translate

Friday 20 January 2017

DIARY OF A NEW BORN BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Today a big day for America. I wish you all the best of luck and I hope those who doubted your new President will be pleasantly surprised and you can find peace in your hearts and for those who support Trump, I pray you won’t be disappointed. I just hope he will do what’s best for America and in turn, the world. I wish for milk and honey again, with our new Prime Minister, I have hope and again, she is a conservative, and all my life I have been a labour supporter, but dare I say it, I’m leaning now. Just hope she won’t come and push me over. Smile.

Hub working from home today. Teen off work still in bed, goodness knows if he is still sleeping, as Hubs voice on the phone fills the house.

Well, my treadmill? I have put on 3 lbs. Gutted but not surprised. It happens every time. This is why I have to look upon exercise as just to keep me moving. Mind you, we moved earlier. Wags and I went to the local shops. Gosh, I met a lady I see often who every time she sees me coming, mutters words. Same words. “Marvellous. Wow, absolutely marvellous.”
Then I approach her as she is always standing in the way, and she has to tell me to my face how she thinks we are marvellous. Why? What have we done? Have we rushed into a raging fire and saved a family? Have we skied through danger against the elements to rescue trapped people? Have we performed an operation to save a baby? Have we campaigned and protested sleeping rough in the wilds to save animals? Nope, we have simply gone to the shops. It’s not easy I need strength to be able to do it, my little Waggs has worked really hard to be trained, and is a working dog whilst out with me, but I wouldn’t say we were marvellous. Waggs is clever and so good for doing what she is doing, after all, she is a dog, she should be either in the wilds or cuddled and chase her toys, she does, but when the harness is on, she works and she is rewarded, but we are not marvellous. And this lady, insists on linking my arm. Hahaha. She also strokes my hand and says over and over again, how marvellous I am in a very loud voice. It’s really embarrassing but she means no harm so no way I am going to be rude to her. I just tell her every time, we are not what she says and we did what we do because there is no choice. At least she leaves go as I go around our shop, with an assistant which to be honest is also funny because today, he didn’t know where a couple of the items were, so I had to point and show him. Staff have done this before and we just laugh. It’s like when I went out with my friend and she always forgets where she has parked her car but like a homing pigeon, I show her. She thinks it’s great and tells her friends. It really amuses me we are blind but can guide the sighted. Smile.

In London, the river Thames has had a WWW II bomb removed by the Royal Navy.
After all these years? There is silt in the bottom of the river and traps whatever, and items get buried.

Ready for some riddles?
The more you take, the more you leave behind. What am I?
Come on, think about it? Smile. Answer?

Footsteps.

What is harder to catch the harder you run?

Answer?

Your breath.

Tomorrow an adventure I hope not too adventurous for Hub and myself, on a train to see our friends. It’s not a long journey just a couple of stops then seven minutes to where we need to be. Seeing our school pals Trix, JB, Trace, Like and Hanz. I just hope Waggs is a good girl and gets on the train with intentions of getting to our seat, rather than helping the cleaning staff out by clearing the floors never minding that people are getting their feet vacuumed by the not so electric Waggatail.
And I hope that LF will not deposit an amount on the station… At least Hub is a good boy. Haha. And then there is me. A new born foal. Later with love. X



No comments: