translate

Friday 10 May 2019

FINDING YOUR FAMILY BY FIONA CUMMINGS


A lovely story at the end, but first I must tell you, I’m

absolutely gutted. Spent ages this afternoon on the phone to Ticket Master to try to book tickets to see Michael Bublé

 To be told both shows are sold out. Oh, sad. I love him. As does our Son I so wanted it to be a lovely surprise for him but sadly not to be.

 

Had a coffee morning with a couple of friends this morning and got soaked walking back. My Waggatail worked so well as if to say, Mum, let’s get home fast please I’m getting so wet. She is so low to the ground bless her all the water from the ground splashes up to her stomach.

 

As I passed a tree got slapped in the face by a bunch of wet branches. Nice… dried out now though. Though our heating is still broken will be until at least Monday.  I pray this Plumber will be able to fix our heating. Hub gets it going for just over half an hour then it stops again. We only have hot water whilst the heating is on too. Driving me crazy. How we rely on our boilers.

 

I’m still buzzing after the Kingdom Choir the other night. A lovely lady I was chatting with on FaceBook went to see them last night and like me, loved them. They really are spiritually life changing. I can’t even put into words just how much we loved them. They make you believe. They make you want to be in their world then you realise you are, in their world, just not all people are like them, well the way they were that night. The lady who does the introducing is so amazing. Like a real angel and has such power it’s really incredible.

 

Off to see our Besties tomorrow. Hub and I going on the train. Dreading that. As I don’t like our stations now. especially coming home. Saturday night, full of drunks. But during the day we will be with our dear friends. I can’t wait but already dreading saying bye bye.

 

We aren’t doing our walk this Sunday again as my girl Friday is on holiday having a great time, I hope. Next week she’s away too so by the time she gets back, I will be almost back to square one as my girl marches me through my process. Haha. Bless her. I miss her jolly soul. 

 

A lot of you have been asking about our furry friend or friends, in the loft. Well the other night there was a heck of a sound. All night it was quiet. Now previous to the sound, my nerves were shot. It sounded like it was coming through the ceiling. Then this horrific sound that Hub and I couldn’t identify. Well I was sure it was the trap. We put a humane trap up there. We have never heard that go off before, so because the little creature went quiet after the big bang boom, obviously that was what it was? Well Hub had to leave just after seven yesterday morning, our Son similar time. So, this poor thing would be trapped there until Hub could come home at six that night. Our Son was in first, so I asked him to take a look to see if the poor thing was still alive? Typical of us, get a humane trap then let it die inside. Well it was so funny. He was unsure. He was feeling so sad for the mouse/rat, he was torn. “What time will Dad be in Mum?”” six. So, then he went upstairs and started to knock on the loft hatch. Hahaha. Me, what’s that going to do love? He replied, well if it’s alive it will move, no I replied, it will freeze in fright as my son has a knock like a Policeman. Well he said, don’t think it’s up their Mum. I said it is, I heard it. No Mum best let Dad take a look….

 

Hub came in went up the steps to the loft and the piggin door was still open. So, nothing caught, so, where is it what happened to it and what on earth was that big crash and bang during the night? Did something fall on it in the loft? There is a mirror up there from the people who used to live here. May be that fell on it? Oh, bless it, well if it stays away bless it, if it has just found another hotel to visit and it will come back here tonight then I won’t be blooming blessing it.  

 

In our news the Fashion chain Select has gone bust. So, thousands of jobs gone sadly for those people. There are 169 stores across the UK.  Our high streets are really suffering, all the shops that have been around forever are going.

  

Our toy chain Hamleys, has been bought by India’s richest man.

Imagine owning a huge toy shop? When the people all go home and the doors are locked…. I have written before about when I was a small child, they closed our enormous toy department in a shop called Fenwick’s in Newcastle and a footballer from Newcastle dressed as Santa, it was Christmas, he didn’t do it as a weekend thing. Haha, well just in case there are any children reading this, Santa gets so busy he needs help at Christmas, so this kind footballer decided to be a helper. Well the press were there of course, and they told me I could pick any toy in the shop. Well of course I went for the doll that I loved the most, my Mum tried to get me to change my mind as she recalled for years after the event. It was the most expensive doll in the shop… normally I would be very easily persuaded, but nope, not that day. That was my doll. It had my name reserved on it in my mind… I loved it, I called him Garry. Hahaha. I guess because my Uncle was called Garry.  He had a soft body and hard head hands and feet and when you pulled his dummy/soother out of his mouth, he cried.

Bit like my Uncle.

 Oh, I loved him. The first time I went to Russia, I took him with me and every time I pulled his dummy out on the flight, my Mum told me off and the air hostess’s came running thinking it was a real baby. After the second time they got used to it and I got the hint from my Mum not to do it again.

Well, I gave it a bit of a break, then had one more go, and guess what? the third hostess came to see where the baby was. Hahahaha. It was so realistic. Hmm. Until a few years later when I decided to wash him.

Oops.

 

And finally, a sweet story.

A lady from Ireland met her Mother for the first time. Her Mum is 103. The 103 Mother reunited with her daughter of a young 81-year-old.

Eileen grew up in an orphanage in Dublin and started looking for her Mother when she was just 19. 62 years later, she met her Mum for her first time.

If you are 81, would you think for a second, that your Mum would be still alive? Gosh, wow, I wouldn’t think it.

 

Her Mum will be 104 on Saturday. Eileen travelled last month to see Elisabeth who now lives in Scotland.

 

Eileen said there was such a bond between them both, oh, my heart melted reading this story. I totally understand that bond. There is nothing more special in the world first to be excepted by your birth family and then to feel that bond. Eileen also discovered that she has two half-brothers. Bless Eileen, she said they had three wonderful days of happiness that she has never felt before.    

Funny as my adopted Mum was called Eileen and my Mums Mum my Grandmother, was called Elisabeth. So many waisted years though. Oh, so many if only they had met years ago? How many families are looking for their families or thinking about it? Remember though it doesn’t always work out well. We normally only hear about the happy reunions. Also remember that there is a load of pressure put on families that you may be trying to meet with. Sadly, it’s normally negative. At the same time, if it feels right in your heart then go for it, and remember something else, if it isn’t the right time for them, don’t give up because may be years down the line, it will be the right time. And then you both have to work out how you do cope, with the lost years. Life is too short. I had the chance to meet with my biological Father many years ago and it all went very wrong. Because of that, I missed out on my two half sisters. Regrets. I have a few. A couple of years ago, I had no regrets. How time can change.

 

Gosh a helicopter has just flown past our avenue of all sorts and I swear it sounded like it was coming in the house…

 

OK I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Best wishes to the lovely Emma and John. They are getting married tomorrow. They are a fantastic couple. If it’s your wedding day tomorrow, enjoy every minute as it will go so fast and it will be time you won’t get back or be able to repeat in the same way. Enjoy every one of your guests take it all in and may your memory of your special day last forever.

 

 

 

No comments: