translate

Monday 30 January 2017

OH NO NOT THE D WORD? BY FIONA CUMMINGS

Good evening Bloggets. Well today wasn’t what I expected. Hub has had tooth ache all weekend but last night it developed into much worse of an agonizing pain into his jaw and all up his face. During the night, his teeth hurt top and bottom. I called the Dentist at ten to nine this morning and we were asked to go at ten to eleven. Me too… It’s been just over a year since I was last there. I hate the dentist and if there is nothing wrong, why go? But to be on NHS dental care, you have to go every year to keep your name on the NHS list. Hub hasn’t been for longer and he was cancelled. Well, Fifi had to use her charm as if we are not allowed to go to this dentist, it’s a bit of a nightmare as our local one is a twenty minute walk from here, so easy to get to.

Some huffing and puffing later lots of buttons pressed on her computer and she came back to me saying because I was just out of the year, I could come, and because Hub is, well, my Hub, hahaha, he can tag along. As for Teen? He had to phone up today if he wanted to remain. Well I have told Teen and not on your nelly is he going, so when he has a problem in the future, he will have to pay hundreds. Kids. They think they are grown up, but act like kids. He said he doesn’t eat sugar and cleans his teeth at least twice a day. And?

Waggs was glad to be out working and lead the way. She knows this route so well. R o u t e, not root as in filling.

As we walked along the dreaded polluted road, passing by the spiky shrubs that are coming to life for their attacking season, going along the long stretch and passing by the monkeys in the zoo. Weaving in and out of the shops and under the awful steps and then passing by all the car parks. Finding the tactile to cross the final road and headed towards the post box and bus stop. Into the building and up the steps. Three lots of them. Waggs was so good, she headed right for the door and there are loads of doors but she knew which one to go to. She did so well. I think it is the first time Little Fella has been there he was so sweet, just following and for sure he could remember that again on his own. Through the door right to the counter and the receptionists are really good there, very professional and so sweet.

Waggs was so well behaved. Owner in shock dot com.

Not good news for Hub. Flipping not for me either. I felt perfect before I went in. Turns out I need a filling. Really? I told her I had no pain, she said we like to catch it before there is pain. Spotty botty, not impressed.

So out of there, the receptionists asked us if we wanted the lift button pushed. We said no it’s fine, we will go down the stairs as we left, I could feel them watching as if to say. Heck, they are going to tumble. Haha. Hub as ever walked with confidents me? I’m a wreck when it comes to steps. Found the top of them, then I was fine, but I hate the thought of missing that top step and, well, not good.

Out into the air and around around and around each corner to get back on track home. Calling in at the chemist for Hubs prescription. A van delivering products to one of the shops parked right across the part we cross at. But Waggs managed to go off the kerb and back on at the other side.

It was a lovely day sunny even. As we got home, I was shattered. Pure concentration. Waggs and LF was waiting for a treat, they both did so well.

Poor Hub is really not too well. He is in work tomorrow though. I hope he is feeling better.

Our lovely friend brought more baking around, she is going to have us the size of houses. You have no idea what she brought today? Gosh it is so very posh and must have cost a fortune to make. Chocolate, cream, cherries, sugared fruits, cranberries and chocolate orange slices. Gosh, she even brought a pot of cream. I had a small amount without the cream. Hub wasn’t able to eat dinner tonight, even though I offered to make him something soft, but he managed to sample a whopping bit of cake. With cream.

An exhausted Teen had an early start at half six, but is at the gym now then a night in with Shamrock. I feel so sick with pain for Hub I hate it when he isn’t well. This is the worst I have ever seen him, it’s even worse than his Trigeminal Neuralgia! How on earth he is going to work tomorrow? I called the dentist back to see if they can fit him in earlier than next Monday. No. Because it has to be the same dentist as who saw him. And she only works on a Monday and Tuesday and tomorrow she is full. Have you ever? Thing is, she told him, he may lose his tooth. Nice, it’s his front one? Well, all that needs to go now is his blooming hair. Hahaha.

So money less as we have to pay for the NHS dentist, but it’s less than half what it would cost for private.
I think it’s going to be a long night. X

No comments: