translate

Tuesday 3 January 2017

DIARY OF THE BOY WHO CLIMBED BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good afternoon Bloggets. Well, bitter cold yesterday outside, so of course, we put the heating on.
And it got very hot in our house, so before bed, we went to turn the heating off.
One hour later, we were too hot, the heating hadn’t gone off.
Three hours later, the kids said it was boiling. Hub and I were melting. Hub the plumber, smile, normally can fix anything like that, went to our garage where our boiler is and did something, I didn’t even ask what? As whatever it was, I wouldn’t understand it.

Half an hour later, well, we had tomatoes growing from our radiators. Haha. Oh, gosh it was awful. I had a brain wave, they don’t happen very often, I went around turning the radiators by the tap rather than rely on the system.

By this point it was five in the morning. We had no sleep. Hub got up early to phone the HIVE engineers. Well I’m not sure why we pay some kind of insurance to them as before anyone can come out, it’s seven days. Anyway, Hub has learned that if he does something, he can turn on the heating from the boiler and turn it off. So, like in the olden days. Haha.

HIVE will help us over the phone to fix it, but you need sight. Something we don’t have and we didn’t get under our tree at Christmas. Teen is working until nine tonight and they close at eight.

So, we will have to wait until tomorrow to get him to fix it for us. He will be out with Shamrock all day though because they are both off.

Shamrock left her last job, she has a part time job and is waiting to start her full-time job in March. So, for the next couple of months, she will be free a lot.

I’m writing as Hub is still off work, he has a few days’ holiday left, he is watching a program/drama about Northern France with the refugees trying to get over to England. It’s horrible, I can’t watch it, though it’s interesting, it’s too true. I don’t know why we don’t send in our guys to wipe out the crime out there. The poor girls are being treat so badly. The crime in that part of France is dreadful. This particular story is about a 15 year old girl who shouted out to her Mother who by then was on the boat, and her Mother didn’t even turn around. Oh my God. These people are so different to us. Firstly, this little girl fell as they were running for the boat, she fell and people trampled over her. If she were mine, I would have her hand and not leave go. These people are not like us and these children are suffering because of their outlook on life. As the girl was talking about how she was treat, my earphones went on. Awful. The program is called Silent Witness.

Earlier Hub and I went to put some fresh food for the poor cold birds. Half a coconut filled with seeds and some kind of bird fat. I buy them ready like that and it was funny as I got it with my shopping and thought it was a very oddly shaped turnip. Thank goodness, I didn’t try to peal it?

This time of year, is a bad time for our little feathered friends as there are few buries on the trees for them to eat. It’s important to give them fresh water as well to fluff up their feathers as really, they freeze and I’m sure it affects their flying.

Gosh another cold day but windy too. My Son is going out at the weekend with a load of friends to say bye bye to a friend who is going to Australia for two years. A shame he is a nice guy.

Teen is dressing in a very different way, more on that after the event just in case Teens friend is reading, I doubt it but you never know. Let’s say, he will freeze.

Counting the weeks now until my Teen isn’t a Teen. He will be twenty at the start of March. Gosh, where have the years gone. What happened to my little Darling? Oh, he was the kindest caring little lad. He and I were inseparable. People told me for his sake I had to leave go a little. I fought against it but in the end stupidly gave in to them all and let go and boy he flew. He is the most independent kid of his age and has done so well in life but sadly it has had consequences, selfish though they may be, but I have lost what I had and I have grieved ever since. I am sure there would have been a better way of doing it and why did I listen to others? I never do that. There is a side to my Son now that I never would have believed some years ago, I miss him so much. I can only hope it doesn’t get worse. I wrote years ago, about someone I knew of in Russia who had a daughter, she adored her little girl and went everywhere with her. She was eleven and the lady/Mother gave in to the people around her and told her daughter she could go to school on her own. As each day, she would walk her across the road and hand in hand they would go to school. Well the friends of the lady told her to let go of her daughter and give her independence. Well if you knew the roads in Moscow? Some of them are seven lines of traffic.

Her very first day of crossing the road, the Mother watched her daughter from her window of her flat and saw the nightmare start. As a car ran over her little girl. That poor Mother because of listening to others, lost her little girl. So yes, there are ways of giving independence, but I think as parents it’s up to us how we deal with it and not others. I was so pressured when I split from my ex my little boy was by my side and me his. I took notice, and yes, he is what he is and I’m proud of him, but as I said, I miss him. I want my baby where I can go up to him and give him a hug. He still hugs me when he leaves the house, when he is talking to me that is. But it’s not the same. I miss that Mother Son contact we had where I wasn’t getting pushed away metaphorically speaking.

Oh, this morning a lovely kind friend brought me a homemade quiche. I feel so bad as soon as they left, I put it in the bin. Why? Their house isn’t clean neither is she as she cooks without washing her hands or the kitchen work tops and she has a cat who thinks nothing about sitting next to her whilst she, my friend is cooking. My friend has made a sandwich before and the cat has been there and my friend joked as she handed the cat a small bit of the sandwich. At no time, did she wash her hands. The thing is, she brings me things all of the time. At least every couple of weeks. She also has that awful habit where she sucks her fingers if she gets any food on them whilst serving… I know some of you will just tell her how it is, but she would be so hurt. I am really really not the kind that likes home baked food especially if they are dirty. I have a couple of friends who I’m fine with, sadly they are not so generous with their offerings hahaha. Something has gone wrong there, hasn’t it?

In our news, today twin boys aged two, as a chest of drawers started to fall onto one of the twins, the other one held the furniture up with strength that no one knows how as they were so heavy to save his brother. Wow, their angels were working with them for sure. Boys will climb. And furniture will fall. When our babies are changing into toddlers, the shock of the change is so fast and unexpected. From crawling and appearing very weak, to being able to climb and their brains don’t know what is safe and what isn’t but their brains are telling them to investigate and for boys climbing is fun. Mine was the worst and having no sight, my nerves were stretched. From climbing on his little chair to the small chest of drawers in front of his window, to the windowsill and opening it hanging out of the window, it was locked, but stupidly I left the key in. Just in case of a fire, but never thinking he would be able to climb up there? He was tiny. To climbing within ten seconds up a seven foot garden gazebo, among the prickly roses with thorns, he was so proud. Oh my, I had to approach the flimsy wooden apparatus and gently tell him to stay so very still until I reached up to grab him. Even in his room, I went to the bath room to run his bath. His child gate was closed, not that it made much difference he used to climb over it. But just to run his bath as I didn’t like him in the bathroom as hot water was running as we didn’t have one tap for all water, so the hot was very hot. So, I would start to run it, then come back into his bedroom to get him ready to bathe. Then carry him so I knew where he was. So again, within seconds he did his windowsill stunt. Those small children’s chairs are really a danger.

I still have that little chair, it’s half way up our stairs as we have a little landing and it has a china doll on it. But I won’t ever keep it for a Grandchild. And if our Son is reading this, a grandchild in a few years??? Like five?

And finally, I believe there are beautiful things seen by Astronauts, but they are paid enough not to tell us what they are. Just a thought. X

No comments: