translate

Saturday 4 May 2019

DIARY OF SLIPPER ON THE RUG BY FIONA CUMMINGS


Good evening Bloggets. I am exhausted. I seem to have been busy all day. Our dogs went for a free run today for an hour. they came back a little like I feel now. pooped. I have been cleaning the floor in the sitting room, polishing it to put our new rug down. I think I told you about when I went to look at some rugs last week and we were told we would have to wait two weeks also they were four times as much as I could get it from Amazon, only trouble is, on Amazon, I don’t know what colours it would be or how thick it would be. The words read a description of size, but don’t give any other description other than, well, the one I picked said multi coloured. So, multi coloured squares, circles, diamonds, spots, waves or flowers? And, what colours? Red blue and green, orange yellow and pink? Well I ordered it. It came. It is quite thick, so happy with that, and I used my iPhone and the app Tap Tap See. TTS, read multi coloured rug, then second picture said too close, third picture said foot with slipper, Hahahaha, that was my camera skills… forth said red blue green and purple rug. So, I waited until my Son came home from work. I guessed with my Husband what our Son would say, his first words as he came through the door. Hub said, Oh, my God Mum. I said, that’s nice? Hehehehe. Well Hub was the closest. Here is what my beloved said.

“Hell, Mum, can you send it back?””

Oh

Em

No!

I don’t want to, I like it I, professed, asking please can you describe it? He replied. “Well, it’s kind of 70’s hippy style.””

  Me, well is it dotty, squares? And what colours? He replied loads of different colours as I said earlier and said it looks like one of those lava lamps. Nice, I was loving it more…. So, I continued, why do you not like it? He answered. It’s for a modern apartment. Oh, I thought it was seventies? Yes, it is, so, how is it for a modern apartment? You know, if it’s seventies? It just is, he answered… O.K. he replied, Mum can you send it back? I could if I wanted to, but I don’t, in fact I may get a piggin other one. Hahaha. Oh, but the conversation got better.

I said, my house is modern.

Being flippant.

He replied, Mum, the rug is for a trendy apartment, like a bachelor flat. This room is, well, full of furniture, and ornaments. Hahahaha. Obviously, bachelors don’t have furniture or ornaments. And suddenly the conversation leads to women’s football….

 

I wound up our cuckoo clock today. Oh, it’s already driving me mad, it is such a high tick tick. Our friends who used to live in America now Mexico, have the nicest Grandfather clock and my friend Pauline has the best sounding clock too, but ours, oh it’s ear splitting. I think that will be stopped for bed and I will forget to wind it up tomorrow.

 

Saturday night is awful for TV. So boring. Hub is watching some kind of sea rescue program. Life guard and life boat volunteers are simply amazing it’s so bad they don’t get paid. I will never understand why they don’t. I mean, people who rescue people in cars on our roads rightly so get paid, so why not in our seas?

 

Oh, this is tragic news what happened today, did you hear about the Boeing aeroplane that crashed into the river in Florida? Thank goodness all passengers were OK but what was or is horrific, is the poor animals/pets were all killed. Breaks my heart.

 

    I was reading today that if you have allergies, and you drink milk whilst eating fish, it’s bad for you… personally I can’t think of anything worse than milk and fish. Gross.

Though I do cook Hub fish in milk. Again, gross… but he loves it.

Still gross!

 

A very happy birthday to Ann today and for tomorrow wishing Owen a beautiful happy 20th birthday.

 

And a thought before I go for you to ponder on.

Imagine a giraffe throwing up? It would take forever!!

Just saying.

 

 

 

 

1 comment:

Christine O said...

Hahahaaa Fi, you do make me laugh and the rug sounds fantastic. Love foot and slipper, great photographic skills . Til next time. Christine O, in Oz