translate

Wednesday 11 January 2017

DIARY OF THE REMEDY BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good morning Bloggets. Oh, my I went to bed at about half two this morning and though I was sleepy, the noise of the wind outside really kept me awake, just after writing a blog about how grateful I was that I have a nice bed in a safe place and could listen to silence outside whilst going to sleep. Suddenly the wind just came from nowhere. Oh wow, it was wild but when I checked the weather as you do approaching 3. A.M. it didn’t suggest the wind was a problem, but going out there this morning, it has been a problem.

Oh, gosh yet another challenge. All of our recycling bins have spilled over, this is another reason I hate those stupid boxes rather than a big single bin. All those daft boxes have now gone where? I have been out there to try to find them. Not a chance. I even took the long-handled brush to try to help as I can cover more land, but no way. The worst bit is, there are sharp things plastic, how on earth can I let Waggs out safely? She went to the dog run before I knew what it was like out there. I learned as I took her. The box I keep all the dog brushes, bags and cleaning products for the run, well that is still there, but the lid is missing. I text teen at work to ask for his help in his break. He said he would take a look, thank goodness for him. If his
Dad was here this morning, bless Hub he would have got up earlier and sorted it out, but when the big man is away, the bigger man has to play. Smile, playing at chasing rubbish. In fact, if Hub had been here, he would have got up during the night, but there was no way I was going out there on my own at silly hour. Gosh I could be murdered and no one would know… Oh I just hope we can find the lid off the dog box. It’s new and it is a pain to buy such things, not like we can carry it home in a rucksack? Smile, everything we buy has to fit in a rucksack obviously, we don’t have a car, we use busses and we need one hand to hold our dogs harness and the other just to open doors, put our hand out to make sure where we are or just to feel for a seat on the bus. Also, we have to give our dogs hand instructions like the commands keep in and over. I need to grab Waggatails lead at times just to correct her wondering mind, you hold the lead in your right hand and give it a tug saying a firm no. That works with my girl.
For forty seconds.

Talking of Waggs, it was funny on Monday when Hub went to work after a generous holiday. Obviously, he took Little Fella with him and as predicted, Waggs slept all day, catching up on time when her little brother wanted to play all day. But her reaction to him when they came in from work was funny.

She didn’t want to know him. She really sulked. He came up to her when she was sat next to me and I was stroking her head, she was loving it and I felt his face go to kiss her. They are so cute they touch mouths, never lick, just gently touch mouths. Well, she was having none of it. Her neck almost snapped off as she turned it in fury. Totally avoiding eye contact with him. Later on, she lay in front of the fire on the rug and he went to her and she got up and went to her bed. I felt so sorry for him. It was like, what have I done? Well it wasn’t his choice his Daddy went to work.

Normally when LF has been away for a couple of days, they sleep in the same bed but not Monday night. Also, when LF comes in from work, she waits for him at the door, not Monday night this week, then they go in the garden and play like crazy pups. Not Monday, she really didn’t want to know him.

Well, last night I put her bed in our dog cupboard, yes, nowhere for the mops and vacuums, but we have a dog cupboard… Leaving his bed out as his bed is the best one. I say his because he claims it and even if Waggs gets in there first, you can hear the shuffling as I go up the stairs, he doesn’t even wait until my bedroom door is closed. He bullies her to get out of his bed. I many times turn around on the stairwell and come down to see what the fuss is about to find LF in the comfy bed whilst poor Waggs is standing with her little head really low as if to say, it’s not fair… I make him get out and put her in, just because I don’t like bullies, but then I feel awful because he really always does as he is told and looks so very cute whilst doing it, he knows how to make me feel guilty. You may say get another bed like LF’s? Haha, you have no idea how many beds we have bought at one time I went to the pet shop and bought three identical beds, those were the days when we had three dogs, only one original left now and that is the Wagging one. The bed Waggs has is really nice, in fact for hygiene I prefer it, but LF’s is really thick and fleecy. They’re a nightmare to get the hairs off. The one Waggs has is great, you just sweep the hairs off with your hands then clean the floor. It’s a bit like a raincoat material. It’s really big and it half’s, but that is big enough for little Waggatails, so she has a really nice bed, but LF’s is the other side of the green grass.

Well at least our post box outside is still standing, just been out to see if it’s there. Waiting for something important to come in the post, so far nothing. If I don’t receive it by tomorrow, I’m going to have to get on the phone. It was meant to be sent out last Friday, the whole process has been simply challenging something I wished I had never started, but let’s see the result tomorrow, as I say, I’m just glad our box is still there. I would love to make it secure to the ground, but that involves yet more money to pay someone to do the job and right now I just can’t be bothered to go through more searching. I wish we had a handy man. Where we live now, there are two kinds of people. Well off, but like to keep their money, so will do jobs themselves, or people who don’t want to work. There is no one just wanting to earn a bit of cash. Enough to do handy work.

I really wanted a vegetarian bacon sandwich today for breakfast. Couldn’t turn on our stupid cooker. Gosh, I can’t wait for that thing to break. I know my Hub would say buy a new one if I really insisted, but, it’s not broke so I couldn’t. It’s the hob with a flat platform, which feels like glass but it’s porcelain, the side of the flat sheet has the dials on it, but they are touch buttons. With sensors. Well, I can’t feel a thing, sometimes it’s great, I can turn it on with ease, but then there are days when I can spend so much time trying to just gently push all over on the right of the hob and no way, it won’t go on. I must say, most times when I do get it on is when I put a pot out of the oven on top of my hob, so most times it turns on is when I don’t want it. It beeps when it’s getting switched on. Gosh, steady designers, that helps us blindies. I want a big old fashioned cooker, one with proper dials, knobs that you turn and they click each turn and don’t continuously turn like some microwaves now days. We need to know a start and a stop and a rough estimate what number we have it on. Hub is better than me by a mile with the hob, but he can get one ring on, and what number? Who knows, when he feels heat, he says it’s ready, you can imagine what it’s like making a huge Christmas dinner? Thank goodness its only once a year. When I make a Sunday dinner, for my Bloggets out of the UK this is a dinner with meat for those who eat it, typically roast beef and we cook lots of vegetables with mash potatoes and, or, roast potatoes with good old Yorkshire puddings. Yorkshire puddings are plain flour, eggs milk and salt to taste poured into a boiling hot tray with what we call lard. I use a vegetable fat. Some people use cooking oil, but I don’t like that I don’t think they cook as well. Once in the oven it’s best not to open it until they are ready so they rise. Well how I cook the big dinner is ridiculous. Because we can only work one ring at a time, I have to quarter cook one thing, then the next, and then the next pan, so restricting just how many vegetables we can do. Then fully finishing something to be blooming microwaved. But we do it and it’s always delicious.

Oh, I am pleased to say our heating came on this morning. Few, double few! I did what I had to do on my phone to switch it on, waited, it took a few seconds and then the sound, wow, thank goodness, yesterday I couldn’t get warm when it was off. Today I had to pop to the garage and so on and was dreading going out in the cold as once I get cold in the mornings, I’m cold all day. I put on my lovely kind of jacket, some would say it’s a cardigan, but it has no buttons and is really heavy long and nice and baggy on me. My friend bought it for me for Christmas, I love it. To my delight, the weather wasn’t as wild as it was during the night as I was out with Wagga, if it had been windy, I wouldn’t be able to hear. We only needed to post a letter, so not far at all. I went to the cheat box, rather than the one I normally go to. I don’t like this box near us, as it’s so hard to find. Waggs walks me close to it, but doesn’t put her nose on it like she does the one far away, I don’t blame her as it’s awful. It’s really rusty and in a shrubbery which is prickly. I don’t know how the postman manages to empty it, without a hedge trimmer.

Hub has aftercare tomorrow, hahahahaha. I’m laughing because he teased me when it was my turn. I have told you before, not many people like it, Hub refers to it like resitting your driving test. It’s where someone from Guide Dogs comes out to see how your dog is and see if you are doing what you should be and keeping your independence. I’m sure our lovely Guide Dog instructor would say, it’s to see how you and your partnership are doing and if there is anything she can do to help. Haha. And that is the other reason, the last time she came to me, a few weeks ago, gosh she really did help me. She did more for me than I have ever had for any other GDI. Plus, she is lovely, I really like her a lot as does Hub, so he will be fine.
I still will tease him though when he comes in tonight… Or do you think that won’t be a good time, after a three hour train journey?
Yeah.
why not!! !
hehehehehehe

Well, tidied up this morning, and it was floor mopping day, so I went around all the edges with the tube off the vacuum and found a few things that were missing, haha. Then took my wonderful mop, I have an electric one, but that is only good for general but today was the weekly scrub and this is an old fashioned mop with a rough bit in the middle where if you see a stubborn stain, you use that part to clean it with. I just use it in corners and edges. If I have any stains on the tiles, tough… I can’t use a tiny bit on my mop to do my 22 feet kitchen, my 17 feet dining room and so on. I used to get on my knees and use a cloth. That is the best way of cleaning, but with my stupid knees, I wouldn’t dare. Talking about my knees? Oh wow, my friend triggered this off last night as she asked how they were bless her, then funny enough, my other friend on FaceBook asked me in a message. So here is the answer.

Gosh, if only you knew the pain I have gone through with them. Thirteen months ago, just after I fell was the time I hurt my other knee. Same way I hurt the first one two years before. Falling outside. And when a Fifi falls, a Fifi, falls big time.
The earth shook as did my nerves after the last fall that was on the main road as a van just missed running over me. The pain got worse and worse and on our last holiday, after three days, I really couldn’t walk. It was as if the top of my knee was coming away from the bottom. Like it had splintered or a shard of glass had gone through it. Long and short, pain killers, of all kinds didn’t touch the pain. I woke up during the night and I couldn’t move, my knee had locked and no way it was going anywhere. It was excruciatingly painful. It really got me down. The Doctors were rubbish, that didn’t surprise me. Well Christmas was like age UK in our house, especially after Santa had been. What with my Velcro bandage Hub bought me with the whole in the knee part of the material, scientifically it has been proven, that you have to let your knee breathe or something, not sure, Hub is the expert, he should be the amount of stuff he has bought me this year for aches and pains, hahah. Well one of the gifts was a bottle of a potion. Hub said it’s an old remedy that they used to use for knits. What? I exclaimed as he was telling me through a door and shower door, with running water as I washed my hair. Feeling my hair just to make sure what I was about to say was real, haha. “I don’t have nits you cheeky thing?”” (Nits/Headlice)
He laughed, and said. No, they used this oil in the old days to knit bones together. For my English students, the word is pronounced the same, but they are totally different words. That silent K, like KNIFE. We say it as nife, starting with the sound N. But it is a silly English way of words where the K is silent. Why blooming has it then? Anyway, he didn’t mean nits the lice that some people have in their hair, but knit with a K, as in knitting your bones together. Really? Hmm. I used the bottle every night, the first night, gosh, the pain halved. Well, pure coincidence. Night two, I woke up in agony, but hang on, I went to sleep without pain. That was the first night in a year. I put the oil on and no, it was rubbish, as my knee hurt all night, but I was ready to try anything as the pain killers were not working, and I had tried a lot of different kinds.
Night three, I went to bed, the pain was as bad as ever, putting on this joke of oil, it didn’t have any smell or heat from it. After fifteen minutes, no pain, just a niggle. It can’t be the oil?

Hub said he did loads of research and it worked for so many other people. Well, it’s been two weeks and my knee is dare I say it, so much better. Don’t get me wrong, it is still so bad it makes me feel sick, and it’s still burning, but it’s 40% better during the day and 60% at nights. Is it the oil? What is it I hear you shouting?

Ready for my remedy? And I’m not even going to ask you to click onto anything and read another 22 pages to learn of the answer, only after you pay me money, smile. This is what it is called.
Comfrey oil.

Turmeric is also a great supplement to take to prevent scar tissue and inflammation as well as stretches ligaments.
Oh, get me… My Son is into all things natural and herbal, his dream job would be to open a health shop. I wish I had the money to start him off on his business, he would be so successful.

Talking of our Son I will have to go and prepare dinner. Chicken Kiev, chips and salad tonight. Just the chips and salad for me. Until later, stay well. X

No comments: