translate

Monday 23 January 2017

MONDAYS DIARY OF GOOD MOOD GOOD FOOD BY FIONA CUMMINGS

My Sons muddy boots were removed from our living room, by Hub last night. Put outside. I asked Teen to clean them, outside, not in my kitchen or bathroom. Later Mum. As always, so they were chucked outside. So, this morning, he was getting dressed to go out to meet a friend. I asked him to clean his boots before he left? Later Mum. Now they are back outside as he brought them in last night again, not in my living room this time, but in my hall. Fast forward three hours, he is still out, and the boots are still out. You should see the state of them?

I have loads to do around the house, but I just don’t have the energy. I vacuumed this morning and I took ages to do it afterwards I went into my kitchen only to stand on something crunchy.
Urrr’rrr’rrrghrrrr
So, annoying. Just makes you wonder what else have you missed? I must say, housework when blind is so tiresome. And so, blooming boring. My Hub goes crazy and tells me to chill. When he was with his ex, he used to do the housework, this is why bless him he is so good now, he will do so much and for sure isn’t a male chauvinist, but he says I’m over the top, I know I’m not, so there are people who have much worse houses than I do, but that is far from mine being the most immaculate. Most of my friends who are blind are so house-proud. Our friend JB has a beautiful house. And our friend Like is simply amazing how he keeps his house clean. We do have an acquaintance though who’s house is filthy and I wonder if it would be if he could see? I think so, as I have said just because you can’t see, doesn’t mean you have to have a dirty house, but to have this, it’s blooming hard work, and hard work I’m not prepared to do much longer. I think Hub is right, I need to relax if people find a stain or mark I have missed, I shall direct them to my cleaning cupboard. Haha. Life really is too short to worry about such matters.

Gosh we live not far from a train station. You would think one had just pulled up in our garden. I swear the noise of a train horn just vibrated along my lounge wall and I now can hear it trug trugging by.

Outside is really cold today, a big fat zero and it’s foggy according to the weather forecast. Hub always amazes me because he knows when it’s foggy. How? He says he can smell it in the air!

It’s well after two in the afternoon. I really really don’t know what we are going to have for dinner tonight, I hate this pressure. Hub will be in the house in three hours and rightly so, he should have something made for him and he will, just what? I’m so out of ideas today, a real Monday morning and afternoon mood.

I’m ready for some good news. Something happy and perhaps exciting would be good? I hope your New Year has started off positive? So many people I’m in contact with right now have not had a great start. I just hope there is the rest of the year to go, so lots of room, to pack in the good times.

I was reading an article about the links between nutrition and mental health today.
As you do.
Exercise we are all told is the best thing you can do to to kick the chemicals in our brain and get the endorphins going. Going where? Haha. Learning to breathe slowly and be less critical is also a calming method. Hmm. Something I’m not able to do well. But what we are is what we eat to some degree. So, what foods are good for our minds?

Scientists have recently taught us to understand our gut more. What are you telling me, you haven’t read about your gut today? Well, here we go.

Our digestive system, is responsible for producing a huge proportion of our neurotransmitters, the chemicals that communicate information in our body and brain. There are eight neurotransmitters that affect our happiness. Oily fish, out of the question for me green veg, a must in our house, though I’m so not a fan and dark chocolate. Are just some of the foods we can eat to make our gut factory produce a happy person.

I can’t even remember the words that were used to describe chemicals that are produced released and so on, but basically, processed food is a massive no no, so ditch the processed meats and cheeses as for ready meals? They are poison to our factory floor.

Nuts seeds fresh fruit and veg are a wonderful drug for our body and minds. Medication will always be so important to our minds health; a lifestyle change is as important and can eliminate drugs all together if done correctly. But if you are like me, and are afraid to change, I don’t understand why I’m afraid and I’m sick of analysing myself in life, so to do this would mean more stress on my heart, soul and thoughts as well as bringing up bad memories, so just keep it as simple as possible. Bacon? It’s so bad for you. Make it a special time, so only have it on special occasions like birthdays, if there are four of you in the house and you all like bacon, then four times a year rather than every week? It’s all about what to eat instead of bacon butties for brekkie?

Eggs are good for us, poached, boiled or scrambled. Again, I just can’t deal with eggs. Gosh I’m a total hopeless case? Well, there are baked beans, they are good for us, right? Or canned tomatoes on toast?

Sleep inducing foods are bananas and cottage cheese. I like those. Never thought about them before bed though? Sun dried tomatoes are good for us as well. Yum. Love those too. And chickpeas are really great for us so put them in a curry or casserole? May do chickpeas tonight. Hmm. May make a quick curry actually.

See, you really do live in my life, I decide what to do for dinner by talking with you.

Teen just come in. Cleaned his car. Vacuumed and dusted as well as put his washing in the dryer. Boots still outside, but he will do them, he is in a good mood. Maybe he has had some good foods today? Hahaha. Ps, it’s been a few hours since I wrote this. Just too many interruptions. Oh my. The curry? Oh gosh, it was revolting! Right, will try to publish this now. Later with love.








No comments: