translate

Saturday 7 January 2017

DIARY OF DRESSING UP BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good day Bloggets, my dogs are exhausted after their lovely free run for an hour. My Son has left the building, oh my… He has gone for the bus, wearing an Australian flag, an Australian hat with corks and a t/shirt with his friend’s picture on. His friend is in a dentist’s chair… His gf is meeting him later, wearing the same hat, well, not the same, hat, but one like it, would look even more silly two heads, in one.
She is wearing a tropical shirt all flowers and her T/shirt has a picture of the same lad in boxer shorts and a sun hat. Pictures were taken when they had their lads holiday in Greece. The lad, Teens friend is going to Australia. They have got him a costume to wear. A Kangaroo outfit. One lad has a six-foot snake around his neck and the other a crocodile.

Teen also is wearing draped around his shoulders, the Australian flag. I can’t believe he walked all the way to the bus stop like that, it’s a good ten minute walk to the bus the hat is huge. I thought he would go in his jeans and t-shirt then put his flag and hat on when he arrived so all of the pals were dressed the same together but no, he braved it. Good on him.

His friend doesn’t know how many are going. I think there are 23, about 18 boys and five girls. They are getting a train to a town half an hour away. They are doing a pub crawl. God help my nerves. Especially the area they are going to isn’t the best of places, but I hope they have a great time. I suspect Teen will be sad to say goodbye to his friend, he’s a nice kid. He is going to Australia for two years. Oh my, if I were his Mum I don’t think I could cope. It’s at the other side of the world it’s not as if it’s a few hours flying. Once you are there you are there. He doesn’t know anyone out there and he is only 19.

I’m so very cold today, my fingers are numb. The heating is on I just can’t get the house warm. Hub is listening to his sport. He keeps telling me the score of the football. Em. Helllloooo! Like I care? Smile.

We are having a real lazy day, only one day left before work starts for the year. I have about seven poems to write for people for Valentine’s day. I have been asked to give a talk as well for 45 minutes with regards my life. Then 15 minutes of questions. I haven’t agreed yet, but I’m sure I will.

Reading an email today, there is a smart hairbrush out. Hair coach empowers you to track and improve hair health. It sends messages to an app. My goodness, just wash, condition and brush your hair. My dad would have said. Use your loaf. In other words, common sense.

Well, I had breakfast a few hours ago, and I’m starving. I have put on 7 and a quarter lbs this holiday, Hub almost the same. Not good. Breakfast was funny. I put the toast in the machine and it really gets full of enthusiasm when it’s ready, and the toast fly’s out of the machine, luckily never landing on the floor, but today was really funny, as both slices landing on my plate. All that without an app. Smile. Later with love. X






No comments: