translate

Thursday 30 May 2019

DIARY OF GOOD FOR YOU BY FIONA CUMMINGS #InspirationalDiary


Good day Bloggets. How are you all today? This morning I asked my Alexa as I woke what the weather was like? She replied 18 so I asked her was it going to rain? she replied it was raining right now. well as I took Waggs for her morning pollutions, I couldn’t believe how nice it was. Sunny and hot. No rain…. good job I didn’t dress in me waterproofs!

 

Not ventured out much this week because of my dreadful annoying poor hearing. I’m praying tomorrow will be the best day as I’m off to the nurse in the morning. I’m not taking Wagga going to get a taxi as it’s somewhere I haven’t been and I won’t be able to work her properly as I can’t even hear where I’m going so will be totally lost. Hence getting a taxi. I just hope I will hear the taxi and I don’t get into someone else’s car. Haha. It has been known. And that was when I had sight…

 

Hub is working from home so won’t be able to go with me. I hate going for anything medical on my own. But such is life. its things like knowing where I’m going. A new place. Will I be able to fine the reception desk? Will tomorrow I hear my name being called or with it being a new place, do they call your name or is it one of those awful situations where by your name comes up on a screen? If so, I may be sitting there for a while! Just shows though, I tried to book an appointment with our private health care Hub has with work, they couldn’t help. I also tried to pay privately with a local seeing and hearing place, where they charge a lot but would have been worth it not to have gone through this suffering for almost two weeks. But they were booked for a month. Good old NHS has worked for me this time. First time in years I can pat them on the back. Mind you, after tomorrow, I may have to eat my words, but I hope not.

 

As my lovely friend said. Being blind is tough but not being able to hear right too is so difficult.

 

Oh, you would have laughed last night at the dinner table. I was sitting with our Son. Hub was still working it was half seven in the evening. He worked in the sitting room so Boy Wonder and I were in our dining room. I sat with a cup of tea as our Son ate his late meal, he was late because of his after-work activity he had been to. More on that in a mo jo.

 

I was telling him about the loud tinnitus and saying because I wasn’t hearing properly from the outside of my head, I was hearing inside of my head so the screaming from the tinnitus was so   loud. He replied in a calm voice.

“so, Mum, are you hearing voices?””

Whaa’aa’aat?

I’m deaf son. I’m not hearing voices. Don’t worry, I’m not needing other kinds of care….

Well, not yet.

 

He went to the sauna yoga.

It’s in our city it’s a town house that has been turned into a yoga centre. So, you pay quite a bit of money to be tortured. Haha. Our Son said that one man had to leave half way through and his colleagues were shaking. So, it’s hot and you do yoga movements. But I’m delighted to say, he loved it. As did his colleagues. I didn’t know until yesterday, he organised it. Bless him. He’s a real leader. Thank God no one he knew passed out….

 

I love the way he gets his colleagues who are older than him to do activities. It’s great. He is doing a long day on Saturday overtime again. Bless him. Shamrock is going away for the weekend with family and friends.

 

Now for men, or ladies who care about their loved ones. Prostate cancer I have been reading about today as some of you know, that is how my beloved Dad died. It took seven years to catch him, but in the end because I am sure he neglected signs for too long, he suffered. That was a long time ago and I am pleased to say now that adverts on our TV and discussions are now more open. There is more information out there and if you catch it early enough, you will be saved. Once you turn fifty, your risk for prostate cancer increases. More than 80 per cent of diagnosis are from men over 65. northern Europe and northern America leading the trend. There are new drugs out there now and new treatments which is great, but what is even better is you visit your GP for five minutes first when you get early signs or even if you are over fifty, get checked out even if you are not showing signs.

 

Signs of prostate cancer are as follows. Incontinence, erectile dysfunction, problems urinating may be pain and loss of libido.

You don’t have to have all those signs together either.

4 in 10 prostate cancers are diagnosed in late stages. It is the most common cancer among men.  

 

Something else I have been reading about. The best foods for our brain, memory and studying…. The brain is an organ and needs the right organs. I’m so bad. You know, we take our body for granted, don’t we? But if we think of it like a car, or in my case, a bus…

Who said jet?

Back of the class for you…

We should treat it better. So, foods for our brain… caffeine can help us to retain information. Dark chocolate is good for us. Berries are really good for helping our brains to make new connections… nuts and seeds are great for us. They have vitamin E which helps to protect our brain as we age. Sunflower seeds, hazelnuts and almonds are the best seeds and nuts we can eat. Walnuts are great for the brain and heart. Fatty fish is great to lower clumps to our brain which fights Alzheimer’s disease.

All those foods, well, apart from fish… Yack…. Are quite nice, well no, really nice. Something good for us that is tasty, bonus.

There has been a lot in our press about cruel individuals hurting pets so I thought I would write about how we can help our pets if they get ill.

Blue flowers in our gardens are poisonous for our dogs. Chocolate, raisins, grapes, currants, sultanas, onions, lily’s, cleaning products and things you put in your car and slug repellent as well as weed killer and dog flee treatment is bad for cats, also pork too is really bad for dogs. But when they are out and about, we can’t tell what they are eating if they sneak off somewhere to forage.

 

You will know they have eaten something bad as they will be sick. That is the best thing for them to get rid of whatever they have eaten. If they are sick for hours though you must take them to the vet. It’s also best to not feed them their food that day. I hate doing that, I feel so cruel. But it is the best thing. Or give them a tiny bit of plain rice and chicken but only a tiny amount and remember to give them drinks of water. Our Little Fella Hubs guide dog is so funny. He will not drink water. We put it on his dry biscuits for his dinner, and how he does it I’m not sure but he manages to eat his food and leaves the water till the end. And then he drinks it as it must have a tiny bit of flavour of his kibble. I was told if you put water on their food, if they are dry biscuits, it will make them feel fuller and it stops the biscuits from getting stuck in their throat. Did you know you can also buy dog dishes and I guess cat dishes with bumps in the bottom to slow their eating down if they are fast eaters?  Well back to the Little Fella, so, give him plain water no way. But milk? Oh, my he loves it. So, I did a test as I never give him plain milk on its own, I put water in the dish then may be one inch of milk. So, a few weeks ago, I washed the milk bottle out and put water in. opened the kitchen door to let him in, he saw my bottle, I poured this water from the milk bottle and LF thought it was his birthday. Hahaha. He actually thought it was milk?

 

If God forbid your dog is in a fight, try to distract the dogs rather than get involved separating them though our natural instinct is to part them. Check them out nose to tail. Wounds that are near a joint or are more than 1 centimetre big, best to take them to the vet. Small wounds can be bathed with cooled boiled water but that important word, cooled… or a saline

Solution of 1 teaspoon of salt to 500ml / 1 pint of water if the wound smells or becomes swollen, then please take to the vet.

 

CLX wipes are great to keep if you have a pet.

If you notice your dog eating grass, this acts as a protective layer over sharp objects. It’s clever how our pets know this, isn’t it?

 

Best not feed our pets any human foods. Remember they wouldn’t be able to pop to the groceries in the wild… as for chewing things, Christmas is the worst. Those dam chocolates we hang from trees? Really dangerous. They try to eat them get tinsel and that wraps around their insides cutting them and usually they have to be put to forever sleep. Tennis balls are lethal too. They can get stuck and they block their windpipes. Those squeakers from toys as well. Not at all sure how they are legal. If a toy is cheap, there is a reason for that. I buy a lot of KONG toys. Their normally better made. And you can get different sizes for small or large dogs.

 

If you think of having a pet a little like looking after a toddler, you will be fine…

 now, where is mine?

 

No comments: