translate

Thursday 26 January 2017

JUST TELL YOURSELF BY FIONA CUMMMINGS

Good day Bloggets. My guests arrived yesterday and we exchanged gifts. It was a lovely day. Just nice to be out and have a good chat. I love people listening, smile. Just to see how the other half live. I’m genuinely interested in other people’s lifestyles. My friend said yesterday, I have lots of novels in me. Well, publishers, are you listening? I think the reason of that is because of two things,, one I have had a very different life to the norm. And two, I do like to hear what people say, then, my imagination works overtime.

Hub left LF with me today, he is a happy little Fellow, or using his name, Fella! But right now, he is doing an impression of a lion. He’s all noise as he has a puncture mark on the back of his neck which we wonder if Waggatail did? Gosh, shameful. But if anyone has to do that to my boy, I would rather it be Waggs than a strange dog. Our dog walker told me an interesting thing, she takes the dogs on a field dedicated to dogs, and there are always loads of dogs on there. Only this week, we learned that our two, play with each other rather than mix with other dogs. Sometimes, they wait at the gate if they see a dog they recognise, but in general, they run around and chase one another.

Yesterday Teen brought me a gift of sweet and salted popcorn. As I reluctantly ate it, as not a fan of sweet mixed with salt, I learned it was rather interestingly tasty. Teen then read the bag as he had one too and he is all into his calories. He told me one bag and they are not big bags, are almost 500 calories. Oh my. One bag?
So, I ate them faster, not to put so much weight on. Thinking my built-in calorie counter would be asleep.

I had a sandwich when I went out for lunch and apart from the bag of popcorn, an apple. So, I guess I was OK.

Not sure how much longer I can put up with these dogs? I got a load of their toys out for them and of course, they want the same toy. And they tease each other with what they have. Oh Teen is coming downstairs, he always plays with them, so they will love that.

Today was meant to be the coldest so far. Not sure just been out with the dogs and although it’s not warm enough for me to groom them, I didn’t think it was that bad. I stood on something not so pleasant. I hoped it wasn’t doggy doodles. I stupidly reached down to touch it to see if it was just a slimy leaf? I know. I did say stupidly, but there is soap and hand wash in the house. And I did have another hand to open doors with and turn taps on. Well, the substance wasn’t a leaf.
It wasn’t doggy doodle either, as quite frankly, there was no odour.
So, what was left? Oh my. A worm? Snail? No, it was soft. So, a worm?
So, I kind of wished it was doggy doodles! Teen wonder is off work today and I will get him to look. Of course, if he says there is nothing there? ? ?
Well it moved! Feeling grossed out right now!

Soon it will be the season to garden. Great, I dread that time of year. We were so tempted last year to just concrete the whole lot and just have some pots. It’s quite funny, I have a lovely friend who has a memory like a Siv. She took my hanging basket last year and said she was going to fill it for me this year. Hahaha. Not sure I will see that basket again bless her. It shocks me people’s memories. I know mine isn’t as sharp as it was and Hubs is getting worse and I know that worries him as in meetings, he relies on his memory. Is it a society thing? Is it using the computer and phone screens do you think?

Yep, my dogs have two minutes of madness left, the noise is getting louder. The bells around their necks are representing a heard of goats. Interesting, Waggs just told LF off, she barked really loud. Something she hardly does. Bless him, he ran to his bed, but if she was telling him off because he had the toy she wanted, it didn’t quite work as he is frantically chewing on it as I type. But he has been told off by a grumpy little Wagging one.

Talking to a friend who moved abroad with her boyfriend, she said she misses her friends and family the most. It hurts her when there are weddings she can’t attend. Birthdays and so on. She misses having dinner with her parents. I for one couldn’t even imagine leaving my parents to move abroad. I think it’s very selfish. Your parents are not going to be there most of your adult life. There will be plenty of time to move when they are gone? Unless your parents are very young of course. My friend has lost most of her friends in the UK because out of sight out of mind, for them anyway. For her, she pines for them, an yet she has a much better life in the USA. Her job is amazing and her pay is better. She is suffering from having to admit she has lost or is losing her pals from school days and early career. She said it’s almost like grieving. But she has made lots of new friends.

It’s funny isn’t it how we progress if we move abroad or just a different area of our own country? For motivation, we seem to grab at the new handlebars of life and force ourselves to live a more productive life.

Reading up on some fashion articles today, the trench coat is back in fashion. Yack. Sorry, I will remain old fashioned if that is the case. This spring white shoes are back in too. You know I used to love them and I bought some last year, see, I was ahead of fashion by a year… But somehow, I just don’t know about white shoes for ladies over forty. I will wear mine this year again, but goodness knows what I look like?

Now, finally, affirmations. I read a long time ago that we should repeat sentences to ourselves every day. And an article reminded me of this subject today. It’s said we become what we believe and to believe what we want to become, we must tell ourselves words to connect our unconscious minds with our conscious mind. If someone tells you that you look thinner, you may believe that. If someone tells you that you look younger, you will have a smile upon your face for the rest of the day. So why not tell yourself that? You’re beautiful have a great day.







No comments: