translate

Wednesday 8 May 2019

VISITORS IN THE LOFT BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Well Bloggets, what a past few days. We have our furry not so friend back. This time I think she has used our loft as a safe warm maternity ward. There is more than one mouse, I fear it could be rats. They are hyper. All last night after a long day of constant running around in our loft, they played. I had no sleep because they were too close for comfort. My neighbour had a rat in her garden, it was nesting, when she would go outside it would sit on the compost heap and look at her. No fear at all of her. I really pray it’s no relatives of that thing. Mice can cause so much damage and the noise it’s making it’s as if it’s coming through the ceiling. I imagined I would be dropping off to sleep and it would make a hole and drop on me. Oh, the thought of it. Thing is, it could be looking at me, what if it gets in the house, I wouldn’t be able to see it. It makes my skin crawl.

 

Scratching all night, and that was just me. Haha. Well last night Hub went into the loft to place a humane trap up there. It was funny, he asked for some chocolate. I told him I had none, he replied as he started to go to the kitchen, I know you have one small bar left, as his hand touched the fridge, I shouted no, stop, honestly, it was as if I was a Police woman I just needed to finish by saying, put your hands in the air?

 

“You’re not having my chocolate, that is my last bar!”” he replied don’t be daft, I will cut off the smallest amount off the end, no, it’s small as it is. Use that vegetarian turkey?

So, he did.

But our mice/rats weren’t tempted. So, I think it’s going to be my chocolate tonight, but at least my Son will be home, so when Hub goes up there, having said that, there will be many doors in between Hub in the loft, and my son, as there was for me last night.

 

He asked me if I would help him?

Is he for real? He wanted me to tap the ceiling where we thought the mouse was playing the most. As it was a long way from the loft hatch. I told him no way he was going to walk across the loft slats, he could fall and break his leg. Then who would help him as no way I was going up there. BW was at Shams. Our dogs would run a mile if they saw one. I need a cat, but one that is trained please to chase the mouse/rat out of the house and once it’s out there, I need the cat to corner the creature and terrify it so it will never return. As I don’t want a cat to teas and slowly kill a creature on my carpet.

 

Two of my friends kindly offered to help me out.

One lives in America

The other Canada.

But you know what, bless them, if they lived in England, they still would have offered.

 

We also have a broken boiler. Hub has fixed it so many times and it’s worked for a short while, but he went to do his magic at six this morning and sadly it only lasted as long as to give him a shower. Normally we get 24 hours out of it. He has to turn taps and all sorts of things. So now I have no hot water again, already, and no heating. It’s freezing out there. I was out and it was pouring with rain.

 

We have a plumber coming out but not until Monday. I’m dreading the bill as he said it didn’t sound good over the phone. He wants us to trace where the water is leaking from. Well that will have to wait until Friday night as Hub is working all day then he will come home be in for twenty minutes then we are going out to the theatre tonight and tomorrow he is in our capital. Friday he is working from home, I think. But he will be busy all day it will have to wait until night time. I am rubbish at things like that. Hub is our plumber and electrician. But obviously, he’s not a professional. The Plumber was on the phone yesterday asking me to look at the ceiling to see if there were any water marks? Oh, well, I didn’t want him to know I was blind, so I told him no, but I hope I am sure in fact, that if there were, my Son would have told us.

 

Oh, it was so embarrassing though, as when he asked for my area, I seriously couldn’t remember it.

Gosh can you imagine that? My brain just froze. I was thinking, no, I don’t live there anymore. Where do I live? The silence was so long. I sounded like some kind of fraud. I gave him my door number, then thought that would help with my street name?

Nope

I ended up telling him the address of a house I lived in two houses ago.

Oh gosh, I am sure there is a part of my brain that has died. I then started to tell him the shops that I lived near. Hahahaha. As if that would help the poor guy? OK, didn’t want him to know I was blind, but he for sure would have thought there was something wrong with me upstairs!

 

I did eventually remember my address. Hahaha. You know when something seems to take forever and it seems like longer than it really was? Well, that wasn’t the case in my situation. It was every bit as long as it was in my head, in fact, longer.

 

He just laughed.

I cringed.

I’m traumatised. I can’t understand how that happened. I think I am needing fresh fruit juice. I just told him I had a long day…. And that is why a person of my age forgets where she lives? Yeah.

 

I had a lovely morning with our neighbours. My sweet neighbour made home made cheese scones. Oh, they were delicious. Sadly, our lovely neighbour, as in my direct neighbour, couldn’t make it as she had to work. I missed her as I like to have conversations with her, she is so clever. So sweet.

 

 OK going to get some shopping now. I’m so cold. I wish Hub would hurry home to get some heating on for a t least a couple of hours. But he isn’t in until after six. Then we have to almost go out again. Looking forward to tonight. I shall tell  you all about where we went tomorrow. Have a great evening. Or if it is day where you are, enjoy, I hope you are warmer than me. X

 

No comments: