’s hand. I was taking him home…

By now the trees had tunnelled us and in those days, I had sight, but I was partially sighted and with my eye condition, in the dusk, I was almost blind.

I turned. I thought we were gone for, not sure what was about to happen to us, but my lips were trembling and I felt so sorry for this boy because he was lost.

A lady’s voice lent down to me and said.
“Can I have my little boy back now? We were going to the park.””
Oops. I looked to the child, tears running down his face. He looked at me with steely blue eyes and ran to his Mum, after almost pealing his hand from mine. The lady smiled as her Son ran to his Mum and they walked away.

Heck, where was I? How was I going to get home? So, you may wonder how I got home and where was I indeed? Well I didn’t know where I was, and I in the distance, could hear children playing and screaming. I headed towards them. I hadn’t realised but I must have crossed two big roads to get to where I was. There were loads of houses. There was a child cycling towards a more open place, well, I had to go to the park, if I did I would find my way home from there. The park wouldn’t be near loads of houses, it was in the middle of open fields. I tried to follow the bike, he or she would be going to the park.

Each time I turned, I would see cars parked and houses and I knew the park wasn’t in a built-up area.

The child on the bike had long gone so again using my hearing, I followed the screams and laughter.

My little heart was pounding. I was so scared. At last I recognised a shop where we bought our ten pence mix up bags from. So, found my way back.

I was blooming shattered. Smile, all because I thought someone was in trouble. Never thinking how I would be? And I’m the same now, and I get into trouble for it, but so what, don’t care. People shouldn’t be allowed to get away with how they treat people if it’s wrong.

Oh, heck talking of friends, I have one friend who is very religious. And I think she has it in her mind to save me. Hahahahah. From what? Not that last chocolate bar, but something more, well perhaps save me from speaking my mind??? She’s a great friend, but whenever we are alone, she talks to me about God. I love to talk about God. I love people’s opinions their views on their God, some would say our God. But I dare not tell her my opinions. May be that is what she is trying to save me from? My beliefs.

I had a friend many years ago, who tried to do the same. It was a shame we parted, because she was so very very convinced that I had to become a Catholic and I didn’t want to but no wasn’t a word she knew. This friend isn’t a Catholic, just a strong believer. And only her God exists. I don’t want to lose this friend, she is so lovely. But I can’t believe what she does. But I respect her. So, she has to respect me. Of course, Hub thinks it’s funny and tells me I have to go along to her church with her.
I just told my Husband.
Where to go.
And it wasn’t her church.

Shamrock had dinner with us tonight. I will say my views have rubbed off on Teen. And my views are very old fashioned. So not all views have stuck to Teens mind, sadly, but some have and they don’t go down well with Shamrock. Haha. It got a little hot tonight, and it wasn’t the spices in the cooking. I won’t go into what we were talking about, as I will lose more than half of my Bloggets, let’s say they were unusual ones for a lady to have, but for a Teen to have as well? But I stand by them.
As did he.
But Sham wasn’t impressed. But Teen hasn’t learned the signs yet of holding that tongue. It took me thirty-seven years. And I’m still learning.

OK a cup of tea and off to bed. It’s midnight and Teen and Shamrock are still here. Hopefully not another all nighter.

OK, tomorrow, is a new day, let’s hope it’s a great one for you. Yes, you. X

No comments: