translate

Friday 3 May 2019

ROYAL RP NEWS AND MORE BY FIONA CUMMINGS


It’s Friday. Happy Birthday to Stephen and Hellen. A few Bloggets are doing walks and half marathons this weekend… And one of my readers is having a weekend with friends and champagne in their hot tub…. A real girly weekend where they are doing each other’s nails etc. not sure it’s going to be warm girls, but enjoy, and I guess after a few glasses of Champagne, you won’t care if it’s warm or bitterly cold…

 

It’s our Bank Holiday Monday this weekend and parts of our good old trains are shutting down.  On our busiest weekend?

 

Yesterday we had our local elections. I didn’t vote, after the last time I voted I really don’t want to ever vote again. It’s pointless. We voted we won but in the end we’ve lost.  I have no faith. So, when my doorbell rang. I answered it; a man knew my first name. spooky number one. He told me he could give me a lift to vote…. Spooky number two, as how did he know I couldn’t see? Our voting polling station is impossible to walk to this year and as I have never been to it before, no way I was going to attempt it even if I wanted to vote. But the spookiest thing of all, he was from the Labour party. And whilst they have a buffoon in charge, I would never entertain voting for them. As I told them. They, as I realised there was actually two of them at the door, only when the poor sweet man at the door got an earful from me, his colleague probably thought I better defend my comrade. Haha. They told me it was local elections, it had nothing to do with their leader. Nice… obviously they have faith in him too… not.

 

Anyway, on their way they went and if conservatives had come around, they would have got an earful too, as they really have let us down as a country.

 

Hub is working from home today, in the distance I can hear his computer talking loads of numbers, so I think it’s budgeting he’s doing. So, on goes my earphones and I’m in my world of Bloggetting. Is there such a word as Bloggetting? I doubt it, but hey, leaving it in!

 

I went out earlier, a lady told me I looked very smart. I thanked her then a guy standing next to me said I was a very beautiful lady. Hahahahaha. I asked them both if they needed me to pass their names onto Guide Dogs…. Not sure they got my sense of humour. But it’s a little worrying as a lot of people have been saying of late, that I am looking good.

Yeah, opposed to what? I mean, what on earth did I look like before? Even my Son came in the other day and said. Mum you look really pretty today. Heck. Its awful not being able to see yourself in the mirror. I’m now paranoid what I looked like before? I’m still ma’hooosive. And no long walk this weekend, I fear the worst as this is two weekends now, I haven’t got my big walk in. last weekend was a short walk.

 

Hub is talking about selling his piano. He may as well as he never plays it. I wonder if it’s because it’s squashed in the corner of the room, well, the stool that is, mind you, it didn’t used to be and he never played it. He says he used to feel compelled to play where as now he has a choice. I have two brilliant musicians in the house and neither of them will play. It’s so annoying.

 

Meghan Markle who’s married to our Prince Harry is due her baby, there are rumours that she has given birth, but typical of her she is keeping the birth totally secret. I understand they have to have some kind of private life, but at the end of the day, every single member of the Royal family have done the same thing when they have had their children. Announce and pose for photographs. Our Royalty belongs to the public. I understand what Harry’s poor much loved Mother went through; the press hounded her. But I think this has a lot to do with his wife who sadly seems to be going very much against tradition in everything she does. There are rumours that she isn’t at all liked by the Royal family and that is a real shame for Harry because he needs his family. He used to be so close to his Brother William. It’s awful when a spouse comes in between families. If William was bad or awful, I would say good on you Meghan, but he isn’t, he’s a good guy. Though Harry was always my favourite. I just hope Meghan is truly in love with him and wants the best for him. There are already words saying that Harry and Meghan are going to move to South Africa, as that is where Harry feels more at home. And to be honest, what an amazing country to feel at home, he will have plenty of security for sure.  

 

A headline that really made me stop and think today was end to aids as huge study finds anti-HIV drugs stop transmission.

Hmm. For those who are infected innocently, that is great news, but in most cases a lot of it is self-inflicted. Its like finding a drug that will allow people to continue drinking far too much without giving them symptoms of being drunk. Again, there are thousands of people millions, who are affected with some kinds of cancer with no fault of their own. There is no cure for them.

 

There is talk about an incredible self-driving dumper truck. Sounds like a horror movie?

   Have you heard of microdosing mushrooms? Oh my, there is a headline today linked to that which says. “Makes me want to play with the kids.”” That sounds so wrong, so are they magic mushrooms? So are parents now getting high so they can enjoy time with their children? Oh my, this world really is going to hell.

 

Our poor people in India again are in difficulty. As a cyclone hits part of the country and it’s said it’s the biggest in decades.

 

In the UK the future of 1p and 2p coins are secured for years to come. In our house, Hub  says it’s crazy, to have such coins. But I love tradition and old things… and I’m pleased we are not removing more money from our past.

 

OK, and finally some great links  for RP.

 


 


 

 

 

 

No comments: