translate

Wednesday 29 May 2019

EYE ON THE CURE BY FIONA CUMMINGS #InspirationalDiary


We got our shopping delivered. Hub is working from home. He took a ten-minute break to carry things in for me. I dropped a pack of biscuits on the floor. In wrappers in a pack so they would be fine until I remove the bags from the floor and put things away. Great, only where are those blooming biscuits? Seriously I can not find them anywhere. Are the diet fairies trying to tell me something?

 

We got our shopping from Tesco. We have just started doing on line shopping with them after many years. I must say their website is accessible much better than it used to be. But still the best is Ocado and Morrisons. But they are much more expensive. So, when we get plastic bags from the other shops, they ask if we want to return any and we hand over from the week before. Tesco say they are green as they use paper bags for fridge things like fruit veg and salads. Well, apart from five oranges that were just loose in a basket we had to empty and return the the driver. Whilst he waited at the door. Paper bags fine, but, other things do come in flimsy plastic bags that you couldn’t use for anything else as A, they are tied in a knot. B, they are so thin. And C, they have labels stuck on them. And they don’t ask for bags back either. So, they don’t recycle their plastic bags?

 

And the other funny thing is, they do delicious bread sticks. Oh, they are soooooooooo goooooood.

But that isn’t the funny thing… the funny, or odd thing is, they are 45p each but if you buy three, you get them for less. So, I bought three of two different kinds last week thinking they were round rolls as their description was baps. I received 6 long begets. So, this week, armed with knowledge, I ordered two of one kind and one of another. Three sticks in total. Right?

Wrong.

7

Yep, seven lo’o’ong bread sticks. No way I could eat one on my own. It would give someone two enormous sandwiches. So, 14 in total. Hahaha. Guess what we are all, having for dinner tonight?

 

I bought hub some white crab prepared of course. So, he will be having that with salad. Our Son will be having salad with vegan burgers and me just salad. I could eat the bread just with butter.

 

I had to smile at part of our news today as the headline read. UK needs more overseas workers of vets and architects. Hahaha. Really? Architects? Well, come to think of it and vets? Our vets get paid a fortune, so why is there a shortage? Could be because it’s so hard to study for it but I do wonder if the vets in other countries study in quite the same manner? I think we have to study until about the age of 27. Longer than a doctor for sure.

 

It’s in our press about how people who own bars shouldn’t be giving free glasses of tap water away. In our restaurants and bars, if you say tap water, it’s free. To be honest, I think there should be a small, very small charge as you are using a glass and you are taking up time by them pouring it for you. The glass still has to be washed it still can break. So, may be 20p?

 

I hope you in central US are OK with tornadoes? Gosh, it’s awful for you. Double of the amount of them of late. That is scary. That is climate change.

I pray for the animals too.

I was also reading today that new Filipino law requires students to have to plant ten trees if they want to graduate. I love that idea!

 

I love trees. I’m so happy when I am amongst trees. I love the smell of them, the way they shade you from the sun, the patterns in my minds eye they make against the sky. Again, in my memory the shadows they create. The way they seem to wave at you. The leaves that drop-in autumn that provide crunchy paths for us to walk through. The life they give the homes they provide and the amazing wood that you can carve from them. I’m so pleased we have protected trees in the UK. I have always believed that there is more to trees than we know.

 

Eating dinner last night, the three of us got talking as yet another shop in the UK is under threat of the Highstreet. Hub asked what will become of our highstreets if there are no shops? My answer was houses. More blooming houses. Our grand children will ask us, what was a shop? Were you alive when there were shops to buy things from? It’s all internet now. even for our Son who can go shopping with ease. He buys on line. It’s so sad if I could see I would so love to shop rather than having to do it all on line. How lucky people are who don’t realise it that they can, go and shop.

 

You know, we are adults. We know what we are getting into. So, why is it when trials for blindness is going on, sometimes, why do we use only three people? There would be hundreds queuing up surely? This study used three people… but the results are good.


 

but this sounds good. As they are saying a magical number of five years. And this document was from last year, so, four years? Here’s hoping.


 

 

be safe and hopeful. X

 

No comments: