translate

Wednesday 1 May 2019

A BEAUTIFUL VALLEY #PoetryByFionaCummings

BY FIONA CUMMINGS
In the valleys so deep
It’s here where we can sleep
Where life can pass you by
Rivers flow
I can breathe, sigh
Fresh air
Without a care
The rest of the world so stressed
 Away from here is such a mess
But the valleys just know
They understand
Being here is as if in a new land
Birds of prey fly
Away from strife
What’s known as life
But it’s here we live
Where nature just gives
I sit, near a honeysuckle
Listening to a dam, trickle
Surrounded by bluebells
And one single Foxglove
Oh, I do love
The valley’s, the pasture
The oaks, birch’s and Aster
A purple carpet cradles my feet
On a bed of wild flowers
Like a sheet
The sound of silence
The fragrance
The peace
The silver skies
Fluffy white clouds so high
A diamond like raindrop
Kissing a rose
It’s here I chose
Or did the valley pick me
I planted the willow tree, and Alder
When I was younger
With my much loved Grandmother
Near the river
To stabilise the banks
Each day I give thanks
For my paradise
I threw the dice
And it rolled here
I won the game
I sit and watch the deer
They are so tame
They don’t need to be in fear
For them I have respect
For this is their home
I pray they may roam
Free from humans
Who are too busy assuming?
That whatever is here is theirs
Nothing is safe from man
No lions, tiger or bears
But I will do what I can
To give back to my land
For I understand
It was given to us free
To you, and to me
An yet still we rob from it
Like acidic vomit
Some people are full of poison
We all need a spoon of medicin
To heal humanity
Give back sanity
For here is a gift
Of a beautiful valley
 
© Fiona Cummings
 
 
  • No comments: