translate

Friday 31 May 2019

HEAR TODAY SONG TOMORROW BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good day Bloggets.

What a morning. Well yesterday I booked a taxi to take me to the medical centre. As I have not been to this one before. I’m too disoriented to work Waggatail as my hearing was so bad. The worst it’s ever been.

 

Last night when we were out with friends as they asked about me getting them fixed. Ears that is, I told them I was off today and they kindly offered to drive me there. I always feel bad about people doing things for us. We never ask for help and I wouldn’t have asked. But they offered. I did suggest I got the taxi there and they picked me up, but they said no they would do both. Bless them.

 

So, cancelled taxi and got in my friends car. We drove for fifteen minutes. Stood for ages in this new place I have never been. Lots of muffled sounds coming from the receptionist’s mouth. Breathing heavy and so on. I had that sinking feeling. Bodies were coming at me. They expect me to move out of the way and normally I would but because I can’t hear them, it’s tough.

 

“Sorry, it doesn’t look like we have you down for here.””

 

No, you have, I replied. No, we haven’t she said. Well, I asked where should I be as it says Lilly lane. Oh, she replied. There is another medical centre with the same name…

(How stupid is that)

So off to the car, drove by now I was late. Got to the other building me thinking if I had come by taxi and he dropped me off at that other place, I would have been well stuffed. So, in we went. It was a nicer place than the other awful centre I went to. I gave my name. she made the same sounds as the other lady. Then she said the dreaded words.

“oh, no, we don’t have you down here. It’s the other place you need to be.””

My friend said well we have just been there they said come here. She replied well it must be the other side of the building. But, now Bloggets, get this, she continued…

“I don’t know how you will get there!!!””

If it’s the other side of the building, she works there, how on earth does she not know how I would get there? She then asked me such a funny question.

Wait for this one…

“Is it the Cardiologist you are after?””

Say whaa’aat?

Hey love, I know I’m mahoo’oosive, but there’s nout wrong with me heart…

Hehehehehe. No, I replied. My heart is fine, it’s my ears.

Oh, she replied. If its your ears, it will be with Sharon.

So, she presumed it was my heart? Oh my God…. it was the funniest thing ever.  But it was only funny, after I learned that actually I did have an appointment and it was at the right side. That was after we went to the wrong building.

 

Well we sat and waited only half a minute. Went in there was an adorable student sounded Indian by her accent. She was so sweet. Indian people are so good when it comes to blind people. So caring. Just need to get them to like our dogs now, smile, but I didn’t have my Waggatail today. The nurse who did my ears was great she said it was the easiest job ever but my ear canals are so tiny. Well something is, why can’t it be my waist though?

 

Seriously, as she unblocked me, I floated to the ceiling. Few, I was so pleased it wasn’t anything worse that meant I couldn’t hear right again. But I will say, my tinnitus is worse than it was before I went deaf. She said there wasn’t a cure for that which I knew, but she said you can get a hearing aid, that I could wear at night time, as there is nothing worse than trying to sleep when all you can hear is screaming. It sends out white noise that I wouldn’t hear but blocks out tinnitus. Now, I’m not going for that, not yet, but for those who didn’t know about it, she, the nurse said they are fantastic and really work.

 

So, I have a screeching in my ears, but I can hear again but I wouldn’t say my hearing is as good as it was. She did say it may take until tomorrow. But I’m so grateful. And I hope one day there is a cure for everyone who can’t hear as this ten day have been so hard. I’m still dizzy she said it would be like this until tomorrow.

 

I went back to my friends as she kindly asked me if I wanted a coffee. We had a lovely chat without stress of me being able to hear her. Such a lovely person, a lovely couple.

 

Hub is working from home and he said that Waggatail cried the whole time I was out. Haha. Poor baby. I swear they worry about us when we are out without them you know. I bet she thought, how is Mummy managing without me?

 

Well it’s a beautiful day. The sun is shining. The warmth coming through our windows is appreciated. There is a gentle breeze and the birds are singing. And. I can hear them.

 

I come from a beautiful part of England called Northumberland. It’s really Gods country. Fresh air, beautiful beaches. Stunning countryside. Castles, history, the best shops, lakes, ponds, rivers magnificent bridges stone walls, churches and miles and miles of green, woods forests and so on. But what we also have there is clean fresh water. So pure. So, when I moved to this city, I was shocked to find we have hard water. It doesn’t taste as nice, and worse, it ruins your clothes, fading them and forget having a kettle or iron for over a year. As for washing machine? We are onto our third in seven years. It stains tiles in the bathroom and I could go on. Is there anything we can do about it?

 

A water softener is what you can buy and though some cost thousands, you can buy some for a couple of hundred. But you have to keep the maintenance up and buy salt tablets for it. The main awful thing about water softeners is for every 1000 gallons of water you use; 100 gallons are waisted. This is a huge amount of waste.

You have to know what size of softener you need. So how many bathrooms are in your house and how many people are living there. But there are some that are easy to use and some that you quite frankly need a degree in chemical engineering to use. Regeneration is something else you should consider you can get automatic or manual softeners.

 

Something I was reading about earlier was foods that build lean muscle. So, firstly can you get fat muscle???

 

Apparently eating certain foods can make you work harder. Burn off more fat, and tone your body more easily.

 

So, you have to exercise and eat well if you just exercise, you won’t get the body beautiful…. Body beautiful?

 Body not bad would do me!

 

 What should we eat to get lean? Foods that contain a high amount of proteins can help you build muscles but fats and carbs are also good sources of energy.

 

First food no good for me. Lean beef. Hmm. I won’t bore you with the benefits of that, but there are loads. Eggs. Again, loads of benefits especially the yolk of an egg. Salmon, again no good for a vegetarian. Chicken breast. OK, this is serious now, no wonder I’m not lean, right? Hahaha. Ok, now we are talking. Beans…. Yes, yes yes. At last. Something I can eat and I love all kinds of beans, oh, well, apart from broad beans.

Kidney, black beans and pinto are the most popular that are good for us.  Oatmeal. Cottage cheese. Peanuts, foods with carbs are bananas, pineapples and nuts.

So now we know. Hahaha.

 

What are you all up to this weekend? I’m out over the weekend not sure where it depends on the weather, but we are meeting up with my lovely friend Girl Friday. Love her she is adorable. Our dogs are going for a free run they will love that too. One lovely person I know is going to a vine yard tomorrow that is local to me. I never even knew about it until recently when they said that was what they were doing… somehow it doesn’t have the same appeal as somewhere like the south of France… oh how I love that place. I wish we were going back this year.

 

I have received a couple of emails from my readers asking why I no longer publish what groups I have been asked to join of late? Apparently, some of you found them amusing. Well most have been normal, until this morning I came across this.

Multiple Chemical sensitivity group.

O

K

Em, I’m not joining that one. Not today anyway.

 

I have been asked to write about ways of helping us to be calm. So that is my next home work for you. We can de stress together in my next blog.

 

And finally, a link that sounds promising, but we once again are right at the start, but this seems like it may work for all kinds of RP, so everyone. And that would be the best thing ever. Here goes, new country in the so-called race. I just wish someone would run a bit faster and win!

 


 

 

 

 

No comments: